Green Light

Cherry Blossom Tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I give up on you”

Wonwoo couldn’t believe with what he just heard. Mingyu was giving up on him? Was that even possible? He had always try to make Wonwoo like him back even how many times he pushed the younger away. Yet Mingyu never gave up. But then, when Wonwoo finally could accept his own heart, the younger said he gave up?

Wonwoo let out a bitter chuckle as he looked down.

“I should have known better” Wonwoo said, “You are always good in this kind of thing after all”

Mingyu could only look at the older with a confused stare, he didn’t know what Wonwoo was talking about.

“You must find it entertaining to play with others like that”

Wonwoo was ready to leave the house when Mingyu caught his wrist.

“I’ll go” Mingyu sighed, “You just stay here”

Wonwoo scoffed. He really couldn’t believe the situation at all.

Mingyu just left him like that.

“He must be kidding me…”

 

 

“Where is Mingyu, son?”

That was the first thing Mrs Jeon asked to her son when she saw Wonwoo walked out of his room. Wonwoo just shrugged his shoulder and walked towards the kitchen to drink some water.

“What happened? I purposely didn’t come home last night so you two can spend a great time together” Mrs Jeon said with a disappointed tone.

“You purposely do what?”

“That was what I have been doing, son. I went to grandma’s house, I got back late, it was all for you to have some quality time with Mingyu alone”

Wonwoo shook his head at the information. Even his mom did that far so Mingyu and Wonwoo would have some quality time? She must really wanted Wonwoo to date Mingyu or maybe even marry him later.

“There’s no use” Wonwoo said, “He said he gave up on me”

“He…. What?” Mrs Jeon asked as she didn’t know what Wonwoo was talking about, no, she just didn’t believe with what he was talking about.

“Mingyu gave up on me… We are done”

Mrs Jeon then walked to Wonwoo before she slapped his back multiple times.

“Ouch… stop it, mom!”

“How can you?! It must be all your fault! He will not do that if you don’t trigger him” Mrs Jeon said, still hitting him.

Wonwoo ran away from her and said, “Stop it, mom. He gave up on me”

“Then are you going to do nothing at all?” Mrs Jeon asked, frustrated at her own son.

“What can I do?” Wonwoo whined. He looked at his left arm which was just hit by his mom. It was red.

“Really, son? After all this time, you don’t have any feelings towards him at all?”

Wonwoo couldn’t say anything when his mom asked that.

“I’m late” Wonwoo said softly before he headed out. He was not ready to answer that, especially to his mom. His heart was just ready to accept it when it got crushed last night. Now, he was just not so sure anymore.

It was just like 10 years ago.

 

It’s been a week. A week since Mingyu said he had given up on Wonwoo, and also a week after Mingyu moved out from Wonwoo’s apartment.

Yeah, Mingyu lived at his own home.

It was just so strange. Mingyu’s belongings were slowly missing from Wonwoo’s room. Whenever he asked that to his mom, she would say that Mingyu took it away when Wonwoo’s was not home. It seemed like Mingyu purposely take his things when Wonwoo was not around. Mingyu knew all of Wonwoo’s schedule after all.

When he thought about it, it was really happening. Mingyu really had given up on him.

Wonwoo never saw the younger in the university either. It seemed like Mingyu just vanished from his life like that.

 

He felt bitter. He should be mad at Mingyu for giving up like that, but how much Wonwoo wanted to, he just couldn’t. By that, he realized how much he really like Mingyu. How much he really wanted the younger to be in his life. But still, Wonwoo didn’t have the courage to take any action.

Wonwoo also remembered when he caught his mom was talking on the phone that day.

 

“Wonwoo? You know him well, no? He eats whenever he feels like it. How about you, Mingyu? You are doing well, right?”

 

Or that day when he met Jun.

 

“I met Mingyu today. He said you like vegetable crackers? He was quiet worry because you can eat that for the whole day”

 

Mingyu was still cared for Wonwoo, especially on the food aspect.

So… If Wonwoo showed his heart to the younger a bit… would Mingyu be back to him?

Because Wonwoo could feel it, how he was missing the younger so much already.

 

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

 

“I don’t want to!”

The movie club members could only let out a long sigh when they had to face the stubborn Wonwoo.

They were having a meeting for their upcoming clubs presentation for the first year students. The clubs were actually started to reruiting members already, but only a few actually applying since a lot of students still didn’t know which clubs to join. With this presentation, some students would know what kind of things they might do in the future if they join that club.

“But-“

“Please, just let me live peacefully. I don’t need the first year students to know about my dark past too, okay?” Wonwoo crossed his arms. Wonwoo really opposed the idea of them telling all the first year student that the movie they were doing was based on his real life story. It would be very embarrassing.

Not to mention that Mingyu would be one of the students in that auditorium too because as he remembered, the younger still hadn’t joined any club yet.

“But… we have to… don’t we?” Joy asked.

“We can leave it out” Wonwoo insisted.

“Alright, alright! Just leave it out! We don’t want our sweet friend here getting bullied anymore, right?” Joy said as she didn’t think Wonwoo would change his mind soon.

“I don’t get bullied, okay?” Wonwoo sent a dirty glare at Joy.

“Okay… So, we will show them our movie trailer” Jihoon said and Joy wrote it down on her notes, “Oh, can we also have someone singing our main ost too?”

“That is a great idea though?” Joy eyes sparkled in excitement.

“Do you find someone match for the ost though?” Wonwoo asked.

“I asked Seokmin and he said he will look for someone from the choir club, Or even that IOI group itself” Jihoon answered.

“IOI is that group project from Choir club, right? Then it is a collaboration between movie club and choir club?”

“Yep” The pink haired guy nodded his head.

Jihoon then looked up and said, “So, Wonwoo and Joy will be doing the presentation”

Wonwoo widened his eyes. Doing presentation for the first year students?! Mingyu would be there! He didn’t want to do that!

“I don’t want to”

Joy and Jihoon rolled their eyes, “Stop being an and just cooperate for once!”

“I cannot speak in front of a lot of people” Wonwoo excused.

“Bull. Please just agree and stop making me curse” Joy said with a sweet yet threatening voice.

“Do I really have no other choice?”

“Of course no” Both Jihoon and Joy said in union.

After finished their meeting, Wonwoo hurriedly go back home. When he arrived at home, it was all pitch black. No one at home after all, his live was back to when there was no one to greet him at home. Wonwoo pushed away all those thought about Mingyu and went to the bathroom to wash up. After finished washing up, he opened the refrigerator to find something to eat. Unfortunately, there was nothing. Wonwoo sighed and looked at the Mickey Mouse clock on the wall. 8 PM.

With his hair still wet, he decided to go the convenience store to buy something to eat. He was also too lazy to take his coat so, he just went to the convenience store with his thin t-shirt and training pants. He took a cup ramyeon and triangle kimbab, paid for it and made his dinner. He felt like eating there, since it would be a nuisance to clean it up later.

When he was eating his food, he could see a familiar pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter