A Song for You

Made With Wendy's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Warning: Fluff nonsense and swearing up ahead.

 

 

 


 

Wendy bent her back as she gently held the flower. Doing this was harder than she thought, especially when you’re trying to be careful.

 

After straightening up her posture, a smile crept up her face as she continued doing her craft.



 

‘Anything for Irene.’




-


 

Wendy grabbed the steering wheel and looked at a now light brown haired Irene.


 

“Where do you wanna go?”

 

“Mcdonald’s.”

 

Wendy gave the other girl a look.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Wendy wanted to do something nice for Irene, like take her to a fancy restaurant, the CN tower, or something that was expensive and something Irene deserved.

 

“Of all the places in Toronto, you choose Mcdonald’s?” Wendy questioned. Irene nodded and smiled.


 

“Also, Starbucks. I like simplicity.”


 

Wendy slowly shook her head and grinned. Simplicity. Of course. She knew Irene loved simplicity, but a not so simple girl who likes simplicity? Ironic.

 

“You deserve all the stars in the universe and you ask for Mcdonald’s?”

 

Irene smiled and leaned back in her chair.

 

“I mean, I have you. What else could I ask for?”

 

“Oh my God Irene quit being greasy.”

 

“Hah! Look who’s talking! C’mon, let’s go!”

 

Wendy looked forward and smiled.

 

“Whatever you say, princess.”

 

-

 

    Wendy was amazed. Irene had ordered 5 big macs, 3 large fries, and two frappe mochas(one for Wendy.)

 

This earned looks from other people. How could a girl with such a perfect figure eat so much? They would never know. Wendy found it cute though.

 

“My, quite the hungry one aren’t we?” Wendy teased and stared as the other girl chewed on the burger.

 

“Hey, don’t make fun of me. You left for 2 months; all I had was cabbage and Ms. Kim’s tears,” Irene said in between bites.

 

Wendy was seriously starting to wonder what Irene did to poor old Ms. Kim during the two months. She would have to ask Ms. Kim later.

 

“You’re cute when you’re eating.”

 

Irene looked at Wendy with her cheeks puffed up due to the amount of food in . She quickly chewed and swallowed.

 

“So you're saying I'm not cute all the time?”

 

Wendy rolled her eyes.

 

“You're cute all the time, just extra cute when you have your mouth full of food.”

 

Wendy rested her elbow on the table and propped her fist on her chin with a soft smile. She looked at the other girl eating and no doubt, this was the girl she fell in love with.

 

“You know of any other times I’m extra cute?” Irene asked after finishing her 3rd burger.

 

“Mm...when you’re eating me?” Wendy replied playfully and grinned, earning a gasp from the other side of the table.

 

Irene leaned forward and gave Wendy a hard slap on the shoulder.

 

“Ow!” Wendy winced and rubbed her shoulder. Irene sat back down with eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Don’t be so inappropriate in public, idiot!”

 

A laugh escaped Wendy’s lips as she took a fry.


 

‘How adorable.’



-
 

    

    Wendy had not planned this. She was once again dragged by Irene throughout the mall; up and down the escalators, store to store, shop to shop.

 

Wendy cherished every moment, though; Irene’s grins and laughs, her curiosity, her excited skipping.

 

Wendy, however, did not cherish the amount of shopping bags she had to carry when they left.

 

 -

   


“Do you wanna go to a garden? I know a place. My mom took me there when I was little...when she had time, of course,” Wendy suggested and the car engine by putting the key into the ignition.

 

“That was the first time she saw me play the guitar.”


 

“Lemme guess, your mother owns that garden?” Irene asked, to which Wendy nodded.

 

“You guessed it.”

 

Irene bent her knees and rested her sneaker clad feet on the dashboard.

 

“Are you sure you want to go there? You’ll blend right in with the flowers anyway,” she said and playfully grinned.

 

Wendy grinned and looked forward. It was these little things Irene did that reminded her that she was head over heels for Irene.


 

“Hey, usually it’s me that’s greasy, not you.”

 

“It’s usually you that’s dominant, not me.”

 

Wendy slapped Irene on the shoulder.

 

“Yah, I thought we agreed to not be inappropriate.”

 

“Hey, I’m 25 and you’re 23. We’re adults. Plus, we’re not out in public right now,” Irene said.

 

Wendy rolled her eyes and focused on driving.


 

“To the garden it is then.”


-

 

    Irene was amazed at how beautiful the garden was. Its neatly cut bushes lined up on either side to form a pathway that curved to introduce the variety of flowers, flower beds, trees, plants;  the garden was stunning.

 

The garden seemed lively as its healthy grass covered the ground, decorated by flowers of beautiful and pleasing colors.

Irene felt like she had just stepped into a fairytale.


 

“Waaaa!” she sighed in awe and let her eyes wander the massive garden. As the duo continued to walk hand in hand, the gate behind them shut, leaving the two of them alone.

 

“What’s that box you're holding for anyway?” Irene asked.

 

Wendy clutched the wooden box closer and smiled.

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

Irene stepped off the cement trail and dragged Wendy onto the grass.

 

“Is that bush shaped like a duck or a bird?” Irene asked and pointed at a bush that was cut in the obvious shape of a duck.

 

“Baby, that is a damn duck. It’s soo obvious,” Wendy retorted and proceeded to laugh, until she felt Irene’s fingers slowly loosening up against hers. Irene ran ahead of Wendy and turned.

 

“I knew that! I was just asking if you knew, idiot!” the older girl yelled and stuck out her tongue, like a child.

 

Then Irene quickly wandered off, with Wendy trailing behind. Wendy watched as the other girl crouched down to snap and pick up a white flower.

 

 

Irene brought the flower up to her nose and took in the sweet aroma of the flower, smiling contently.

 

Wendy took her phone out of her jeans pocket and navigated to the camera. Then aiming the camera in a certain angle, Wendy took a picture of a smiling Irene dressed in a light blue buttoned shirt tucked loosely into her jeans in the front.

 

Irene barely ever wore skirts. She said it was because of the unexpected wind. Wendy did not mind one bit though. Irene could be wearing the most hideous outfit ever and she’d still manage to look beautiful in Wendy’s eyes.

 

Irene then looked at the other girl and gestured for her to come over.

 

“Don’t just stand there! Come!”

 

Irene then turned around to pick one more flower. She felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist and couldn't help but smile.

 

“Are you standing on your tippy toes right now?” asked Irene.

 

Wendy pouted.

 

“Hey, don't ruin the moment.”

 

Irene giggled and turned around, forcing Wendy to remove her arms only to have them magnetically wrapped around her waist again.

 

Irene tucked some hair behind Wendy’s ear and brought up the flower to neatly tuck it behind the latter’s right ear.

 

The girl looked stunning with the flower, like the flower was always meant to belong with her. Of course, Wendy was more beautiful than the flower itself. It wasn't surprising, given Wendy’s beauty.

 

“Daisy? This was my favorite when I was a kid. Simple, but pretty,” Wendy said and let go of Irene.

 

“Oh really? What's your favorite now?” Irene asked, fingers magnetically interlocking with Wendy’s.

 

The duo continued to walk, arms swinging back and forth happily.

 

“Mm...my favorite now…,” Wendy gave Irene a peck on the lips before finishing her sentence.

 

“Is you.”

 

Irene giggled and felt the heat rush to her face. She would never get tired of all the cheese.

 

“You’re so cheesy, I love you.”

 

Wendy smiled and looked forward.

 

“I love you too.”


 

After minutes of walking and admiring the flowers(or rather, each other) the two stumbled upon a pretty bandstand; clean white and  a blue outlining that complimented the white.

 

“Hey! It’s still there!” Wendy said excitedly and led Irene towards the bandstand.

 

Irene watched as Wendy let go of her and walked up the stairs. The latter seemed unusually happy to be able to stand in the center of the bandstand.

 

“What’s got you so happy?” Irene asked and made her way up the stairs.

 

“I played the guitar for my mom for the first time here. Memories, right?” Wendy responded. She walked over to to a black guitar case that leaned against the railing.

 

“I can’t believe this is still here. She must’ve told everyone not to touch it or else they’ll get sued,” she uttered and popped open the case, revealing a clean acoustic guitar that looked like it hadn’t been touched in years. She brought it out of the case and held it, nostalgia quickly hitting her.

 

“Well that looks like an expensive guitar. Is that the one you played for your mom?” Irene asked.

 

“And sister, but that was another time,” Wendy replied and set the guitar down to lean against the railing. She took the wooden box she was holding earlier and took off the lid, revealing a beautiful flower crown.

 

Irene looked inside and then looked at Wendy.

 

“Did you make this?”

 

The younger girl nodded as a reply and gave Irene the box.

 

“Wendy, this is--,” Irene held the box in front of her as Wendy carefully and delicately took out the flower crown.

 

Wendy placed the crown on the top of Irene’s head and smiled. She wanted to believe that she did a good job at picking out the flowers for the crown, but it couldn't quite match Irene’s beauty.

 

Wendy took the guitar and slid an old wooden chair that sat beside the guitar case towards her. She sat down and made sure the guitar was tuned correctly.

 

“I wrote some songs during the time I was away from you; to prepare for my return.”

 

Irene watched as Wendy strummed a chord experimentally, before making an electrifying eye contact with her. The younger girl started strumming, smiling in the process. Then with a few more strums, she started to sing while Irene silently listened and watched.

 

“I think the universe is on, my side
Heaven and Earth have finally, aligned
Days are good.. and that's the way it should, be.”

 

Irene’s lips slightly parted. Wendy must’ve felt really guilty for leaving, but Irene was just glad to have her again; to be able to see her and touch her again. The sight of Wendy singing accompanied by the expert strumming of the guitar; heartwarming. Her fingers on her left hand switched back and forth on the strings to help the strumming bring out the chords.

 

Heartwarming was an understatement.

 

Wendy gave Irene a smile and continued to strum before singing again.

“You sprinkle stardust on my, pillow case
It's like a moonbeam brushed across, my face
Nights are good.. and that's the way it should, be.”


 

“You make me sing oooh~, la, la, La
You make a girl go oooh~,
I'm in love, love.”

 

Wendy’s smile turned into a toothy grin as soon as she sang the second“love”, dragging it on and looking at Irene lovingly.

“Did you see that shooting, star tonight?
Were you dazzled by the same, constellation?
Did you and Jupiter conspire, to get me?
I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right
'Cause now I'm shining, bright, so bright..
Bright, so~ bright.”

 

Wendy looked so angelic, with the flower still tucked behind her ear, her red hair, her gorgeous smile.



“And I see colors in a di-fferent way
You make what doesn't matter fade, to grey
Life is good, and that's the way it should, be

You make me sing oooh~, la, la, la
You make a girl go oooh
I'm in love, love~”
 

Irene should've been used to Wendy serenading her, but it always made her heart beat irregularly fast and an even warmer feeling spread across her chest as Wendy went into the chorus.


“Did you see that shooting, star tonight?
Were you dazzled by the same, constellation?
Did you and Jupiter conspire, to get me?
I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right
'Cause now I'm shining bright, so bright
And I get lost, in your eyes~.”

 

Wendy’s strumming softened as she sang out the bridge in a softer, quieter voice, her smile remaining.

“Did you see that shooting, star tonight?
Were you dazzled by the same, constellation?
Did you and Jupiter conspire, to get me?
I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right
I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right
I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right~*
'Cause now I'm shining, bright, so bright
Bright, so bright.
Bright, so bright~.”

 

Irene felt an overwhelming feeling building up inside of her. The sky was ablaze with fiery colors of yellows, oranges, and reds, indicating that the sun was setting. That was something anyone would consider beautiful, but the sight of Wendy happily singing, playing the guitar with that loving stare set Irene’s insides on fire; a wild fire.

 

Wendy’s gaze and smile fixated on Irene as she neared the end of the song, her strumming getting softer and softer.


“And I get lost, in your eyes...”


 

Irene stared into Wendy’s eyes, getting lost into the brown depths as Wendy strummed one more chord softly and sang,


 

“Tonight.”


 

The overwhelming feeling Irene’s chest piled up just enough for tears to pool her eyes, but then she noticed that Wendy’s soft eyes were also welling up with tears.

 

“Are you okay?” Wendy set the guitar down to let it lean against the chair and stood up to wipe Irene’s falling tears away with her thumbs.

 

“I should I ask you the same, idiot. You’re such a crybaby,” Irene replied, her voice slightly shaking. She reached out to also wipe Wendy’s tears away.

 

“Look who’s talking. Now, why are you crying?” Wendy asked gently.

 

Irene smiled and planted a kiss on Wendy’s forehead.

 

“You don't have to do so much for me, Wan-ah. You know that right?”

 

“I know I don't have to, but I want to. You're just...you're amazing.”

 

Amazing was still an understatement; Wendy’s vocabulary could never be enough to describe Irene.

 

“If I'm amazing, then...you're everything more than amazing,” Irene responded and gave the other girl a toothy grin, receiving a chuckle.

 

“Greasy.”

 

“I know. You love it though.”

 

“Nah, I love you.”

 

Irene chuckled and tucked some red hair behind Wendy’s other ear.


 

‘This girl, I swear.’


 

“I love you too.”


 

-


 

    Wendy and Irene took their time walking hand in hand in the direction of the gate.

 

“We missed the sunset,” Wendy said.

 

“Hey, you’re more beautiful than any sunset I’ve ever seen.”

 

They reached the gate, which opened accordingly. Wendy and Irene made their way out of the garden and walked towards the car.

 

Silence surrounded them, but it wasn’t uncomfortable. It was that kind of silence that anyone would find themselves savoring, comforting.

 

“I’d never get tired of hearing you sing,” Irene broke the silence as she opened the door and got into the passenger seat, making sure to shut it.

 

Wendy got into the driver’s seat and shut the door with a thud.

 

“I’d never get tired of doing it for you.”



 

And with that, they ended the magical night.

 

Well, almost magical night.


-
 

    After making sure the car was parked right, Wendy and Irene both made their way into the house, chatting and giggling to each other’s dumb statements. That was, until they saw Mr. Son and his wife sitting sternly in their spacious living room couch.

 

“Sit, Seungwan. We need to talk,” Mr. son said in a low voice.

 

Wendy obeyed and Irene followed, anxious about what was going to happen. These meetings always ended up with an infuriated Wendy and Irene didn't want that.

 

As soon as they sat down, Mr. Son cleared his throat.

 

“I’m still uneasy about this whole same thing. Hell, it still disgusts me,” he said informally, breaking away from his ‘professional business man’ persona.

 

Irene could feel Wendy tense up, so she put a comforting hand on the younger girl’s back.

 

“So what are you trying to say?” Wendy asked.

 

Mr. Son heaved a sigh. He thought he came up with a decision but he was still reluctant. Hesitant. Tentative.

 

Here he was, in front of his daughter and her girlfriend, all ready to speak out his final thoughts, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. What was holding him back?

 

Please log in to read the full chapter