When God wanted a Comedy Show

Cherry Blossom Tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

English is not my first language.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s break up”

 

Wonwoo could still remember it clearly, his dream in the morning. He could still remember how it was so beautiful and realistic that he thought it might just become true in the near future. In his dream, he was already having his own little family. He got 2 daughters and 1 son and he himself was a famous movie director in Korea. His life was so happy, his family was so harmonious and it was so perfect. Especially since he married the one he loved, Im Nayeon, his current girlfriend.

But dream was only a dream after all because just a few hours after that sweet dream, he was being thrown into the harsh reality.

His girlfriend just dumped him.

Im Nayeon was what you called as the mom’s friend’s daughter. Everything she did was excellent, she was pretty, smart, nice and popular. Everyone in the campus adored her. The center of the cheerleading club was the one who approached the awkward and lanky Wonwoo. Of course it made all of the entire campus turned into a mess. The campus’ sweetheart should date another popular guy, not a guy who had this strange and ridiculous image like Wonwoo.

Wonwoo himself was quiet tall and he has this nice body. He was quiet good looking, but the thing he did when they were having a pre-class trip what made his image turned so bad.

They had been dating for 3 months, and Wonwoo thought they could go longer or even go to the next step which was a marriage. So when Nayeon asked for a break up, he just really couldn’t understand at all. They didn’t fight nor emotionally getting further away from each other. She just kissed his cheeks yesterday and he really thought they were fine and steady!

 

“But why?” Wonwoo knew that the girl in front of him was not joking at the moment. So it made him nervous and scared at the same time. After all, he really did love her.

“I just think we won’t work out Wonwoo. Also…” She took a sighed before she let out a giggle, “Don’t you think you are cheating? You have someone you promised to marry though”

That was the last thing Nayeon said before she left the dumbfounded Wonwoo alone, standing in the middle of an empty classroom. He really couldn’t believe with what he just heard.

He really thought God always decided Wonwoo’s life to be a comedy show for Him.

 

“I told you she is not the one for you, Won”

Wonwoo sighed when he heard one of his bestfriend Lee Seokmin said like that. They were at their favorite meat restaurant in Sinchon as he tried to cheer Wonwoo up who just broke up with his girlfriend.

“I really don’t get it” Wonwoo said in frustration as he gulped down the grapefruit soju, his favorite flavor.

“Drink it slowly or you will black out before even you finish your story” Seokmin shook his head as he poured the soju into Wonwoo’s glass. Wonwoo didn’t even listen and gulped it down in one shot.

Seokmin sighed at his friend’s behavior. He really couldn’t do anything, after all, he really knew how much Wonwoo loved Nayeon. The break up news about the “campus’ princess Im Nayeon” and “taken since 9 Jeon Wonwoo” were already spread out through the campus. The news was also posted on the campus portal and got more than 5000 comments and upvotes. Most of them were saying that it was all Wonwoo’s fault to date Nayeon when he had someone to marry already, which was such an ironic thing.

“Alright, alright, but don’t only drink. You should remember this is an ‘all you can eat’ meat restaurant!”

Wonwoo let out a long sighed and he nodded his head, “I know”

Seokmin who had been Wonwoo’s friend since the first day of university life just could only looked at each other, didn’t really know how to change this gloomy atmosphere nor to cheer him up. He then felt his phone was vibrated. He took it out to see he got a new chat from Soonyoung, saying that he was on the way to the restaurant. Seokmin sighed in relieved, maybe soonyoung could change this awkward atmosphere and cheer Wonwoo up. Not long after that, he could see the blonde haired Soonyoung walked towards them.

“What with this rumor about you cheating, Won? Are you cheating? That’s why she broke up with you? Who are you cheating with??” Soonyoung just stepped his feet into the restaurant yet he already bombarded Wonwoo with those questions.

Seokmin massage his nose bridge and sighed, “I shouldn’t have expect anything from you”

Soonyoung just looked at his friend, confused with his words before. Soonyoung was just finished his dance practice when he heard news about Nayeon and Wonwoo broke up. But the details people talked what was made Soonyoung had to know about it soon.

“It was no joke, people are cursing at you for hurting their angel” Soonyoung said before he threw a piece of meat into his mouth. Seokmin could just cursed at this dumb friend inside. Both Seokmin and Soonyoung were actually not really different. They were dumb and dumber but at least, Seokmin’s sense in reading the atmosphere was way better than Soonyoung.

“Cheer up, Jeon. You don’t need to listen to what they said” Soonyoung said again with that eye smile attached on his face.

Wonwoo didn’t know how many shots he had drunk that he was able to shout back at the poor blonde guy in front of him.

“THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT KWON SOONYOUNG! YOU AND YOUR MOUTH!”

Soonyoung and Seokmin had their eyes as wide as they could. They didn’t know Wonwoo would be able to burst out like that, in the public on top of that. The blonde guy saw his friend sulked and didn’t care about people around, who gave him a strange and pitiful stares. Soonyoung sighed as he felt sorry for what he did. Just if he could manage his mouth better, just if he was not the type who loved to share any interesting stories to anyone. Just if he was on his right mind that night…

 

It all happened when they were having a pre-class trip for 2 days and 1 night before the class start. It was a culture in Korean university after all and just like any other trip, the trip was full of alcohol and games.

It was after the dinner and they had drinks in a big hall. All of the students were gathered there as they were going to play some games. The first one was just any introduction and those typical games before it moved to truth or dare. Wonwoo was still sober at that time as he was not the type who could loosen up in front of strangers. So, when his bestfriend since middle school, Kwon Soonyoung, was being dared in front of all of these students, he could not help but to enjoy his friend’s embarrassing time. But Wonwoo didn’t know that he would be chosen next. Just if he didn’t laugh too much before, Soonyoung probably won’t ask that stupid thing.

 

“I want you to tell us about the most embarrassing and ridiculous moment you had when you were 9! Something that would make you want to hide in a hole or just be vanishing to the air!”

 

Yeah. That was Soonyoung who asked that. Of course it was. He was also very specific by telling it had to be when he was 9. Of course it made Wonwoo left with no other choices because if they were caught lying or cheating, then they would had to drink the mix-bomb. That drink was seriously looked like an ogre’s poop. Too disgusting to be just even looked at.

So… that was how the entire school knew about Wonwoo’s dark past. Everyone basically teasing him about it the next day. They even knew every little details of the story, from how they made that promise to how his childhood ‘wife’ looked like.

Wonwoo was considering to move university just because of the embarassment he got from them. Just if Nayeon did not make a move on him, he probably had moved out already.

The dinner ended with no one talking any more after that. Soonyoung was afraid if he say something more, he might be thrown out into the cold water of Han Gang. The blonde guy knew that this emo boy in front of him could be scarier than a girl in period. Wonwoo thanked his friends for not talking too much.

 

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

 

Wonwoo was a light sleeper.

So when he heard his bedroom’s door was being opened by someone, of course his mom because no one else liveing in the house, making Wonwoo sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter