Rituals and Exes

Made With Wendy's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

[11:58PM]


 

“So...sleeping over again?” Wendy asked while standing in front of her bedroom door.

 

“What kind of question is that? We ate and we’re already in your room, ,” Irene said and threw a pillow at Wendy, who caught it.

 

“Don’t sass me, Irene,” Wendy stated and went to sit on the bed with Irene.

 

“Whatever, Wendy,” Irene said with a mischievous smile. Wendy looked at the smiling girl, finding it hard to believe this was the same girl who she talked with at the lake.


 

Wendy embedded Irene’s words from earlier into her brain, treasuring it and placing it deep inside her heart. It took a lot for her to not cry in front of Irene. That was a side Wendy did not want anyone seeing. Wendy needed to be strong, bright, and brave so everyone else can be happy. That’s what she decided after she met Seulgi, Yeri, Joy, and now Irene.

 

“During my 5 months at the bakery, I’ve seen Yeri cry from choking on flour, Joy from cans of Pringles being thrown at her, and Seulgi from eating some good food,” Irene said as she sat cross legged in front of Wendy.

 

“And?” Wendy asked.

 

“I’ve never seen you cry.”

 

Wendy grabbed her pillow and shoved it towards Irene’s face.

 

“Because I’m not a crybaby.”

 

Irene put the light blue pillow on her lap and stared at Wendy incredulously.

 

“I’m not stupid, Wendy. Listen, I know you cry from time to time, but you don’t have to hide it, you know? If Yeri and Joy aren’t afraid to argue up a storm in front of the customers, then you shouldn’t be afraid to shed some tears in front of your friends,” Irene said.

 

“Oh my God, Irene. Stop being dramatic and let’s just sleep.”

 

Irene huffed. “Not until you promise to tell when something’s wrong. It's only fair, since I made a promise too,” she insisted and put out her right pinkie finger towards Wendy.

 

Wendy looked at Irene and smiled. She hesitantly entwined her pinkie finger with Irene’s.

 

“I promise.”.


 

    Wendy couldn’t sleep that night. Irene’s words from earlier resonated through her brain non-stop.


 

“Someday, the sun in your world will rise again.”

 

Wendy looked at the sleeping girl’s face and smiled. Even a sleeping Irene was beautiful.

 

‘Bae Joohyun.’


 

Ignoring the warmth spreading in her chest, Wendy scooted closer to Irene under the blanket just so their noses touched.

 

She closed her eyes, her smile still on her face.



 

‘What are you doing to me, Bae Joohyun?’

 


 

    Joy stood on top of a table with a pan and spoon in her hands. She held up the pan and hit it loudly with the spoon 5 times, getting all the workers’ attention.

 

“OKAY EVERYONE! I shouldn’t need this spoon because my radiating beauty should already be enough, but since today is our free day, what do you say we go get a drink tonight?!”

 

Yeri jumped in excitement. “Let’s do it! Let’s do it! Let’s do it!” she chanted.

 

Wendy put a hand on Yeri’s shoulder to make her stop jumping.

 

“Yah, the last time you got drunk, you woke up in a pink tutu, a hockey jersey, a football helmet, and a cat scratch on your leg. That’s not happening again,” Wendy said.

 

“But you had to literally carry Baechu unnie into your home when she got drunk. How come she gets to drink?” Yeri complained.

 

Wendy turned around to Irene, who pretended to sweep the already clean floor with her mop and whistled to herself.

 

“You don't sweep the floor on free days, Irene. And--,” Wendy was interrupted.

 

“NO! You ually harassed me before I was even drunk! THAT’S NOT HAPPENING AGAIN, PARK SOOYOUNG!” Seulgi yelled and pointed an accusing finger at Joy.

 

“Joy you violated Seulgi?!” Irene yelled in disbelief.

 

Joy hopped off the table and faced Seulgi.

 

“I don’t even remember doing that! And...that's no wonder I woke up with a black eye,” Joy said and pondered. Seulgi grabbed the pot from Joy’s hand.

 

“You come near me when you're drunk again, blood will be shed.”

 

“Everyone! We need to tidy up this place first and then you guys can do whatever you want! No blood shed is allowed!” Wendy ordered.


 

    Irene went to put away her mop, but right when she was about to open up the closet, she noticed a sheet of notebook paper on the door. Irene took it off and read the content written.

 

“Pick up Lines for Baechu to Use”

 

Are you

Please log in to read the full chapter