Red Queen

when a nerd becomes a queenka ;;—「choose your own path!」

 

“Eh… I think I’ll try out for the Red Queen,” I uncertainly replied. To be honest, I wasn’t much of a theater person. I sighed as I thought of the chances I would get to talk to Myungsoo if I tried out for Alice.

 

“Oh, good!” Jonghyun grinned. “I also remembered that you said that you wanted to play the most powerful character!”

 

Double save! It was a good thing I chose the Red Queen- Eunmi wouldn’t get her cover blown. It was regret to not be able to have as many scenes with Myungsoo, though. I sat, deep in thought throughout the entire period.

 

“Hey, hey!” Jonghyun poked me in the side. I squirmed, since I was ticklish.

 

“What?” I whispered back. The teacher was lecturing in the front, her glasses nearly slipping off her nose. She hadn’t noticed that most of the class had fallen asleep, and that the rest were having side conversations. Her lectures weren’t interesting at all, but I found her teaching ways very interesting.

 

“This is boring,” He casually replied. I simply nodded at his statement, although my eyes were still drawn towards the front of the classroom.

 

“Hey, you wanna come with me somewhere after school today?” He piped up, leaning over his desk to whisper in my ear. I pondered over the choice, tugging my hair, deep in thought. Well, there couldn’t be any harm.

 

“Sure,” I replied.

 

“The usual place?” He asked, a glint of playfulness in his dark brown eyes.

 

“Um… yeah?” I hesitantly replied. What was the usual place?

 

“Great!” His smile brightened, and he mussed my hair. A fuzzy feeling started to spread in my heart, as warmth crept up to my face.

 

“Yeah, great…” I muttered under my breath. He didn’t catch my words, as he was already in a conversation with the classmate sitting next to him.

 

BRINGG!

 

The bell rang, and the chatter of students immediately arose. The chairs made screeching sounds as students hurried pushed them in, rushing to get to the cafeteria first. People who weren’t in line at the cafeteria by the time ten minutes of lunch were over never got anything good to eat.

 

“Lunch…” I tiredly yawned, forcing myself to pick up my books. A bit dazed, I walked through the hallways looking like a lost fish in a large ocean. Last night, I stayed up studying my Calculus books- they were horrendous, but luckily I caught on to the concept before morning.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Jonghyun appeared beside me, and helped me carry my books. Graciously, I handed the books to him. He carried them with his steady and strong arms, smiling at the same time.

 

“So, today… after school…” My hopeful voice trailed off. I wanted to ask, but that would definitely reveal who I was. Instead, I tried to say the question as a statement.

 

“Oh, today! It’s been a long time since we’ve hung out at Yoomi’s place,” He nodded.

 

“Yoomi…” I tried not to say in a questioning tone.

 

“Oh, you miss her, right? She’s one of your best friends!” He patted me on the back. Best friend? This didn’t sound good- Eunmi’s friends would definitely catch on to who I was.

 

“Er, yes,” I croaked.

 

“Oh, see, she’s right there!” He pointed at a pretty girl walking next to an equally good-looking boy. “Shall we greet her?”

 

Go with Jonghyun to greet her [coming soon]

Come up with an excuse, and don’t greet her [coming soon]