A Cup of Hot Coffee

Something Kinda Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

41 subscribers!!!! :')) THANKYOU

DOUBLE UPDATE FOR TODAY,

 

xoxo

knwditha

 

VII

It was April already, and those times Sunggyu didn’t even contact Irene and she didn’t see him anymore at SM Building. Irene felt weird. She was kind of missing his accompany but she was too afraid to text him first. On the other hand, Irene often meet Taehyung at music shows and their relationship became much better than before.

Red Velvet arrived at SB building for recording SBS Inkigayo. At the corridor to their waiting room, they met Jimin and Taehyung of Bangtan. Joy and Wendy came to them and greeted them while Yeri, Seulgi, and Irene walked behind them slowly.

“How’s life?” Wendy walked beside Taehyung.

Taehyung smiled, “Never been this happy before.” He grinned.

“Look at that smile! Something good must happen, right?”

 “All is good, thanks to you, noona. She’s becoming more comfortable, I guess?” Taehyung whispered.

He glanced at Irene who was busy with her phone. “She plays with her phone often? I don’t even text her now. Who is she texting with?” Taehyung asked.

Wendy didn’t say a word. She didn’t want to answer his question.

“Noona…don’t tell me she has a boyfriend,”

“I – I don’t think she has…uhm, a boyfriend.”

Taehyung grinned, “Right? Because I am her boyfriend,” he giggled.

Wendy smacked Taehyung’s arm playfully, “Gotta go. See you later,”

Wendy joined with the other members. Taehyung bowed at Irene before they left. “Fighting, noona.” He said to Irene. Irene smiled weakly. “You too,” she said shyly.

**

On the afternoon after the recording, Jinwook drove Irene to SM Building. Apparently there’s something the management wanted to talk with Irene. They arrived at the building at 6. They went straight to producer’s room. There were three people there, Irene knew one of them. She was Kim Minji, one of SM’s creative producers. Minji was a mother of two. She looked so much younger than her age because she’s always smiling and she’s an easy going person.  

“Good afternoon,” Irene greeted them politely.

“Have a seat,” Minji said.

Irene sat between Minji and Jinwook. She looked so nervous. She looked at the strangers and felt so intimidated.

“So, Irene ssi...they are the PDs from Music Bank. As we all know, Bora from Sistar and also Park Soejoon will leave Music Bank this end of April. They want someone from SM to replace Bora and I have you in my mind. You’ll be the new MC for Music Bank start from early May. Sounds great, right?” Minji explained.

“This is the contract, and you’ll be paired with Park Bogum, a rising new actor.” One of the PDs said, handed the contract to Irene.

Irene accepted the contract and studied it. That was too sudden. Irene was flabbergasted. No. she couldn’t even say a word to strangers but now she’d be a MC. She didn’t want to do that but part of her really wanted to take the offer as a new challenge. But…she would be doomed if she couldn’t remember the scripts.

“So Irene ssi…will you take the offer or not?” Minji asked. “I can see you have the potential. Moreover, it’s a great chance for you to build your popularity,”

“But…isn’t it too sudden,” Irene asked.

Minji chuckled, “No. In fact, it’s a great time. I know you can do it, Irene ssi. I want you, we want you. It will be good for Red Velvet too,” Minji tried to convince Irene.

Irene looked down. There were so many things inside her mind. She didn’t have the confidence.

“So….?” Minji hummed.

“I – I will take the challenge.” Irene said with a very low voice but still could be heard by Minji.

Minji clapped, “Nice! So, tomorrow you need to practice with Park Bogum. Come at the practice room at 9:00 AM, okay? Before you leave, please sign the contract,” she smiled.

Irene signed the contract carefully, hoping that she made the right decision.

At 8:00 PM, Irene and Jinwook left the room. They walked side by side to the parking lot. Irene didn’t say anything. She was still deep in thought.

“Joohyun ah, you can stop thinking about that. You did the right thing,” Jinwook said, breaking the silence.

“Oppa…I don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter