Irons and Picture Frames

Made With Wendy's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Irene knew it was illegal, but the law was not going to get in between her and revenge.

 

“Are-are you really doing this?” Ms. Kim asked as she clutched her seatbelt tight. Irene could see the worry in the woman’s eyes.
 

“Yes. We are doing this. After all, you’re the one who took the pictures. It’s only fair you help me, right?” Irene replied.

 

“I am just a housekeeper. I have no power over the orders given to me, Irene-ssi. That Ahreum is a beautiful one, but she’s the spawn of satan when she’s ordering the people lower than her around.. I hope you understand,” Ms. Kim replied.

 

She felt guilty about what she did, of course, but what was she supposed to do? Mr. Son threatened to fire her and Ahreum threatened to take everything from Ms. Kim’s family.

 

Irene could only think of a certain two people back in Korea when the word “satan” was mentioned.


 

“You think I’m that shallow to blame you? It’s okay. You just need to help me in this simple task,” Irene replied and stopped the car in front of a gate.

 

Ms. Kim looked at Irene like Irene was some sort of maniac.

 

“Simple task? You think breaking into Jeon Ahreum’s home is a simple task?” Ms. Kim asked. She was beginning to wonder if Irene was on drugs or not.

 

“It’s a simple task because you’re here, Ms. Kim. Plus, you’re the one who gave me the directions. It’s too late to turn back.”

 

Ms. Kim silently prayed that she would would survive to tell the tale of how a 25 year old ‘persuaded’ her into breaking into a rich model’s home.

 

“You said she recently bought this house?” Irene asked.

 

“Yes. They have yet to install the security,” Ms. Kim replied, even though she knew she would regret it later on.





 

“Okay, ahjumma, prepare the irons.”



-

 

     Ms. Kim no longer had any doubts. Irene was crazy. This girl was definitely crazy.

 

Ms. Kim watched as Irene the iron and proceeded to burn a hole through a red skirt. After successfully burning an iron-shaped hole through the skirt, Irene chuckled darkly.

 

‘One down. Thousands more to go.’

 

“Do you want to help me?” Irene asked. Ms. Kim put her hood up and shook her head.

 

Irene shrugged and dug through the walk in closet to retrieve a pile of clothes.

 

‘You’re gonna have to wear rags for now, .”

 

Ms. Kim watched as Irene grabbed two irons and burned through the pile of expensive clothing, her irons moving at the speed of light. The smell of burnt clothes and the sounds of Irene’s light humming filled the room.

 

Yup. Irene was definitely out of her mind. Ms. Kim clutched the backpack given to her tight and looked around the room. When she saw that there were no security cameras installed yet, she sighed in relief.

 

Irene continued to iron through the clothes like a maniac on the loose. She cackled and coughed here and there due to the smoke.

 

“Take this! And this! AND THIS!”

 

Ms. Kim was beginning to fear Irene more than Ahreum. Irene got the message to not mess with her and Wendy across very well. Mess with her and Wendy; come home to a whole bunch of burned clothes. Ms. Kim shuddered. Ahreum was going to flip her for sure.

 

A good 20 minutes later, Irene halted her movements and set the irons down with shoulders slumped.

 

“Are-are you done?” Ms. Kim asked hesitantly. It was nighttime outside and she was getting extremely scared that Ahreum would bust through the doors.

 

Irene unplugged the irons and turned around with a smile.


 

“Nope,” she replied.



-

 

    Irene dug through each refrigerator like a bear, eating all the food she got her hands on. Ms. Kim stood there, incredulous that a small mouth could eat so much.

 

“What’s your purpose of eating her food?”

 

Irene took her time to chew and swallowed the content that was taking up the space inside .

 

“So she’ll come home to no food. Now come and help me eat all of this,” Irene replied before proceeding to stuff with fruit and cake again. Ms. Kim set down the backpack and sighed.



 

‘Lord have mercy on me.’



-

 

    Ahreum speedwalked and clutched the burnt skirt in anger. She turned the doorknob and swung the door open.


 

‘That is going to get it.’


 

Ahreum made her way into the living room only to see none other than Irene Bae, lying down lazily on the sofa as she took a bite out of a cabbage. Her eyes flickered towards Ahreum.

 

“Ahreum! How you been?!” Irene beamed and grinned, still filled with unswallowed cabbage.

 

Ahreum threw the ruined skirt on the ground and huffed.

 

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!” she screamed with fury in her eyes. Her voice  resonated through the house. Irene could definitely tell the other girl was furious, considering her face was turning crimson red.

 

“Well I don’t know, Ahreum-ssi. You have horrible taste in fashion and you ed with me,” Irene replied calmly and took another bite out of the cabbage. Ms Kim stood at a safe distance and watched the two most psychotic people she’d ever met talk to each other.

 

Ahreum’s facial expressions softened. She made her way closer to Irene, her high heels clacking on the marble floor. Irene stared up at her with a glare.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Ahreum smiled and leaned down close towards Irene’s face. The two looked into each other’s eyes, hoping to intimidate each other. Ahreum smiled and leaned towards Irene’s ear.


 

“You don’t want to do this, do you, Irene? What are you doing this for? Wendy? Give up on her. She’s too naive and childlike for a beautiful girl like you to be doing this for her,” Ahreum whispered in a low, seductive tone.

 

Irene roughly shoved Ahreum away and stared at her. Irene had had enough. She wasn't going to let someone that broke the Canadian stereotype of being kind trash talk Wendy like that.


 

“Eat , .”

 

She threw the cabbage at Ahreum, who quickly dodged it.


 

“Oh, you don’t wanna do this, Irene.”

 

Irene jumped behind the sofa and peered out at the other girl.


 

Irene looked at Ms. Kim and nodded. Ms. Kim threw the backpack to Irene, who successfully caught it.

 

“WATCH ME, JEON AHREUM!”

 

Irene ped the backpack and took out a cabbage before launching it towards Ahreum, who dodged it yet again. Soon enough, there were cabbages being thrown across the living room, with Ahreum dodging it like her life depended on it. Irene climbed over the sofa and ran towards Ahreum before jumping on top of her. Ahreum fell to the ground with Irene on top of her.

 

“OH MY GOD GET OFF!” Ahreum screamed as Irene proceeded to slap the out of her face,

 

Ahreum got a hold of Irene’s wrists and flipped Irene over. Of course, Irene resisted and the two girls rolled on the floor, fighting for dominance and slapping the out of each other. Ahreum tried her hardest to get the girl off of her, but to no avail.

 

‘ I took taekwondo classes and I can’t even fend her off?! What does this girl eat?!’

 

Irene pushed Ahreum off and stood up before jumping behind the sofa again. Ahreum was not going to let her go. She ran towards the sofa, but immediately halted to a stop when Irene stood up from behind the sofa, holding two irons in her hands.

 

A menacing smile crept up Irene’s face as she pressed the irons together.

 

“Fight me, .”


Ahreum hesitated before screaming and charging towards Irene.


 

“MY ING CLOTHES!!”


 

“MY ING RELATIONSHIP!!”


 

And the two girls rolled around on the floor, with Ahreum being slapped in the face with the solid surfaces of two irons and Irene’s hair being pulled not so gently. Irene managed to keep her position on top of Ahreum and went back and forth slapping the makeup off Ahreum’s face in hysterical movements.

 

Ahreum screamed loudly with each slap. Ms. Kim stood there and bit her fist, trying to resist picking up her phone and call the cops.


 

“YOU’RE SO LUCKY THESE ARE UNPLUGGED RIGHT NOW!”

 

Ahreum tightly grabbed Irene’s wrists with her face bright red. The girl was on the verge of tears due to the hard impact of the irons.

 

“You wouldn’t dare plug those in,” Ahreum said with a hint of venom in her voice. Irene quickly got off of her and ran towards the sofa, until Ahreum got up and tackled her to the ground with a loud scream.

 

And the pterodactyl screeches of the battle began. Irene slammed the side of Ahreum’s face against the floor and proceeded to roughly press the iron unplugged iron against the other side of Ahreum’s face.

 

Ms. Kim had had enough. She turned around and got out her phone. She dialed down ‘911’ in fear of having to take responsibility for two young women murdering each other.

 

Before she called the police, she turned and watched as Irene RKO’d the out of Ahreum. Ms. Kim could’ve sworn she heard bones cracking here and there. Poor Ahreum didn't stand a chance against that RKO.

 

The screams coming from the girls were unbearable. Ms. Kim turned back around, but before she could even press on the call button, the back of her head came in contact with something hard, making her collapse and black out.




 

‘Lord have mercy on me.’

 


-
 

    

    Mrs. Son’s eyes traveled from Irene to Ahreum and then to Ms.Kim. The three sat on the sofa with their hands folded in their laps while Mrs. Son stood in front of them.

 

“What is the meaning of all of this? Cabbage? Irons? A burnt skirt?! Explain!” Mrs. Son practically yelled.

Ahreum and Irene pointed at each other.

 

“She started it.”

 

All Mrs. Son wanted to do was retrieve something, but instead of being greeted by the usual silence that surrounded the home, she was greeted by inhuman screeches and loud thuds.

 

The two girls had their hair tousled. Their faces were red and Mrs. Son noticed a faint

Please log in to read the full chapter