Realization

Cherry Blossom Tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo walked as fast as he could.

His pace was as fast as his heart’s beating.

It was a mess. His feelings, his thought, everything were all over the place just like those cherry blossom petals which were flying here and there.

He could feel the breeze was calmly caressed his cheek and he also could feel the weather was getting warmer.

Yeah, just like his heart.

It somehow felt a lot warmer.

He still couldn’t believe with what just happened before.

It happened so fast, really, it was so fast.

What Mingyu did was just a simple peck on the lips, but really, Wonwoo’s heart was a mess. It was not like Wonwoo never kissed someone before, but if he had to tell the truth, he never felt this way.

He was supposed to be angry, but his heart felt the opposite thing.

It was not that bad.

“You… must be crazy” Wonwoo was actually saying that to himself. He just thought Mingyu’s kiss was not that bad?! Wonwoo must be crazy.

“Hyung”

Wonwoo woke up from his thought when he heard the younger’s voice. His eyes then met the younger and had to hurriedly look away because seeing Mingyu’s face just made everything worse.

Wonwoo knew what was coming. He knew it so well. It was not like he was in his early teens.

“Hyung…” Mingyu thought that he was so done. He should have not did it. He should have known what kind of feeling the older had for him. But really, Mingyu couldn’t stop himself.

“Shut up, Kim Mingyu” Wonwoo walked away and the big puppy could only followed him behind.

They arrived at Wonwoo’s apartment and Mrs Jeon was already there. She could only arched her eyebrows when she saw Wonwoo walked into his room hurriedly and Mingyu following behind. Wonwoo locked the door before the younger got inside. Mingyu was locked outside.

“What did you do, Mingyu?” Mrs Jeon asked as she patted Mingyu’s shoulder.

“Ah, what should I do?” Mingyu sighed deeply.

That night, Mingyu slept on the couch in the living room.

 

 

Wonwoo woke a lot earlier today. It was just because he couldn’t sleep at all last night, his dark circle would be the evidence. He walked outside his room slowly, trying not to make any voices. He went to the bathroom to prepare himself for the day. After he finished, he hurriedly walked back to his room. His eyes then shifted towards his phone before he took it and checked the time. A kakaotalk notification on the left corner of his phone caught his eyes. He just realized he didn’t check his phone after he got back home yesterday.

He opened the chatroom to see some chats from the trio gag group chat, some game invitation and also from Mingyu. Wonwoo was not sure whether to open the chat or not, he was just not ready to see whatever the younger tried to say to him.

“I don’t care” Wonwoo threw his phone into his bag before he slung it onto his shoulder.

It was still so early, 06.20 am. Too early to go to the campus, his class started at 10 after all. But then, he decided to just go and grab some breakfast on the way to the university. Wonwoo opened his door slowly. It was still dark inside his house since all the curtains were still closed.

Wonwoo peeked at the living room. He saw Mingyu was sleeping on the couch. He looked so uncomfortable though, he had to fold his long limbs so he could fit onto that three seats sofa. It was very cold actually, and Wonwoo felt a bit sorry for locking the younger outside like that.

Wonwoo then shook his head, trying to erase all the pity he felt for the younger before he tip toeing towards the front door. Just like that, he was outside of his apartment already. Mingyu being a deep sleeper really helped him a lot at this time.

On the way, Wonwoo decided to stop at Mc Donald’s to have a breakfast. He ordered a hamburger and ate his food slowly.

Then, something came into his head.

Today was Mingyu’s birthday.

Wonwoo groaned when he remembered that. It was such bad timing. Why he had to kiss Wonwoo just a day before his birthday?! It would be very awkward if Wonwoo ignored him on his birthday. But it was not like Wonwoo was ready to face the younger either.

“Aish”

 

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

 

Mingyu was not feeling that happy. He was being congratulated by his parents, friends, relatives all of people he knew because it was his birthday. Oh right, a lot of people he didn’t know also sent him a birthday greeting too. He supposed to be happy on his birthday, right? But he was not.

When he woke up in the morning, Wonwoo were already gone. The older didn’t even greet him at all, he also ignored Mingyu’s chat. Mingyu felt like he really was done for. He was very happy when Wonwoo told him just to be himself, Mingyu should have refrain himself from doing something the older might hate. It was not the first nor second Wonwoo ignored him, but Mingyu felt this time was different.

That day, Mingyu was seriously feeling down and it seemed like some students could feel that too. Some of them would came to him to congratulate him, but when they saw Mingyu’s expression, they somehow step back a bit. Mingyu was not the type who could hide his emotions and feelings after all. He was like an open book where people could easily read.

When he arrived at his first class, he saw a pile of presents on his desk. Some of the students greeted him from their seats and Mingyu could only nodded his head.

“What’s up?” Minghao asked when he saw Mingyu’s straight face.

“Nothing” The taller student answered simply.

“It is your birthday though… cheer up” Minghao put his arms around Mingyu’s shoulder.

Mingyu could only let out a long sigh.

Not long after that, Mingyu could felt a soft nudge on his side, he then looked at Minghao who was looking at the front.

“Mingyu”

It was Nayeon.

“Happy birthday” She said sweetly and handed him a box of gift. Mingyu then put the gift next to the other presents on his desk. Nayeon was looked disappointed with that though.

“Do you have any plan for today?” Nayeon asked loud enough for all the students in the class to hear.

Plan? He was actually planning to spend it with Wonwoo all day. But it was just so impossible after what he did yesterday.

“No”

“Then, should we go somewhere after class?”

“I don’t feel like going anywhere” Mingyu’s answer made the class turned into whisper mess.

“But…” Nayeon was speechless at the rejection. She should had known by the way Mingyu treated her all this time, but she was just never gave up.

“Nayeon” Mingyu called when he could see a glint of tears were on her eyes.

Mingyu was in deep thought whether to tell her or not. He was right in the middle of the class too, so if he ever said something, it would be all over the university facebook’s page.

“You are so annoying, can you please just stay away from me?”

All of the students had their jaws dropped. This Mingyu was not the Mingyu they usually knew. He would never rejected someone that way. He was always so nice and gentle that all those girls decided to keep liking Mingyu and never give up. But this time, Mingyu was so different.

Mingyu also couldn’t understand himself. Since when he became this heartless? But when he saw her face, it just irked him so much. She was such a bad girl, she treated Wonwoo bad before and her being Wonwoo’s ex just added into his annoyance. Call him childish, but Kim Mingyu was always this childish.

“Mingyu, Why are you like that?” Minghao put his hand on his shoulder as he looked at Nayeon’s shocked and hurted expression.

“I’m sorry” Mingyu apologized to her before he took his bag and walked out of the room. He didn’t feel like studying at all.

Mingyu didn’t know why but his feet led him to the infirmary. He really needed to take a nap to calm himself. When he got inside the room, he could heard someone was talking.

“Do you think I should break up with him?”

Mingyu stopped from his track as he felt like he went on the wrong time. He didn’t heard any reply though, but he heard the same voice talked again.

“He doesn’t love me anyway”

By then, Mingyu just knew that person was talking on his phone. Mingyu thought he should get out of the infirmary when he bumped onto a small table. It made a loud voice that it was impossible not to hear.

“Hey, may I help you?”

Mingyu scratched his head as he turned around. It was that intern/doctor/student he met before. The same guy with long hair.

“I-“ Mingyu really didn’t know what to say.

“You heard me, huh?” Jeonghan then chuckled as he pulled Mingyu in.

“Umm… yeah” Mingyu answered awkwardly.

“Do you need a life lesson?” Jeonghan suddenly asked as he put his hand on Mingyu’s forehead to check his temperature.

“You are not having a fever though.. maybe you need a nap?”

“Yeah, and also… Actually my back is kind of hurt because of last night so maybe something could ease the pain too?” Mingyu said. Jeonghan then nodded his head and took something from the shelf and gave the balm to Mingyu.

“Do you want me to help you put it on?” Jeonghan asked.

“No thank you. I’ll do it myself” Mingyu said before he headed to the bed.

“So yeah… a life lesson” Jeonghan suddenly said.

“Yeah?”

“This might sound a bit strange and all… I mean like.. we don’t really know each other so hearing this from a stranger is kind of…….. yeah….. but anyway” Jeonghan took his jacket and put it on.

“If you love someone and that someone doesn’t love you back…. Then… maybe he is not the one for you. Because even how much you try, sometimes it just doesn’t work and will never work out” Jeonghan smiled at him, “I’ll go to my class for now. Just take a rest”

“Yeah… thank you” Mingyu couldn’t believe with what he just heard.

Was that God’s message for him to just let Wonwoo go?

Wonwoo was never accepted him after all. Wonwoo also never take their childhood friendship seriously. It was always one sided.

Should he really stop this all?

 

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

 

“What with your straight face?”

“What?” Wonwoo asked back at Jihoon’s question. Jihoon then crossed his arms and observed his friend.

“Nothing” Jihoon decided not to ask him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter