five

Breathless
Please log in to read the full chapter

I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock. 7:00AM. Why was I awake this early again? Oh right. Classes.

I grabbed my pillow and chucked it in the bed next to me.

"Sohyun, get up! Our class starts in an hour!"

She groaned, "5 more minutes..."

I got out of bed and started whacking her with my pillow, "I. Said. Get. UP!" I hit her after each word.

She pushed me off her, "Fine, fine. I'm up."

I grabbed a pair of jeans, yanking them on my legs, "Hurry up, I don't want to be late on my first day."

 

 

"I hope Mr Lee gets hit by a car or something," Sohyun mumbled as we stumbled our way out of English, "Who does he think he is giving us assignments on the first day!"

I glanced at the assignment paper, "It's not that bad. And it's due next week so we have plenty of time."

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, whatever."

"Hey guys!" 

We turned around and saw Jia running up towards us.

When she reached us, she gave me the once-over and looked like she was going to throw up.

"Please do not tell me you're going to be wearing that to the KBS interview."

What was the girl taking about?

"What are you talking about? What interview?"

Jia looked at me wide-eyed, "Do not tell me you didn't know your internship interview was today."

What internship? Then I remembered, I signed up for the KBS internship.

"," I was now freaking out, "that's today?!"

Jia and Sohyun looked at each other, "Yeah!" they said at the same time.

"What time is the interview?"

Jia glanced at her watch, "It's at 12, you have about an hour to get ready then get a cab to drive you there," she looked at me once again, "and you'll probably need the whole hour to get ready."

Sohyun nodded her head in agreement.

I looked down at what I was wearing: a baggy sweater, sweatpants, and runners.

"Why, what's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I shot back at them.

Jia rolled her eyes, "Hyeon, if you want to get a job, or in your case, this internship, you've got to make a good impression. And that outfit, does not give you a good impression."

I sighed. "Fine, I admit I don't have the best fashion sense," Sohyun nodded in agreement and I shot her a look, "but I don't know what to wear."

Jia smirked at me, and I saw a sparkle in her eye, "Don't worry. I think I have just the thing."

 

 

"We're here miss," the cab driver informed me.

I looked out the cab window and saw the KBS sign.

I thanked the driver and handed him 70,000 won.

I got out of the cab and walked up to the building door. I looked at my reflection in the window. Jia did do a pretty good job. I mean I looked pretty.

I wore a white summer dress with a jean jacket and 2-inch heels. My hair was curled and put up in a bun. I smiled at how I looked. Maybe I'll start dressing like this more often.

Opening the door and walking up to the counter, all that was running through my head was what if they didn't like me, or if they didn't give me the internship?

A thousand possible scenarios were running through my mind and I was too caught up in my thoughts that I didn't hear the secretary call my name for my interview.

"Miss Eun Hyeon?"

I looked up.

"You may go down the hall into room 104."

Room 104. Room 104.

I walked down the hall looking at each door as I passed them.

Room 102. Room 103. Room 104.

I stopped in front of the room, my breathing ragged and uncontrolled as I lifted my hand and gave 3 knocks on the door.

It immediately pushed open and I saw Park Bo Gum.

My eyes grew wide but I kept my cool.

Bo Gum looked up and smiled at me, "Ahh, you must be the new intern!"

I gave a nervous laugh, "Well hopefully I will be if this interview goes well."

He gave me a large grin, "I see you haven't heard yet. Well then, you're in for a big surprise!"

Haven't heard what? What surprise?

He must have been able to read the questioning look on my face, "Hyeon, you already got the internship! The others decided to go for other networks for some stupid strange reason since we are the best ones out here in Korea," I gave a small giggle, "but that's alright isn't it? At least we got you!"

He got up and walked across the room to another door.

What do I do now?

"Umm, Park Bo Gum-ssi?"

He laughed at the name, "You can call me Bo Gum."

I laughed nervously, "Bo Gum, so if I got the spot then do I leave now?"

"Leave?" He laughed as if I had just told the funniest joke in the world, "No, we're going to start you right away! We're about to go live to an interview in 5 minutes!"

He motioned me to follow him into the next room which led us to one of the many interview/control rooms in the KBS studio, until we ended up with what I recognized as the Music Bank studio.

“Um, Bo Gum sunbaenim, why are we on Music Bank? I thought I was going to be a journalist intern?”

He met my look of confusion with his own. “You didn’t know, the KBS internship is for Music Bank, which is why every year we get thousands of applicants. Everyone wants to meet their favourite idol and watch them perform,” he explained, “Also I’m the MC for Music Bank, so I have to be here anyways.”

So I wouldn’t be doing news reports? I shrugged. I guess this was the next best thing since Music Bank got more viewers than the news did anyways thanks to the success of the idols performing every week.

I gazed up and saw the audience getting excited since the show was about to start.

"Might I ask what you exactly want me to do during this interview?"

He sat down in his chair and began getting the equipment ready for the interview, "Oh nothing much. Just getti

Please log in to read the full chapter