I Like You

Cherry Blossom Tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What do you think when you see the title? LOL

 

 

 

Wonwoo opened his eyes slowly to be greeted by some noises coming from the kitchen. He took out his phone from under his pillow to see the time. It was around 6 in the morning. Wonwoo just stared at the ceiling as all the memories of last night came back into his head.

Jeon Wonwoo kissed Kim Mingyu.

Jeon Wonwoo really did kiss Kim Mingyu.

“Stupid” He mumbled to himself before he rose up from his bed. He felt a lot better. He then walked towards his door and prepared his heart before he went out of his room. He walked to the noise’s direction, expecting the younger guy to cook a breakfast for him.

But…

He had to be quiet disappointed when he saw his mom instead of the childhood friend of him.

“Oh, you are up?” Wonwoo’s mom asked when she saw him.

Wonwoo nodded his head and took a seat on the dining chair.

“How are you feeling?” She asked, putting down a bowl of porridge in front of him.

“Good” Wonwoo said simply.

“Right, son. Did something happen last night?”

Wonwoo chocked on his porridge when he heard his mom’s sudden question. What? Why? Why did she ask that? Did Mingyu say anything to her?

But then, why Mingyu left just like that?!

“Nothing”

“Seeing your reaction.. something happened for sure” Jeon Jihyun said, arching her eyebrow teasingly.

“Nothing mom”

“You are no fun” She pouted.

“What time did you get back home?” Wonwoo asked, trying to change the topic.

“Around 2? You know there will be a book fair coming so I have a lot of things to do” She continued, “Do you know Mingyu has two quizess for today? I shouldn’t have called him last night, I feel so bad”

Wonwoo just kept quiet. He didn’t know about that, “He isn’t the type who study for quiz, don’t worry”

“He told me that too, but still”

“You should thank him later. Here, give this to him” She took a box of kimchi from the refrigerator and put it on the table. Wonwoo shook his head. He didn’t think he can do that.

First, Kim Mingyu dumped him.

Second, They never talked that much at the university. He also has to search for him just to give that kimchi, which also mean he has to ask people around.

Lastly, Wonwoo kissed Kim Mingyu.

“He can cook for himself” Wonwoo tried to make an excuse so he didn’t have to give Mingyu that.

“But Mingyu’s mom asked me to take care of Mingyu well. Especially after you kicked him out of this house”

“I didn’t mom! I didn’t kick him out. He volunteered”

“Still… he will not leave if you at least act like a human being. You are just too cold and boring. I wonder how your heart is still as hard as a steel after all he did?”

“Why do you mock me?”

“You deserve it, son”

“Whatever”

“Now go to university since you seem healthy enough”

“Can I not?”

“Why?”

‘Because I don’t want to see Kim Mingyu’

 

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

 

Wonwoo’s purest wish for the day was just ‘Don’t stumble upon Kim Mingyu’. He kept muttering that words as he looked around, just in case that childhood friend of his was near then he could run as fast as he could. But really, he was not that lucky for sure. Because when Wonwoo walked into his classroom, he saw a familiar girl with another familiar guy next to her. Wonwoo stopped on his track as he felt his body couldn’t move at all.

He was ready to turn around and run but it was too late, because the girl had seen him already.

“Wonwoo!”

Wonwoo cursed before he faked a smile. His eyes kept focusing on the girl and tried to avoid Mingyu’s stare. Wonwoo walked to them.

“Hey” Wonwoo greeted Mina, still not giving any word nor even glancing to the younger guy.

“I heard you were not feeling well yesterday? Are you feeling better?” Mina asked.

“Yeah.. I am all good now”

“Flu?”

“Yeah”

AHCHOO

Someone just sneezed.

Yeah, and you guessed it right.

Kim Mingyu just sneezed.

And you know what?

Not only once.

But 6 times.

That was probably….

“I think you caught a cold too” Mina’s tone was full of concern, “It is so strange, it’s not that time to be getting all this virus though”

Well yeah, because Wonwoo was the one who shared the virus to Mingyu by kissing him yesterday. Wonwoo felt like digging a hole and bury himself there, the younger might made fun of him, or say something to tease the older.

“Yeah.. I’ll go to the infirmary then” Mingyu said before he left them just like that.

Just like that.

“and I must be crazy to be disappointed by that” Wonwoo mumbled.

“What?” Mina asked since she couldn’t hear what Wonwoo just said.

“Nothing” Wonwoo shook his head, “So…. What were you talking about before?”

“Oh… He just gave me Akdong Musician’s album”

“He gave you Akdong Musician’s album?” Why? Why he gave you that?

Mina giggled, “He called me yesterday, saying that he found Akdong Musician’s album that I had been searching for decade. It was surprising that he remembered it though. He is so nice”

Knowing that Mingyu was being being nice to the others like that….

Wonwoo was bitter, he was jealous for sure.

He knew it.

Yet.. he still didn’t know what to do.

“Swallow all your pride and be a man”

Wonwoo gave his attention to Mina who just said that. It seemed like that girl knew what was on Wonwoo’s mind, which was actually impossible. She smiled widely at him before she shrugged her shoulders, “It’s frustrating”

“What?”

Wonwoo was afraid of what might come out of Mina’s mouth when he asked that. He was just too afraid that this crazy girl and her friends might already knew about Mingyu’s and Wonwoo’s relationship.

But really, he was even shocker when he heard her next sentence.

“I think I like Kim Mingyu… should I confess?”

Wonwoo suddenly remembered that he disliked this girl.

“You know what?” Wonwoo started, “He will never accept you as a girlfriend”

“Why?” Mina was surprised and curious at the same time.

“Because… he sees you as someone not to date… someon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter