fourteen

Breathless
Please log in to read the full chapter

I watched as my aunt carefully tended Jungkook’s wounds.

I was also happy that she didn't ask where they were from or what happened since I knew that she knew, I would tell her when the time was right.

"There we go," she said applying a bit of cream on Jungkook’s lip so seal the cut, "All done."

Jungkook looked at her gratefully, "Thank you so much, Ajumma."

My aunt nodded at him before turning to face me.

"Jungkook-ah? Do you mind giving me and Hyeon some time to talk?" my aunt asked Jungkook.

"Of course," Jungkook said getting up, "I'll be waiting by hyung’s car if you need me," Jungkook said to me.

I nodded and watched him walk out the door.

"He seems like a nice boy," my aunt said to me expectantly.

I smiled, "He is... But--"

"But he has a girlfriend," my aunt finished off for me.

"Yeah," I answered sadly.

She sighed, "He looks at you like you're the moon and the stars, did you know that?" she said smiling.

I blushed, "No, he doesn't."

She laughed, "Don't worry sweetie, he'll come around," she said placing a hand on my shoulder.

Silence filled the room and my aunt stood up reaching for the top of her bookshelf. She grabbed a tiny box that I had never seen before and placed it in my hands.

"I want you to have this," she said as I slowly lifted the top of the box to reveal what's inside, "It was your father's. I wanted to give it to you next time I saw you and well, here you are," she said giving out a hearty laugh.

Inside the box, I saw a grey guitar pick on a chain.

More accurately, my father's grey guitar pick.

I carefully picked it up and placed it around my neck.

I looked at my aunt speechless.

"How did you manage to--?"

"I found it in a box of your father's things that they were going to bury with him. I snatched it before they put it in the ground because I knew that you would probably want it."

I gave my aunt a small smile, "Thank you Ajumma; for everything."

Walking back to Suga’s car to meet the others, my thoughts somehow led me to Jungkook.

He was so sweet, and so amazing. I knew for a fact that he cared for me, but the kiss? The kiss confused me. I knew that he was with Sohyun, but if he knew he was with her, why did he do it?

I placed my fingers on my lips, and the feeling of his lips on mine replayed in my head.

As I approached the car, I peeked through the windows and saw not what I expected to see.

Suga and Sora were having a steamy make out session.

“What the …” I mumbled to myself.

I back away from the window slowly. I wonder why the glass wasn't already foggy since it seemed pretty hot in the car.

I looked around for Jungkook, finding him in the Elementary School Park across the street.

He sat on the swing set looking down at his feet; he seemed deep in thought.

"What are you thinking about?"

His head turned in my direction and he gave me a faint smile, "Stuff," he said blandly.

I sat down on the swing beside him.

"Stuff? What kind of stuff?" I asked trying to keep a conversation going, hoping to clear all the awkward tension that hung in the air.

He glanced at me, "A lot of stuff," he said as he got off the swing and leaned against the pole, "The fans, the music, the new album, hyung and Sora in the backseat," he said rolling he eyes while I laughed, "Jimin... Sohyun... You," he said looking straight into my eyes.

I looked away from him, "Why did you do it?" my voice barely came out as an inaudible whisper.

Jungkook hung his head and groaned in frustration, "I don't know!" he exclaimed sounded genuinely confused.

He sat back down on the swing next to me.

"You just seemed to... I don't know... Like a different person than you were last night when Jimin... You know," he mumbled.

I nodded.

"You just seemed more... Like you and I think I just got caught up in the moment and one thought just led to another..." Jungkook’s voice trailed off.

I looked up at him, waiting for what he had to say next.

He sighed, "Hyeon to

Please log in to read the full chapter