Dirty Floors and Mops

Made With Wendy's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene mopped the floor like her life depended on it. She even got the spots under the tables. In no time, the sealed hardwood floor was spotless. No more coffee spills were seen and there were no signs of Yeri’s blood either.

“Wow what a skilled janitress,” Yeri whispered to Seulgi.

“So she's gonna take my place as poster girl and janitor?” asked Seulgi.

“It’s janitress. And you can still help her. Me and Drowzee already picked up the cups,” Joy replied.

“Before you two start ing at each other again, let's go give her a proper introduction,” Seulgi stated and walked over to a hardworking Irene, who stopped what she was doing when she saw Seulgi.

“Hi! Even though you probably already know who we are, let us kindly introduce ourselves. I'm Kang Seulgi. I'm 22. Welcome to the bakery cafe.”

Yeri and Joy stood on either side of Seulgi.

“My name is Kim Yerim! Just call me Yeri. I'm 20! Welcome to the club, unnie!”

“I’m Park Sooyoung. You can call me Joy. I'm 20. Also, if you want to live, stay away from Yeri when she's making anything. Even if she is making cereal. Stay away at all costs.”

Irene snickered. ‘Why do these two hate each other so much?’

“Well my name is Bae Joohyun. Just call me Irene. I'm 24,” Irene said with a smile.

“Oh! You're our unnie!” Joy said, pretending as if she didn't already know.

The bell from the door rang. All four girls snapped their heads towards the ring, revealing a Wendy who was clad in their work uniform. “Good mornin!” She greeted.

Joy ran up to Wendy and pushed her to walk towards Irene. “This is Son Seungwan! Our dear Wendy who originated from Canada and our head chef! This unnie here is 22,” Joy said as she watched a smile light up Irene's face.

‘It's not like I was waiting for you or anything. lol.’

“Ooh! Since we have a new member, let's do our tradition!” Yeri said. “Take a seat everyone! I'll be right back.”

       Yeri returned with a thick blue picture album--titled “The Adventures of JoWenSeulRi”. She took a seat beside Irene at the table everyone sat at and flipped to the first page. Seulgi and Joy leaned over the table to get a better view. Yeri flipped to the first page and right when the first picture was shown,a wave of loud laughter followed.

In the picture was a brunette Wendy, who was completely covered in flour. Her nose was red and tears came out of her eyes. Her eyebrows were furrowed and behind her was a complete chaos. Joy had a whisk, ready to be thrown at Yeri, who seemed to be holding an empty flour bag. There was flour everywhere.

“I remember this! This was when we were still training! Our dear Wannie definitely put her effort and tears into making this bakery cafe,” Seulgi said, her smile reaching her eyes.

Yeri flipped to another page. This time, it was a picture of a red haired Wendy holding up a red velvet cupcake on top of her head and grinning. “This was the very first red velvet cupcake she made!” Joy said as she put a finger over the cupcake.

“We weren't really paying attention because Wendy didn't have eyebrows at the time,” Yeri said, causing the other girls to burst into hysterical laughter.

“Hey! I did too have eyebrows! I just forgot to dye my eyebrows that night!”

“She looked like a red egg!”

“Omg true! True!”

“Oh my God guys!”

“RED EGG!”

“FAST FOOD RESTAURANT!”


Irene listened to the girls’ laughter
as Yeri flipped through pages and looked at them with a warm smile.


This place isn't always so psychotic as it seems.

 

       Irene learned a lot about the four girls that day. Especially about Wendy. Apparently, everyo

Please log in to read the full chapter