How it Started

when a nerd becomes a queenka ;;—「choose your own path!」

 


"Please, please, please, please, PLEASE!"  Eunmi cried.

 

"No. How many times do I have to say it! I don't want to do it!" I said, carefully writting out a problem of my homework.

 

"Why...?" Her word was defeated.
 
 
"I do not want to pretend to be you." I stated, my gaze still directed at my paper. " Do you know what will happen to me if anyone ever finds out? I don't even know, and I don't want to take that risk. Why can't you just tell the teacher and your friends that you're going to America? I'm pretty sure they'll understand since you're practically famous."
 
 
She fell to her knees and whined. "Noooo. I can't because if I do, the teacher will fail me! She says that I've had enough fun and wont let me skip. She even said she would come to our house and perform a lockdown with 24 hour survalence cameras and guard dogs! Doesn't that creep you out?
 
 
I gave her a skeptical look, putting down my pencil and staring straight at her. "Do you believe her?" 
 
 
"Well... no. Not exactly, but-"
 
 
"Then, there you go."
 
 
"But my grades! You can't just let your only Unnie fail school, can you?" I could feel her attempt to bore her puppy-dog eye trick into my skin, and unconsciously, I was slowly giving in.
 

"... But what about my grades? If I pretend to be you, who will pretend to be me?" I looked at her.
 

"You already have enough credit to pass the year! I mean look, you're almost done with homework even though there's a week long break! It's just for two months! Come on. Please..." She sat on the ground and begged me again.


I bit my lip and closed my eyes. 


Two months... who knows, Minhee? It will probably pass by faster than you think. And it might be better too. I mean, no one will mess with a Queenka... right...?  


"Two months?" I asked.


"Two months."


Taking a regretful breath in,
 I hesitantly replied. "... Alright."


"Really?" Eunmi's brown orbs lit up at my answer, and a smile tugged across her face. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"
 
 
She pulled me into a hug and began to count the number of things we needed to do to fix me up in order to imperssonate her. "We're gonna dye your hair, and give you bangs, and try on circle lenses, and practice your make up, and sort out your clothes, and-"


"Woah, woah, woah. Isn't that a little too much?"


She released her hug and her smile dropped. "Well if you're pretending to be me, you have to look like me..."
(Click)





Continue