Of Kitchens and Flour

Made With Wendy's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4:


Ahh the night sky. Where the stars help illuminate the moon as they decorate the sky. Peaceful. Quiet.

 

 

Except for the sounds of a certain girl grunting and groaning.

"OHHH MYYY GOD!" Wendy screamed as she carried Irene, bridal style to her couch.

Wendy placed her down on her couch and stood back up. Irene, the cause of Wendy's back pain was sleeping softly and quietly. Wendy could swear she felt her lifespan decrease a few years as she bent her back and felt something crack. 
Then all of a sudden, she heard a knock on the door. Wendy walked over to the door and turned the doorknob before pulling the door open, revealing none other than Kim Yerim.

"Hello Wannie! I feel really lonely, so I thought of coming over here!" the young girl said as she walked past Wendy and into her home

"Wait! Ye-." Wendy was too late.

"Why do you have a sleeping woman on your couch?! Wait-- is that--Irene unnie?!" Yeri shrieked dramatically.

Wendy walked over and sighed. "Yup. That is Miss Irene," she replied. Yeri took a step back with a dramatic gasp.

"Did you drug her?! Oh my god! Wendy! That's not how you pick up chicks! I'm calling the police," she said as she took her phone out of her pocket.

"Don't worry Unnie, I'll tell Sooyoung and Seulgi-unnie that I'll be in charge."

Wendy quickly snatched Yeri's phone out of her hand. "I did not drug her! And I'd rather burn the bakery down than to have you run it!" she yelled at Yeri, who looked at the sleeping Irene.

"Just go to Seulgi's."  

Yeri obeyed and quietly walked out the door with her head hung low in disappointment.

 

    Irene woke up to a sound of a door shutting. Her eyelids fluttered open and she immediately flinched at the sudden light intruding her eyesight. As soon as her eyes adjusted to the light, she looked around. 'Where am I?' Irene looked at the numerous posters of Olaf and Jessie J decorating the walls. "Where the am I?" Irene tried to get up, but she felt as if something had pierced through her head. Groaning, she rubbed her temples, hoping to ease the pain. "Whoa, lay back down." a voice said. Irene, with her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes squinting looked at the source of the voice.

"W-Wendy?"

    Sure enough, Wendy had to wait for the sounds of retching and gagging to cease. Irene got her face out of the toilet and flushed it. She wiped with her sleeve and turned to look at the girl standing by the door. Oh God. Not in front of Wendy. Oh my God.

"Goodness child, you cool?" Wendy asked. Irene stood up at the speed of light and looked Wendy in the eyes.

"U-uh y-yes. If I may ask, how did I end up h-here?" she asked, receiving a laugh from Wendy.

"You were really drunk, walking past our shop and whatnot. That wasn't very safe, Irene-ssi," she replied, memories from last night flooding back in. Irene panicked and dropped open slightly. 'I was drunk?! In front of Wendy?! I need to start a new life. Move to China maybe. Change my name to Ling Ling. Wait what about Canada? Canada sounds nice. U.S is a no no. Not with that Ronald Dump leading in the votes. Is his name Ronald Dump? Or was it Ronald Hump? I'm pretty sure his name is--'  
"Irene, I gotta get the bakery open. You

Please log in to read the full chapter