Drunk Friends and Sparkles

Made With Wendy's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Somi’s left eye twitched once again, but she forced a smile.

 

“She’s in highschool, unnie. Are you sure you want to ‘hook up’ with a highschooler?” she asked.


 

“A high schooler? Dressing like that? Tsk tsk. You ought to stop hanging with these kids or else you’ll get influenced,” Ahreum replied, as if Somi was some 12 year old.

 

Somi wanted to roll her eyes all the way back to her brain. Her sister was dense.

 

“What are you doing back here anyway? Don’t you have work?”

 

“Yeah, yeah. The company called me to model here. So, here I am. I’m glad I came, though. Yerim is a babe,” Ahreum shamelessly answered.

 

Somi’s expression turned dark. She would have to be cautious to not let her sister even get near Yeri.

 

“Yah, she’s a highschooler.”

 

“And I’m 22. She’s what, 17? 18?”

 

“That’s a 5 year difference you ert!”

 

Ahreum rolled her eyes and smirked.

 

“Fine, fine. I’ll be going.”



-

 

    Yeri stared down at the kid from across the room with arms crossed against her chest, eyes sharp. The kid, however, did the same and the two had a stare-off, attempting to intimidate each other.

 

“Okay, kid. What will it take for you to get out of this room?”

 

Yeri could swear she saw a glint in the little girl’s eyes.

 

“Nothing,” the little girl replied firmly.

 

Yeri sighed and reached for a winnie-the-pooh plushie. She pointed it towards the little girl.

 

“You want this?” she asked and threw it at the girl, who only blinked as the plushie came in contact with her face before dropping to the floor beside her.

 

Yeri took out her spare iPhone and pointed it towards her again.

 

“You want this?”

 

Then the iPhone was thrown, hitting the little girl on the forehead before falling to the floor. Soon enough, random things were being thrown at the little girl and landing on the floor, piling up one by one.

 

Yeri sighed and put her hands on her hips. She had met enough biracial kids for the day.

 

“You’re weird,” the little girl stated, the red leather jacket hanging from one side of her head.

 

Yeri snorted and rubbed her nose.

 

“And you’re short.”

 

The little girl took the jacket and threw it to the floor in rage.

 

“I’m 10! What’s your excuse?!”

 

Yeri gritted her teeth and pointed an accusing finger at the little girl.

 

“Listen here, twintails! I suggest you take that back!”

 

“Or else what?!”


-
 

    Somi rushed into her room when she heard what sounded like screeches of a pterodactyl. She thought maybe her little sister was in trouble, but it was just Yeri, being held in a chokehold by a familiar little girl.

 

“Evelyn! What are you doing?!”

 

The little girl stopped grinding her fist against Yeri’s temple and let go when she saw who had called.

 

“Unnie!”

 

She ran and wrapped her short little arms around Somi’s waist. Yeri stood up and ran her hand through her hair. She straightened her shirt and regained her posture.

 

“Evelyn? I know you’re glad to see me and all, but my friend here is very tired. Why don’t you go play with Ahreum, hm?” Somi coaxed.

 

Evelyn let go of Somi and turned around to stick her tongue out at Yeri before running out of the room. Somi shut the door and an amused smile crept up her face.

 

“You were dominated by my 10 year old sister?”

 

Yeri scoffed.

 

“You expect me to fight a 10 year old? Please, Titan, I am a mature adult,” came the reply.

 

It was Somi’s turn to scoff. Yeri? Mature?

 

“She takes taekwondo classes. I wouldn’t mess with her in the near future.”

 

Yeri sat down on the bed, letting her feet dangle.

 

“Do you have a change of clothes? Not very comforting sleeping in jeans and a tight shirt.”

 

Somi paused to think. Did she have clothes that fit someone as small as Yeri? She walked into her walk in closet and looked through the dozens of clothes she had. Minutes later, she came out with an oversized white t-shirt and miniscule black shorts.

 

“Uh...will these do?” Somi asked and threw the pair of clothes at Yeri, who caught it.

 

“Okay so you give me short shorts and a big t-shirt?” Yeri asked.

 

“Yah, watch your language.”

 

Yeri untied her shirt and slid it off to put it on the bed.

 

“What are you, some sort of saint? And I thought you weren’t a kid anymore? You wouldn’t mind if I swear right?” she asked as she pulled up her shirt to remove it.

 

Somi was going to reply with something smart, until she took notice of what Yeri was doing; undressing.

 

She immediately turned around when she caught a glimpse of Yeri’s pink bra.

 

“H-hey! Can’t you warn me first?!” Somi felt heat rush up to her face, making it turn bright red. She thanked the gods Yeri couldn’t see how flustered she was.

 

A giggle came from the bed.

 

“We’re both girls though.”

 

“There’s nothing to see anyway!” Somi defended herself and remained firm.

 

Yeri shrugged the clothes on and set her own clothes aside.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I’m done changing. Don’t get your in a bunch.”

 

Somi realized she made a big fat mistake letting Yeri wear such short shorts and such a big shirt(that stopped mid-thigh.)

 

The girl looked like she had no pants on and it set Somi ablaze.

 

“Well, I’m off to sleep. Night!” Yeri exclaimed and plopped down on the bed, hugging the body pillow right after.

 

“Uh...where am I supposed to sleep?”

 

Yeri groaned at the question.

 

“This bed is a queen size for God’s sake, Somi. Sleep next to me.”

 

“Hey! You called me by my first name!”

 

Yeri grabbed a pillow and threw it at Somi.

 

“Don’t you have school tomorrow? Come to sleep.”

 

Somi reluctantly dragged her feet over to bed and climbed on top. Yeri rolled to the side to let Somi gain more access to the bed.

 

Somi got under the shared blanket and with a clap of her hands, the lights shut off, making the darkness engulf the room.

 

With her back turned towards Yeri, Somi swore she could hear her own heartbeat.

 

‘Yeri--Kim Yerim is sleeping in my bed--next to me. Somi, you have dug your own grave.’

 

Somi almost jerked when she felt a leg make its way over her hip.

 

“Hobbit, what are you--.”

 

“It’s not like I bite, Titan. You usually don’t act like this. Something wrong?” Yeri interrupted with a gentle but teasing tone.

 

After a few more seconds of contemplating, Somi decided to turn towards Yeri and she wished she didn't.

 

‘God why is she looking at me like that it’s driving me crazy.’

 

“No, it’s just--uh..I usually don't sleep at all when a friend sleeps over so…”

 

‘If I even think of you as a friend.’

 

She received a quiet chuckle as a response.

 

“Well, sorry. I'm not like your teenager friends. Plus I have work tomorrow and 3 hungover hoes to deal with.”

 

Somi swallowed as she tried her hardest not to make eye contact with Yeri in the darkness.

 

‘Yeah, not like my teenager friends. None of them make me feel this way.’

 

“Whatever, Hobbit. Goodnight.”

 

“Remember when I first saw you and was literally all up on how pretty you were?” Yeri asked.

 

Somi felt the corners of her lips tug into a smile at the memory.

 

“Yeah? What about it?”

 

Yeri pulled the blanket up higher so it would cover just half her face. She then looked Somi straight in the eyes and smiled.


 

“I haven't changed my mind.”


 

Somi quickly turned away from Yeri before anything inside her exploded.


 

Somi would not be able to sleep that night.


-
 

    Yeri woke up to an empty spot beside her and yawned.

 

‘She must’ve gone to school.’

 

Her mood changed when she realized what she confessed to Somi last night. Yeri smacked her forehead and winced.

 


“Stupid, stupid, stupid!”

 

The door suddenly swung open and in came Evelyn; this time, her hair done in pigtails.

 

“Your friends are nasty,” she said sternly.

 

Oh right. Seulgi, Joy, and Wheein. Yeri swiftly jumped out of bed and ran out of the room. She ran down the long hallway, but stopped when she heard gagging coming from one of the bathrooms.

 

“Park young, this isn’t your home! What the hell are you doing undressing?!”

 

“I am dirty and filthy! Plus they have like 90 bathrooms they can sacrifice this one!”

 

“MY EYES, MY EYYEES!!”

 

“Shut the up Wheein!”

 

Yeri heard glass break followed by a thud.

 

“IT’S TOO EARLY FOR THIS !!”

 

Yeri knocked on the door as hard as she could, silencing the girls inside.

 

“Who is it?” came Wheein’s voice.

 

Yeri groaned and rattled the door knob.

 

“It’s me. Open up.”

 

After a click, the door opened, revealing Seulgi, who looked like she was attacked by a pitbull(or Joy) and Wheein, who had her face buried in the toilet bowl just in case she puked again. The horrible stench of vomit hit Yeri as she grimaced.

 

“God, you animals! Shower first and we’re leaving!”

 

Wheein flushed the toilet and wiped with her sleeve.

 

“But our clothes are dirty. Our uniforms are at the shop too.”

 

Yeri sighed when she thought of the only solution to the problem.

 

“Shower first. I’ll be right back.”


-
 

    Yeri came back with an arm full of Somi’s clothes. The girls would have to wear them--even if the clothes didn’t fit them.

 

“I’m only 5’2! These are long!” Wheein complained and held out the long pair of joggers.

 

“Well, endure whatever camel toe you’d have and pull them all the way up so they won't be long!” yelled Seulgi as she got into the shower that Joy just walked out of--with a towel wrapped around her body of course.

 

“That’s the second sentence Monolids went without saying a swear word! A record!” Joy yelled as she held out her right hand, which somehow had two black tally marks on it.

 

Yeri walked out of the bathroom and shut the door before she could hear anymore nonsense. The bakery would have to be opened late. She shuddered at the thought of what Wendy would do if she saw the current state the bakery would be in by the time the 6 months ended.

 

A small voice interrupted Yeri’s thoughts.

 

“Are you close with Somi unnie?”

 

Yeri turned her head towards the source of the voice only to be met by Evelyn again.

 

“Uh...yeah I guess you could say that.”

 

Evelyn crossed her arms against her chest and stood firm.

 

“She talks about you a lot. About how you look more like a child than a big person. She also says mean things about you, but I can see sparkles in her eyes when she talks about you. I like sparkles.”

 

Yeri’s stomach did a little flip and she could not explain why. She unknowingly smiled and looked at the girl.

 

“You’re just imagining things, kid. Shouldn't you be at school?”

 

Evelyn uncrossed her arms and pretended to dust off her uniform.

 

“I’m off. Goodbye, unnie’s friend.”

 

And off the little girl went. Yeri was about to walk towards Somi’s room again, until a voice called out again.

 

“Hey, unnie’s friend!”

 

Yeri turned back around.

 

“What?”

 

Evelyn smiled a smile that resembled a certain teenager Yeri knew.

 

“I love sparkles. Whatever you’re doing to make her eyes sparkle, please keep on doing it!”

 

Then she disappeared when she turned a corner, leaving Yeri flustered.

 

“...What?”



-

 

Yeri braced herself and walked into the bakery only to be greeted with loud singing and Joy standing on top of a table with a mic held up by , the other two girls in front dancing and singing along.

 

AoA’s Jimin’s voice blared through the other set of speakers as Joy started her cancer inducing rapping.


 

“HEY NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO!”

 

The other two girls shouted,

 

“NO MATTER WHERE YOU LOOK!”

 

“THE PRETTY GIRLS ARE!”



 

“A!”

 

“O!”

 

“A!”


 

Please log in to read the full chapter