Thank You, Mother, Father

Made With Wendy's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Wendy almost had a panic attack as she sat down beside Irene on the plane. She fiddled with her fingers and stared off into space. Irene saw this and put a hand over Wendy’s hands, immediately calming the younger girl down.

 

“We’ll get through this, Wan-ah,” Irene said with a smile and gave Wendy’s hands a gentle squeeze. Wendy smiled back and gave Irene a peck on the cheek.

 

“Prepare to meet my family for the first time, Bae Joohyun.”



-

 

 Seulgi crossed her arms against her chest as she stood in front of the 3 other girls. She walked back and forth, thinking about something, until she stopped to look at them.

 

“Wendy and Irene are gonna be gone for 6 months, which means...I am left alone with three delinquents,” Seulgi said. Joy and Yeri started clapping slowly out of sync.

 

“Whaaa, Kang Seulgi said a sentence without swearing,” Joy said.

 

“Shut it, chopsticks!” Seulgi commanded, making Yeri and Joy stop clapping. Wheein could already foresee what was going to happen to the bakery with Seulgi in charge.


 

‘Pringles. Flour. Cake mix. Yeri’s blood. Dead bodies. Oh God. No. Please. God.’

 

“I’m quitting,” Wheein said and rose her hand. She walked past Seulgi, but Seulgi tugged on the back of her shirt and pulled her back.

 

“Jung Wheein.”

 

Wheein turned around to face Seulgi, who was leaning in closer until their noses touched.

 

“You ain’t going anywhere, hun. You’re our barista, forever,” Seulgi said and pulled Wheein back into her place. Wheein mentally prayed that she wouldn’t die.

 

 

Seulgi grinned and clasped her hands together.


 

“Let’s not up, guys.”



=

 

    Wendy woke up to the pilot’s voice. She felt a weight on her shoulder and turned her head to look at the cute sight of her lover sleeping.

 

‘God she’s so cute.’


 

“Hey, Baechu, It’s time,” Wendy said and gently shook Irene awake. The girl stirred awake and yawned.

 

“We’re here?”

 

Wendy smiled.

 

“Yeah, we’re here. Let’s go.”



-

 

    Wendy stood there, looking for a certain car. Irene was just fascinated by everything. She was looking at the people and the sun that was soon to set.

 

‘Ahh. The Canadian air. The place where Wendy was born...and then later got kicked out of.’

 

Wendy was still looking for a sign.

 

“Are you sure someone’s here to pick us up? They should recognize your face, right?” Irene asked, also looking around.

 

“Yeah, I lost a lot of weight, so I don’t know if anyone here recognizes me anymore,” Wendy replied, until her eyes landed on a certain sign that had an English name written on it in big black bold letters.

 

‘Son Seungwan.’

 

Wendy looked at the person holding the sign and a huge grin crept up her face. She ran over to the person at the speed of light, screaming:

 

“SEUNGHEEE!!!”


 

Irene watched as Wendy tackled a girl to the ground, laughing.

 

‘Who is that girl?! What?!’

 

Irene pulled her and Wendy’s luggage and walked up to the two girls laughing. Wendy got up and helped the other girl up.

 

“Wen-Wen? Who’s this?” Irene asked as she looped her arm around Wendy’s.

 

“Irene, this is Seunghee, my older sister,” Wendy said and tried to hold in her excitement. There were obvious tears in her eyes. Her sister was the only person she was glad to see after 6 years. Irene stared at Seunghee, who was staring at Wendy’s different appearance.

 

‘Seungwan’s older sister..how pretty.’

 

“Unnie, this is Irene, my girlfriend,” Wendy said with a smile.

 

Seunghee’s eyes widened and looked straight at Irene.

 

“You?! Seungwan?! Girlfriend?!”

 

Irene nodded in amusement as she watched Seunghee’s shocked expression.

 

“Oh my God! But you’re so pretty!” Seunghee praised as she looked Irene up and down. Wendy rolled her eyes and reached down to interlock her fingers with Irene.

 

“Thank you for pointing out the obvious, unnie. Let’s...go,” Wendy said, mentally breaking down at the thought of her parents, Seunghee popped open the trunk and assisted Wendy in putting in the luggage.

 

“Irene-ssi, your luggage sure is heavy,” Seunghee said with a grunt as she put Irene’s suitcase in the trunk. Irene laughed nervously in response.

 

“It is, huh?”



-


 

    The car ride consisted of nothing, but the two siblings catching up on things. Irene smiled at the sight of Wendy smiling.

 

‘At least her sister’s not a total dickbag.’

 

“Wait so you opened up a bakery and you’re saying that’s how you met Irene?” Seunghee said in English. Irene was completely lost as the two engaged in an English conversation.

 

‘Uh...I heard my name. Did she say Yeri? Did she--I’m more lost than the first time I entered the damn bakery.’

 

Overall, Irene was just glad Seunghee had such a warm aura around her(much like Wendy.)



-

 

    Wendy clutched her suitcase handle tightly as she stared at the familiar building. Irene, however, stared with her eyes wide open and lips slightly apart in amazement.

 

“Wan-ah, this is where they live?! This is huge!”

 

Wendy clutched Irene’s hand tighter and took in a deep breath before exhaling.


 

“Let’s go, Seungwan,” Seunghee said, slightly nervous as she led the two girls to the door.


-
 

    The big door slowly opened, revealing a very clean(

Please log in to read the full chapter