Chapter 26

Falling in Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bom’s POV

 

Since we are already done for our fan service, we’re now focusing on the upcoming charity concert. So here we are, back at the YG practice room, practicing like crazy.

 

“Unnie, you’ve been slacking off today. You keep making the same mistakes.” CL said with knitted eyebrows. “Are you okay?”

 

Instead of answering it Dara sigh and said, “Can we… Can we take five?” CL nod and we all looked at her worriedly.

 

She’s not usually the one asking for a break. That’s actually my job. Dara sat on the floor, chin on her knees. She suddenly sigh defeatedly.

 

“Wae?” I asked her. “Is there a problem?”

 

She opened and closed it back. She did that thing a couple of times and she sigh again. “Nothing.”

 

“Oh don’t you ‘nothing’ us unnie.” CL rolled her eyes.

 

“Unnie, you know you can talk it with us right?” Mingkki said. “I know.” Dara sigh again. “It’s just that…”

 

“Just what? Spit it out.” I said kind of frustrated.

 

“Lay asked me to be his girlfriend.” She said quietly but we can hear her clearly.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“OMG!”

 

“FINALLY!”

 

“When did he asked you?”

 

“You said yes, didn’t you? Of course you would.”

 

“Eeee. My LayDara feels.”

 

“Wait. Why aren’t you celebrating with us?” CL asked Dara who is looking at us blankly.

 

“There is nothing to celebrate.” She said with no emotion.

 

“What? What do you mean ‘there’s nothing to celebrate’?” Mingkki asked.

 

“It’s because I didn’t say yes.”

 

 

“What?”

 

All of our happiness was long gone.

 

“Why didn’t you?” I asked shocked.

 

“We thought you like him?” Mingkki asked with wide eyes.

 

“What made you do it?” CL asked next.

 

“I was scared, okay?!” Dara suddenly bursted out. She hid her face from us and said, “I was scared of being hurt. The moment he said those words, a series of ‘what if’s’ came up. What if he doesn’t really like me? What if he would be gone the morning a wake up? What if I would never be enough? What if… What if it would just like be the last time? I’m sure you remembered how broken I was right?”

 

Yeah, I remembered.

 

She was a walking mess. The perfect relationship she once thought was all in her imagination. That bastard suddenly wake up feeling nothing for Dara. That broke her. She almost did everything to let him stay beside her. She almost kneeled infront of him if it weren’t for Chaerin-ah. She stopped her before Dara could kneel completely.

 

I really curse Song Joong Ki that time.

 

“But unnie, how would you know?” CL said.

 

“You have to take the risk, unnie.” Mingkki said.

 

“I’m afraid to take the risk. I know I’m a coward.” She said dejectedly.

 

“Yah, you’re not a coward. You’re just being cautious.” I said. “Having that kind of relationship really hurt. But, you know Lay is different from him. I know you know it too.”

 

“And we are pretty sure he likes you very much.” CL said with a smile.

 

Dara chuckled humourlessly. “I don’t know about that now. The look on his face when I rejected him was really heart-shattering.” She change her position into Indian style and looked at us sadly. “He looked so broken. I was about to hug the life out of him but I took a step back instead and ran away from him.”

 

I’m sure Lay is having a hard time too, like Dara.

 

“Unnie, just think about it. I’m sure there are a lot more reasons why you should take back your answer than standing up for it when you sure know that it’s hurting you both.” CL said encouragingly. Dara chuckled.

 

“I don’t even know if the offer is still up. But, yeah, I’ll try.”

 

“Well, since this has been settled, Chaerin-ah, can you tell us again who wants to do a colab with us?” I asked her.

 

“Uhh, SNSD wants to do a collab with us.” She said while looking something in her phone. “Also Got7, f(x), 4minute, Miss A, BTS, and EXO.”

 

“Waaaah! That’s a lot.” Mingkki said suddenly laying on the floor. “Not to mention Kai wants to do a collab with me, and Amber and Luna, and Big Bang wants to do the Lollipop with us.”

 

“D.O. wants to do a collab with me also, GD and TOP, Taeyeon, Sunny, Chen, Ryeoweok and Kyuhyun.” I said.

 

“We’re gonna have a showdown between Hyuna, Hyoyeon, Lee Hyorin, and BoA sunbaenim.” CL said.

 

“Woooooh. That’s gonna be fun.” Dara said and we all chuckled.

 

“How about you unnie?” Mingkki asked Dara.

 

“Jungkook and V wants to do a collab with me.” She said and we looked at her in disbelief. “I know, my dancing skills will be tested. But trust me I can do this. Also Donghae, and Mino, and Key. Aaaahh, there’s this girl that uproached me from TWICE. I forgot her name, wait let me search it up.” She stand from her position to get her phone and sat back down. “Aha! Nayeon. Right, Nayeon wants to do a collab with me, together with Yoona, Krystal, and this girl Sana. And Chanyeol, and Lay…” She suddenly finished with a sad sigh.

 

I slung my arms around her and said, “You can do it. We know you can.”

 

“Alright! Time is up! Let’s head back to practice.” Chaerin suddenly shouted. Instead of standing up, we all just groaned and lay on the floor.

 

-------

 

“And 5,6,7,8. Last 32 counts.” The Choreographer said.

 

We’re here at the SM bui

Please log in to read the full chapter