twenty seven

Breathless
Please log in to read the full chapter

When I was eleven, I had a classmate who was being bullied by another classmate. Though it had no concern with me whatsoever, I decided to do something about it which brought me to the conclusion of brining my two classmates together and getting them to talk it out. I realized that it was a horrible idea when one started to beat up the other which got him suspended for a week and the injured one was sent to the hostpital. It seemed that I was the only one at school who didn’t realize the trouble that would occur if I had gotten these two together.

This was exactly how I was feeling at this moment.

No one said anything for a good minute. We just all stood there and I looked over at Jimin. I noticed that he was trying to control himself, maybe his emotions because he was trying very hard to control how badly his hands were shaking.

I tried to grab his hand but he flinched.

You could see everyone’s eyes going back and forth between Jimin and Yoona waiting for what would happen next, or who would be the first to speak.

“Yoona…” Jimin whispered as he took a step away from the group and towards his ex. Then, to our surprise, he coughed and stood up straighter. His hands stopped shaking and he asked, “How are you?”

Yoona’s eyes grew wide as if she was just as surprised as we were, “O-oh. Um, I’m good!”

Jimin only nodded.

“Let’s eat,” he said to everyone as he took a seat at the table, at the furthest seat possible from Yoona.

The boys looked at each other, unsure what they should do or say, but in the end the just shrugged and sat around the table.

I ended up sitting between Jungkook and Jimin, and as I tried to look at Jimin I found him looking at me, as if he was trying to figure out what my intentions were with bringing Yoona. But before I could say anything, he looked away and started going on his phone. I hung my head.

I could feel the tension in the room, but was thankful that Hoseok, being his lively self, broke it by starting to make jokes and Taehyung in pursuit started laughing like an idiot.

I felt a nudge by my leg and look to my right to find Jungkook staring at me.

He smiled, and mouthed “Don’t worry.”

Hesitantly, I gave back a small smile and nodded, hoping that he was right.

The entire dinner consisted of all the boys goofing around as if it was a normal night, with Yoona, Jimin, and myself staying silent.

You could see that the boys were actually trying to make conversation with Yoona, asking her how’s shes been and what she’s been up to these days, but she would give short answers as she was always looking at Jimin, trying to get him to look up or talk to her. It became clear to the boys that she wasn’t there for them, but for Jimin, and this made me squirm in my seat a little bit more.

Though I knew she wanted to be there to talk and fix things with Jimin, the fact that she was ignoring the others gave started having me question if she really wanted to ‘make things right.’

I looked up and made eyecontact with Namjoon who probably saw how unsettled I was feeling.

“Hyeon,” he said still looking at me.

I tiled my head to the side, “Yes oppa?”

“So how do you and Yoona know each other?”

Conversations died and everyone was quiet once again. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me, even Jimin’s, waiting for my answer.

“Well we—“

“We’re both interns for MTV. We got hired at the same time, that’s how we met!” Yoona cut me off. Everyone looked over at her and she ga

Please log in to read the full chapter