nineteen

Breathless
Please log in to read the full chapter

I felt as if my heart was going to explode out of my chest. Jimin gave me hand a gentle squeeze as we reached the front door of his mother's house. "It's going to be fine," he said giving me an encouraging smile as he knocked on the door. "They're going to love you." I gave him a look, and I could feel my nerves on full blast.

"But Jimin what if--"

"Jimin! Baby come here!" a woman opened the door, interrupting my sentence. Jimin let go of my hand and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug. Looking at her head that was now resting on his shoulder, I noticed that Jimin and her had about the same coloured hair, and the same mouth. I assumed that she was Jimin's mother. I saw tears swell up in her eyes as she hugged her son back. I gave a sigh of 'awe' as I watched the scene before me. Her eyes looked up and met mine. She pulled away from Jimin and gave me a small smile.

"Who's this Jimin?" Jimin gave me a tug, pulling me beside him as I felt his hand snake around my waist.

"This is Hyeon, eomma. The girl I was talking to you about," he said as a grin appeared on his face, holding on to my waist tighter as he pulled me closer to his side. I gave his mom a tiny smile, holding my hand out.

"Hello Mrs Park,” I had managed to let out as she shook my hand. Jimin's mom gave me a grin, "Call me ajumma. Mrs Park makes me feel old."

I gave out a nervous laugh, "Of course. Sorry ajumma." I said quickly. Mrs Park moved aside and motioned us to come inside. "Honey! Jimin and Hyeon are here!" she called out behind her.

I gave out a deep breathI didn't realize that I was holding and looked up at Jimin. He gave me a reassuring smile as we led me to the dining room. A short boy walked into the room, and ran to Jimin. "JIMIN!" he yelled as he jumped on his back. They both fell to the ground laughing. I too couldn't help but let out a tiny laugh. It was nice to see Jimin in a different persona. He seemed much more relaxed and at home when he was around his family. The boy got up and looked at me, and at once he stopped laughing and a frown appeared on his face.

"Who are you?" he asked me, a brow raised. I immediately felt my palms begin to sweat as he stared at me.

"This is Hyeon, Jihyun. Remember I told you about her!" Jimin said enthusiastically as he joined me by my side once again. Jihyun, Jimin's brother, approached us and I felt myself tense. He gave me the once-over, crossing his arms over his chest.

"So, Hyeon," he began, "I'm assuming you're Jimin hyung's new 'fling.'" he said as a sly grin played on his lips. I flinched.

"Um... Actually..."

"Jihyun, don't." Jimin said sternly as he glared as Jihyun. The room was suddenly filled with silence as Jihyun continued glaring at me, and at the same time, Jimin was giving him a warning look.

"What are you guys doing up?" Mrs Park’s voice filled the room, "Get seated, we're about to start dinner!"

Jimin grabbed my hand and led me to the other side of the table. He pulled out my chair for me, indicating me to sit down. I placed myself in the chair as I looked up at him and smiled. I heard gagging from across the table, and looked up to find Jihyun sitting across from me, his eyes still narrowed. Jimin rolled his eyes and took a seat next to me. Mrs Park and a man, who I assumed was Jimin's father, came into the room with plates of food in their hands. Once everyone was seated, I waited as everyone started digging into their food, before I started eating.

"So Hyeon," Jimin's father, said to me as I turned my head to face him, "Has Jimin here been giving you and trouble?"

I let out a giggle as I saw Jimin rolling his eyes, smiling. Shaking my head I said, "No he hasn’t sir. He's been very well behaved," I said patting his shoulder as if he was a pet dog. Mrs Park laughed as Jimin growled in response to my comment. Wow, Jimin was lucky for having a family that was so relaxed and fun to be around. I wonder what my family would be like if--

"What do your parents think about you dating someone as famous as Jimin?" Jihyun asked snapping me out of thought. I froze, and I felt my breathing hitch in my throat. I could feel everyone's stares at me as I fumbled with my words.

"Umm... Well the thing is my parents..." I tried to say, but I couldn't seem to find my voice. I totally forgot that I hadn't even told Jimin about my parents' death. I didn't want it to come up again, and that one time I told Jungkook about it… It seemed like the right time to te

Please log in to read the full chapter