twenty four

Breathless
Please log in to read the full chapter

Note: please read author's note at the bottom of this chapter~

"Hyeon!"

I turned around and saw Jia running towards me at full speed. I felt her crash into me, wrapping her arms around me and bringing me in for a huge hug. I felt a wetness on my shoulder. "Hey Jia, Don't cry, it's just me. I'm not a worthy person to cry over."

She gave out a laugh and slapped my arm, "Nonsense. You've been like my best friend and I can't believe you're leaving for America!" she cried out. I gave a small smile, but I could feel my eyes starting to give up from holding back the tears, as a small drop fell down my cheek.

"Don't cry, Jia. Look what you're doing to me! You're making me cry!" I said with a laugh as I wiped away the tear.

I looked behind Jia shoulder and let go of her, jogging straight into another pair of arms. "Hey Hyeon, big day today huh?" Taehyung said to me, lifting me off the ground into a big bear hug.

I giggled, "Yuuuuuup!"

I pulled away from him and gave him a serious look, "Now listen to me young man," I said, trying to sound like a strict parent, "You take good care of that girl over there, you understand me?" I said to him, pointing over to Jia.

Taehyung laughed, "Yes sir. I will do that," his expression quickly changed into a serious one as he glanced behind me, "Hyeon, did you tell Jungkook or Jimin that you were leaving today?" Taehyung asked curiously.

I shook my head, "No. I know it sounds bad on my part, but I don't want to hurt either of them by telling them that I'm leaving."

"Well you might have to hurt one of them," Taehyung said slowly, as he nodded his head in the direction behind me, "Turn around."

I turned around slowly and found Jimin standing no less than 50 feet away from us. I started gnawing on the inside of my cheek as I turned to face Taehyung, "Do you think I should...?" I asked him nervously.

He nodded, "I think you should. He's already here and it would hurt him more if you avoided him." I let out a small nod and started making my way over to where Jimin was standing.

"Hey," I said quietly once I reached him.

He gave me a sad smile, "Hey."

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I shoved my hands into my back jean pockets.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" he asked me desperately. I looked into his eyes and I could see the hurt and the pain that he was feeling. He looked bad. His eyes were bloodshot and he had huge bags under his eyes.

I looked away from him in shame, "I didn't want to hurt you anymore," I whispered.

Jimin let out a forced laugh, "When you came into my life Hyeon, I've gone through a roller coaster of emotions. I was already expecting to get hurt at sometime, but I never thought it would have been so soon."

I peeked up at him, and found him staring down at me intently, "How did you know I was here?"

He sat down on one of the airport benches and ran his hands through his hair, "I stopped by KBS this afternoon to go and look for you, and I ran into Bo Gum-ssi," he explained as I took a seat beside him, "He told me that you were going for a job in LA and that you would probably be at the airport by no

Please log in to read the full chapter