Confession

Cherry Blossom Tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alright, the first chapter after all the drama happened lol I hope I don't mess this chapter up........ ENJOY SWEETHEARTS<3

 

 

 

A 185 cm tall guy walked down a hall. He was so busy with his own thought that somehow he missed those stares he got from the other students. He got this model like body, with a handsome face to add that and not to mention his fashion style also made his already perfect appearance made it even way stunning.

After arriving at the classroom Mingyu took a seat on the back, hoping that it was not taken by someone yet. Just like any other university in Korea, you have to sit at the same seat for the entire semester. It had to be like that so the TA won’t be having a trouble when taking the attendance. They just need to see at the seat and if it’s empty, then the student was not present. So yeah, Mingyu hoped no one taking this seat yet because he liked to be at the back.

Mingyu was looking at the flyers he got before. A lot of club’s manager had asked him to join their clubs. Taekwondo, basketball, soccer, radio, student league, entrepreneur, English debate, even choir club and many more. Yet, he still hadn’t found something he liked.

“Hey! We are in the same class again!” Mingyu looked up at someone who just spoke with a broken Korean. He knew that voice.

“Minghao?” Mingyu smiled widely at the Chinese student. They had the same schedules yesterday and they met again in the same class today.

“We really prefer to sit at the back, right?” Minghao said as he flopped down next to Mingyu, just like at their two classes before.

“This one is not taken right?” Miingyu asked about his seat.

“Yep” Minghao nodded his head. His eyes then caught the papers Mingyu was holding, he came closer to look at it closely.

“So, what club are you joining?” Minghao asked.

“I don’t know, I haven’t found the one I like yet…”

“No one caught your eyes yet on the first day?” This Mingyu was popular even this was just his first day, so Minghao was wondering if someone caught Mingyu’s eyes. He really couldn’t wait to see a lot of girls crying in sadness if this ‘Greek God’ decided to take an interest in any girl.

Mingyu felt quiet surprised with the LTE speed of topic changing. He thought they were talking about club? Why suddenly changed into girls?

“No” Mingyu shook his head. Of course, no one and the only one who knew the reason was probably himself. But then, something came into his mind. Nayeon. The one Wonwoo talked about yesterday.

“So… Do you know the girl name Nayeon?” Mingyu asked.

Minghao widened his eyes at the mention of the school’s angel or princess or whatever it was, “Im Nayeon?”

“Yeah…?” Mingyu was not sure himself, but he was quiet sure Minghao was talking about the one Mingyu thought of.

“I know right!”

“What?” Mingyu asked, quiet surprised with Minghao’s outburst.

“So the rumor is true” Minghao mumbled. He then eyed Mingyu and asked, “You like her?”

“Huh?”

Mingyu felt Minghao’s arms on his shoulder and he was being pulled closer.

“Of course, no guy can refuse Nayeon’s charms” Minghao said, “Luckily, she just broke up with her boyfriend a few days ago”

“Oh” Mingyu reacted dully, not really care nor curious about the news.

“Don’t worry, she will not be back to his ex for sure. He is basically dumped. That Jeon Wonwoo sunbaenim was just being played all this time”

Mingyu looked at Minghao with wide eyes. He was very sure his childhood friend’s name was being mentioned just before.

“Who?” Mingyu asked.

“Jeon Wonwoo?” Minghao answered with questioning tone because somehow, Mingyu just seemed a lot more focus when Wonwoo’s name being mentioned.

“Jeon Wonwoo is Nayeon’s ex?”

“Yes” Minghao nodded.

Mingyu bit his lip. He felt disappointed when he heard that. He just felt so stupid for believing Wonwoo was jealous of her yesterday. So, Wonwoo was jealous of him instead of Nayeon. Mingyu scoffed, felt pity for himself. He was deep in own thought, he didn’t even realized someone was standing in front of him.

“Excuse me”

For how many times Mingyu couldn’t recalled, he turned his head towards the owner of the voice. How many times did he hear that ‘excuse me’ words for today really?

Mingyu looked up to see a quiet familiar face in front of him. She was smiling coyly at Mingyu with both of her hands behind her back. Mingyu could hear the students were whispering and looking at them.

“Hi” She greeted. Mingyu greeted her back, a bit awkward especially with a lot of attention he got. This time it was way more different with previous one, he didn’t know why but the students were more intense this time.

“I just want to say sorry for yesterday morning” The girl said.

“Yesterday morning?” Mingyu asked back, not quiet sure with what she was talking about.

A disappointed expression could be seen clearly on her face before it was changed into a forced smile, “I bumped onto you, remember?”

“Oh…” Mingyu remembered about it, a girl bumped onto him yesterday morning, “Right”

“My name is Im Nayeon” Upon hearing the girl’s name, Mingyu looked at her, studying her from head to toe. This Nayeon girl was seriously beautiful, no wonder Wonwoo liked her.

“I know” Mingyu said without himself noticing.

Nayeon’s eyes lit in excitement, she was very happy hearing Mingyu knew her name. She was not that surprised though, like, who didn’t know Nayeon?!

“For you” Mingyu saw a hand holding a cup of coffee in front of him. He saw Nayeon was smiling at him. Minghao nudged his back as he whispered, “hurry take it!”

Mingyu then took the coffee and stood up to say thank you with a slight bow, “Thank you”

Manner

Mingyu’s eyes were not on Nayeon. He didn’t know why but he didn’t want to see this girl in front of him at the moment. He felt so childish for acting like this. He could felt all the students attention were on them. Mingyu sighed. Then slowly, his eyes landed on Nayeon, he saw the girl’s lips was moving, she was talking about something but Mingyu couldn’t hear it. His mind was wandering around, he couldn’t help but to thought how did it feel to date Wonwoo? Where did they usually go on dates? How far they had gone to…

“… I want to know you more. See you around”

“Uh yeah”

That was the last thing he remember saying to Nayeon before she left. He sighed deeply, mixed feelings inside.

He really thought their promise were real. So it was all only Mingyu who felt all excited and flustered when he met the older. That must probably the reason why Wonwoo never reply to his letters. The older didn’t want to do anything with Mingyu, that promise was just a past mistake they did.

‘That must be it…’ Mingyu thought.

Mingyu could felt his phone was vibrating. He checked it to see he just got a message from Wonwoo’s mom.

 

Aunty Jeon: What time do you finish class? :)

I only has one class today so 1.15 PM

Aunty Jeon: Great! Come to Hongdae after class, let’s go shopping!

Okay! I’ll call you when I finish my class :)

Aunty Jeon: See you handsome~

 

After finishing his class, Mingyu immediately called Mrs Jeon to tell her he would be heading to Hongdae. Mingyu bid his goodbye to Minghao before he walked out of the classrooms. He just arrived 3 days ago so it was all still unfamiliar with him, luckily he wasn’t bad at direction.

After 10 minutes of bus riding, he arrived at the Hongdae. He walked towards the meeting place which was a café, Mango Six.

“Ah! Mingyu-yah, here, here” Mingyu saw Mrs Jeon and he walked there.

“Do you like Mango?” Mrs Jeon asked and Mingyu nodded his head.

“What do you want to buy, aunty?” Mingyu asked after he sipped his mango juice. It tasted very good.

“Groceries, I have to stay at my mom’s place in Changwon for like 3 days so I have to make sure the refrigerator are fully stocked so you two won’t be starving” Mrs Jeon answered before she added, “Wonwoo usually just took out some food but yeah you can cook so no take out! Totally no no”

Mingyu widened his eyes at the news, “You will be staying for 3 days there?”

Mrs Jeon then smirked, “I made an opportunity for you to use, son. It’s been 3 days and I never seen you two having a proper conversation”

Mingyu nodded his head, Mrs Jeon was right about it. That first night after Mingyu arrived at Korea probably the longest conversation Mingyu had with Wonwoo. The nights after that, Wonwoo kept using his headphone and ignoring Mingyu’s existence in his room.

Mingyu felt a hard slap on his shoulder and when he looked up, he saw Mrs Jeon with a grin.

“Let’s go”

Mingyu nodded his head before he followed Mrs Jeon out of the café. When they walked down the street, they caught a clothing stores and went inside to take a look. Just a few steps into the stores and the sales girls were already around Mingyu, internally fighting each other to serve him. Mrs Jeon eyed mingyu and knew her soon to be son in law was a girl magnet, but not to this extent. Mingyu could get any girls around Korea, maybe even guys but he chose that lanky son of Mrs Jeon. But for sure, Mrs Jeon also didn’t want to lose Mingyu to other person’s embrace. She had shipped Wonwoo and Mingyu since they were kid!

Mrs Jeon then linked her arm with Mingyu’s, pulling him closer. She then sent a glare to the sales girls and said,

“Honey, Thank you for accompanying me today. Since my husband left me, I had been very lonely but you are so sweet. So as a present, you can buy anything you want” Mrs Jeon made it looked like Mingyu was her young boyfriend or something and it sure made the girls stepped back a little. They were looking at Mingyu in both disgust and pity, why such a handsome guy became this old woman’s affair?!

“How about the car I gave you? Do you want me to change the speaker inside?” Mrs Jeon kept talking as she pulled Mingyu out from the store, didn’t feel like buying anything there. Mingyu just kept laughing and laughing at the situation.

“Aish those girls! Can’t keep themselves from something shining” Mrs Jeon mumbled.

“Mingyu, I’ll tell you this but me and Wonwoo have a total exact copy of personality. So he probably would do the same thing as I did before, he might even do something worse. I warn you so you better prepare and not run away later”

Mingyu giggled, “I find it cute, though”

Mrs Jeon eyes sparkled and she whined, “Just stop thinking about Wonwoo and date me instead!”

Mingyu laughed and she laughed along too. She eyed Mingyu and she smiled at herself, ‘It would be good if Wonwoo could find out your charms too Mingyu… I am just afraid you might slowly going farther away if Wonwoo keeps pushing you like this… just like him…’

“Oh right, when are you going to Changwon?” Mingyu asked.

“Oh I didn’t tell you? It’s this evening”

 

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter