Long Time, No See

Made With Wendy's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wendy and Irene decided to venture out into the streets of Toronto(more specifically, visiting the fast food restaurants.)

 

“Waah! This is so good!”

 

“Wannie, let’s get this!”

 

“Babe, what’s that?”

 

“LET’S GO GET WENDY’S!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!”

 

“Wan-ah, why are they staring at me even when I’m not doing anything? You foreigners are so weird.”

 

Wendy stared in amusement as she watched her fascinated girlfriend, who stopped to look at anything she found unfamiliar. It was always fun to watch when something provoked Irene’s interest,


-
 

The couple later visited an art museum(Irene insisted) and Wendy was not surprised when her girlfriend looked at every single art piece they passed by, staring in awe and explaining the details.

 

Wendy didn’t know what Irene felt when she looked at art. How does an artist view things? What races through an artist’s mind when they look at art? Wendy could not comprehend, but maybe the way Irene made her feel is the same feeling an artist experiences when they’re looking at art.


 

Wendy grinned when Irene let go of her hand and went to look at another painting. Wendy found it cute how excited Irene was looking at all the art.

 

‘How can a literal walking art painted by God be so fascinated by other art that’s inferior?’

 

“Hey, why are you so amazed when you look at art everyday?” Wendy asked as she stood beside Irene.

 

Irene’s eyebrows furrowed up.

 

“What do you mean by that?” she asked. Wendy interlocked her fingers with Irene’s and smiled.

 

“I mean, you look into the mirror everyday, do you not?” Wendy replied with a side smile.

 

Irene’s pale face was taken over by a light shade of red and she gave Wendy a slap on the shoulder with her free hand.

 

“You flirt!”

 

Wendy only laughed in response. It seemed that her flirtatious nature had not disappeared.

 

“Hey, you better not flirt with other people. I’m warning you, Son Seungwan,” Irene said and gave Wendy a stern look.

 

“Hey, no worries! I only have you,” Wendy replied. She mentally shuddered at the thought of Irene burning the shizzles out of her with irons. Besides, she didn't know anyone else on Earth who was more ethereal than Irene. Well, the Irene who had wide open as she stared at another piece of artwork.Wendy lightly chuckled when Irene started rambling on about the art and its history.

 

“You should’ve been an art teacher instead,” Wendy said, making Irene stop talking.

 

“Kids these days don’t take art seriously and I don’t want to put up with their crap,” the blonde replied.

 

“Hey, wouldn’t it be your job to make sure they take it seriously?”

 

“Yah, Son Seungwan, if I was an art teacher I wouldn’t be here with you.”

 

“Haha! Okay, okay you have a point.”


-

 

    “Wannie, where are we going?” Irene asked as Wendy drove. Irene could see the sun starting to set, indicating that it was going to get dark soon.

 

Wendy smiled and looked ahead.

 

“An old place,” she replied nostalgically. She had to admit, as soon as she came back to Canada, she immediately felt nostalgia attack her wherever she went. Of course, it was much more enjoyable with Irene by her side. The playgrounds, the schools, the people, Seunghee; Wendy missed it all.


-
 

    After parking the car, Wendy immediately got out and rushed over to Irene’s side. Before Irene could even reach for the door, Wendy opened it for her.

 

“Thanks,” Irene muttered mindlessly. She had gotten so used to Wendy doing that for her; her automatic reflex was to utter a “thanks” or “thank you.”

 

The couple was now standing in front of a playground, which was familiar to Wendy, but not to Irene. Wendy stared at it and nostalgia hit her. The playground had obviously been repainted and some things were added. At the time being it was empty because elementary schoolers were still in school. Wendy walked over and sat on a swing. Irene followed suit and sat on a swing next to Wendy’s.

 

“Did you come here to reminisce?” Irene asked as she held onto the swing’s chains.

 

“This is where I got my first kiss. Right here. On this playground,” Wendy replied.

 

“And what am I supposed to do with that information?” Irene asked. Wendy got off of the swing and stood in front of the older girl.

 

“To reclaim my first kiss.”

 

With that, Wendy crouched down and leaned towards Irene before pressing her soft and pink lips up against the older girl’s. With eyes closed, Irene tilted her head to the side and received the kiss.

 

They stayed in that position for a few seconds, before Wendy pulled their lips apart and stood back up. Smiling, she offered a hand to Irene, who gladly took it and stood up from the swing.

 

“How old were you when you had your first kiss? 10?” Irene asked jokingly, receiving an eyeroll from Wendy.

 

“I was 15, thank you very much.”

 

“And when did you first start learning an instrument?”

 

“Well let me tell ya. It all started when I was about 3. My parents had--....”

 

Irene wasn’t listening anymore. She looked at Wendy as they walked together around the playground, hands interlocked. Wendy’s kissable lips that curved upwards to form a toothy grin, the glint of excitement in her eyes, the scrunching of her nose whenever she mentioned something she was disgusted by, and her pleasant laugh that accompanied all of this, seemed to filter out everything else that didn't seem to matter.

 

The gods must’ve spent a crazy amount of time and effort into creating Wendy; making sure every crease, every slope, every hair, every movement, every word, everything, was placed and brought out perfectly into its correct spot. What other explanation was there to explain how absolutely perfect Wendy was?

 

A down to Earth girl who might’ve been sent from heaven. Now that's the girl Irene fell in love with.

 

“...And that's how I came to be able to play all 4 instruments!” Wendy excitedly concluded, earning a laugh from Irene.

 

“That’s interesting. Now, do tell me how you're able to sing so well,” Irene stated.

 

With a smile as radiant as the sun, Wendy began to speak again.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter