6 Years

Made With Wendy's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

After 6 years--Wendy had heard the voice that haunted her thoughts--the voice that had spoken such hurtful words to her. Irene stared in worry as Wendy’s tears started falling. Only then did Irene remember how sensitive Wendy was.



 

“Seungwan-ah, how’ve you been?”


 

“H-how did you get my number?,” Wendy asked, trying her hardest not to make her voice quiver. Irene quietly moved closer to Wendy and patted her on the back, hoping to comfort the girl. Wendy heard chuckling on the other line. Chuckling.


 

“Nevermind that, Seungwan. I just want to hear how my dear daughter is doing.”

 

Irene could feel 6 years of anger surging through Wendy.


 

“Don’t you ing dare. You disown me and then decide to call 6 years later?!” Wendy’s voice rose in volume, alarming Irene, who was getting more and more worried.


 

“My, you’ve learned quite the language, haven’t you? Why don’t you come visit for a while, Seungwan-ah? We’ve missed you so much.”

 

Wendy wanted to tell her. She wanted to tell her ‘mom’ so bad that she was still the same after 6 years, but no. Wendy knew her mother’s intentions. Wendy wasn’t about to crack the news just yet. Irene had never seen Wendy as angry as she was now.

 

‘Ahjumma needs to stick her head back in her .’

 

“Son Seungwan, come visit for a few months. This is not a request, this is an order.”


 

Wendy froze again and suddenly felt a burst of emotions. Her dad’s voice she grew up 16 years of hearing. Irene grimaced.

 

‘Wow. Ordering her to visit you. That’d make her want to listen for sure.’

 

It was obvious to Irene that Wendy wasn’t going to agree,s o that’s why she got a shock when Wendy decided to ask,

 

“How many months?”

 

Irene looked at Wendy quizzically.

 

“Wendy, are you serious?!” Irene whispered.

 

“6 months.”

 

Wendy hung up and put her phone down as she stared at the floor expressionlessly.

 

“Wendy? Are you really going back?” Irene asked. She couldn’t imagine living 6 months without her girlfriend--it seemed like such a long time.

 

Wendy looked at Irene’s face with a soft smile.

 

“Yeah. I have a lot of things I need to tell them that I can’t tell on the phone. You’re okay with that, right?”

 

Irene reached for Wendy’s eyes and wiped the tears away. She then caressed Wendy’s cheeks so that there weren’t any traces of tears left.

 

“But--they’ve caused you so much pain. Plus, how am I supposed to live 6 months without you?” she asked.

 

“Babe, trust me. I know what I’m doing. Plus, they can’t control me anymore. I’m an adult now. And, who says you’re staying?” Wendy said with that stupid lopsided smile that always managed to make Irene weak.

 

“Wait, I’m going too?!” Irene said, unable to hide her surprise. She got up on her knees and looked at the other girl straight in the eyes. Wendy wrapped her arms around Irene’s waist and pushed her down on the bed.

 

“Mm...yes,” Wendy sa

Please log in to read the full chapter