twenty eight

Breathless
Please log in to read the full chapter

As we pulled up in front of the dorms, I quickly thanked the driver before leaving the car. I was still confused about what was happened and what was happening. I was curious about what Yoona and Jimin had talked about in the hallway. I was frustrated at myself for not telling Jimin about Yoona earlier, and about befriending Yoona in the first place.

As I staggered up the stairs to my room, I found her there waiting for me.

“Yoona…” I managed to spit out, “What are you doing here?”

She was leaning against my door, but moved slightly to let me gain access to open it.

“I wanted to talk to you,” she explain, “Is that cool?” She threw me one of her award winning smiles, but this time it didn’t look like she meant it.

I nodded and opened the door, leading us both into my room.

Throwing my stuff onto my bed, I sat on the floor and looked up at her, “What’s up?”

I saw her gwaning the inside of her cheek as she took a seat across from me.

“Are you okay?”

I shook my head, “No, I’m not okay,” I sighed, “I don’t know what you and Jimin talked about but now he’s avoiding me and not speaking to me.” I let out a shaky laugh, “What did you tell him, Yoona?”

She was quiet for a moment before releasing a breath.

“I apologized like I told you I was going to. I told him why I sold all their secrets to the media,” she looked up at me intently, knowing that I was going to ask why. After all, she did promise me that I would understand her motives after she had talked and apologized to Jimin.

“Remember when I told you that I had no choice, Hyeon-ah?”

I nodded.

Her hands intwertwined and her thumbs started twiddling against each other, the way they usually did when she was nervous.

“I had no choice, Hyeon,” she began, “The money they offered me saved my father’s life.”

I looked at her confused, “What do you mean, Yoona?”

She let out another shaking breath, “My father was very sick. Very very sick, Hyeon. But there was surgery that could save him, and the magazine offered the exact amount of money to cover his surgery.”

She looked up at me, “So I did it to save my appa.”

I looked at her wide eyed. I had known that her dad was sick, but didn’t realize to what extent.

“But…” I started, “But didn’t Jimin know that your appa was sick?”

She nodded, “He did know, but he didn’t know how sick he really was,” she laughed, “I didn’t want him to worry, you know? I’m sure you know.”

I didn’t look up to meet her gaze, but I nodded.

“Is that all?” I asked looking up at her, “Is that all you told him?”

Yoona looked at me, but then quickly looked away.

“I’m sorry, Hyeon.”

I felt my heart pounding as if I knew where this was going but I didn’t want to believe it.

“Why are you sorry?” I said through my teeth.

“That’s not all that I told Jimin.”

I looked at her with a hard stare as I watched the words roll off her tounge.

“I told him I still loved him.”

The emotions that had swelled up inside of me, all stored up from the entire right, had exploded right there. I had never felt my heart break before but if this was the feeling, it hurt like hell. It felt like someone had just stabbed my chest. It felt like a slow, painful death, but the difference was that I wasn’t dying.

And without thinking, I felt my hand come in contact with Yoona’s cheek, just as Sohyun’s came in contact with mine in the past.

I got up and threw the door open.

“Get out.” 

I felt a bright light hit my face. I squinted and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, turning my head to glance at the time.

9:26 AM

Glancing at my phone, I saw a new message from Chimchim <3

My heart started pounding again, as the events from the previous night filled my head. The pain had rece again, except this time instead of anger, I felt a tear escape my eye.

I glanced back down at my phone and opened the message.

Chimchim <3 : We had to move our concert rehersal to today so I won’t be able to go out. I’m sorry, I’ll update you again tonight.

I collapsed back onto my bed and buried myself under the covers. Even though Jimin had a very reasonable excuse to not hang out with me today, my heart was still in pain.

Why was he avoiding me?

If Yoona just confessed to him, he could have told her that he’s with me now and that he’s in love with me.

But…

There was always a ‘but’.

What if he didn’t love me as much as he had loved her?

What if there were still lingering feelings?

What if—

I felt my phone buzz.

“Hello?” I answered it without checking the caller ID.

“Morning!” I heard Jungkook on the other end, “Did I wake you up?”

I shook my head, but then realized that he couldn’t see me, and giggled.

“No, I woke up a few minutes before you called,” I rolled over on my other side so that I was facing away from the window, “Anyways, what’s up?”

I heard him suffling around and assumed that he was getting ready, “Hyung probably told you that we have to rehearse today, so I was inviting you to come and watch since you guys can’t go out today.”

I felt myself smiling at the sweet gesture of Jungkook thinking to invite me to their rehersal, but my heart dropped a little at the fact that Jimin didn’t invite me himself.

“Are you sure that would be okay?” I mumbled.

I heard Jungkook sigh from the other end, “Hyung isn’t himself still this morning, so I thought maybe if he saw you, he’d feel better, or if anything, you two would be able to talk.”

I let out an awkward laugh, “Jungkook, did Jimin tell you what Yoona talked to him about yesterday?”

“No, but I didn’t want to pester him. I assumed he would tell us when he was ready.”

“She was at my dorms last night, Kook,” I explained to him, “She told me what she said.”

I started to feel my voice shaking.

I heard Jungkook stop moving, as he lowered his voice, “What did she say?”

My heart was pounding again and my chest felt like it was going to explode once more.

“She told him that she—“

“JEON JUNGKOOK!” a voice yelled in the background.

“Coming manager-hyung!” Jungkook yelled back, “I’m sorry, Hyeon. I have to go. Come by the arena and we can talk there. I’m expecting to see you, arrasso?”

“Arraso,” I replied, “I’ll be there with lunch.”

I could hear Jungkook smiling through the phone, “Now that’s what I like to hear.” 

After hanging up, I decided to take a long hot shower to clear my mind from things. I planned that I would go to their rehersal as if I didn’t know what Yoona and Jimin had talked about and I decided to just focus on Jimin. Even if he was still mad or upset at me, I made it my daily goal to make him happy. 

“Name?” the securit

Please log in to read the full chapter