The Pretenders

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

I was made to believe i'd never love somebody else
I made a plan, stay the man who can only love himself
Lonely was the song I sang,

'til the day you came
Showing me another way and all that my love can bring

Oh half of my heart's got a grip on the situation
Half of my heart takes time
Half of my heart's got a right mind to tell you
That I can't keep loving you (can't keep loving you)
Oh, with half of my heart
With half of my heart

.............Your faith is strong
But I can only fall short for so long
Down the road, later on
You will hate that I never gave more to you than half of my heart
 

But I can't stop loving you
I can't stop loving you 
But I can't stop loving you with half of my......

 

........Playing-Half of my heart by John Mayer

 

 

 

"Woooooooooooooooo!! Let's fly to the moon child!! Daddy will buy you chocolates there!! Wooooo!!" It was sunday morning.Chanyeol was playing with his two months old daughter Grace.His face was glowing in delight.

 

Fiona Grace,being the ultimate daddy's girl was trying her best to reciprocate Chanyeol's laughter.It may sound weird-but Grace loved her daddy way more than her mommy.She'd always keep awake in the evening,because daddy comes back from work then.

And whenever daddy would return back from work,even Sera the mommy would fail to keep her to herself.Grace would cry only to go to daddy,and would stop only when Chanyeol would take her and started playing.So tired Chanyeol just needed to play with his daughter right after returning back.

When daddy was around,Sera would get her daughter only when it'd be her feeding time.

Not that she mind about it.In fact the best part of Sera's life was watching the father-daughter's childish interaction from far.

 

It's kind of a bliss all women long for.It's the assurance of a picture perfect life.It's the vision Sera imagined many a times.

Only differences was Kris was in her vision instead of Chanyeol.Not that Sera mind about it either.

In fact she likes it more that Chanyeol is the one who graced the picture perfect life-map.

 

Everything was perfect.Chanyeol became more serious and diligent in work after getting married.Matured in other words.No clubs,no parties,no one night stands,alcohol abstinence all of a sudden-he made it all possible.Because of Grace and her.

 

They were his.He loves them the most.

 

 

While this picture perfect life arrangement was soothing,charming and all-Sera felt the void every now and then.He was by her side,in parties,in dining table,in Fiona's welcome ceremony,in garden walking.He was always there by her side,holding Fiona,smiling.

But he would be gone once their room was closed against the rest of the world.Chanyeol would be gone in a blink.

 

Park Chanyeol was avoiding his wife Park Sera so cunningly. 

 

This kind of avoidance wouldn't matter in case Sera was not interested in him.But truly speaking,she was head over heels for him.Every moment Kris' face was turning blurred and Chanyeol's face was replacing it.

Sera was in love with her husband.Who seemed uninterested in her.

It bothered her.

 

And Bang Minah's constant presence in Chanyeol's life bothered her even more.

 

Some nights there'd be a call,he'd wake up and hurriedly left the home wearing plain sleepingwears and would return back after an hour or two.Somedays it'd take three to four hours even!

He didn't tell,but Sera knew it was for Bang Minah.

She hated the fact.

 

 

 

"I think she needs to go to rehab Baek................I can't do this anymore!! This is happening almost in every week!! Yes,I know I'm at fault,I'm guilty too.But this is too much! I have my family too......I can't run to Minah everytime she calls for me!!"

 

"Why aren't you making any moves towards Sera yet? You've been married to her for four to five months already!!" Ignoring Chanyeol's statement regarding his ex,Baekhyun asked observing his tired friend who was washing his face off continuously.

Last night Minah had another drug overdose.It was another emergency,she was in coma for almost an hour.So Chanyeol couldn't return back home at 4 am.Instead he took shelter in Baekhyun's place.

"Huh? What were you saying?'' Wiping face with towel,Chanyeol asked his friend.

"Why're you keeping distance from your wife Sera Yeol? You should try develop your relation with her.Like real husband-wife! You shouldn't treat her like that!" Baekhyun asked directly following him.

"Then what else shall I do?" Chanyeol bitterly smiled.

''Just tell me a thing Yeol.You don't love Sera anymore,right?"

"And what made you think like that?!" Frowning,Chanyeol turned around to face his friend "Of course I love her!! I love Sera!!"

"Then why aren't you confessing?!" Baekhyun took a step closer "It's painfully awkward to see you acting with her in public,you know?!"

Chanyeol paused for a while "Oh,about that....."

"About that what?" Baekhyun frowned.

And Chanyeol smiled bitterly "Just,forget it!"

 

"No! You need to tell me what's about that?!"

"Please Baekhyun...spare me.I'm tired! Let me sleep." Chanyeol lied on the sofa in tiredness.Soon he closed his eyes.

"Just tell me what's bothering you Yeol!! For heaven's sake,I'm your best friend!! Let me help you!"

 

"Hmmm......" Slowly Chanyeol opened his eyes "It's not like I don't love her or I don't want to develop our relation.But-"

"But what?" 

"Uff you sure are persistent!!" Chanyeol scoffed.

"Just answer me Yeol!!" Baekhyun's voice turned stern.

"Just I don't know whether she'd accept my heart or not!! And I'm nowhere close to get ready to get heartbroken again!!" Sqeezing eyes tight,Chanyeol blabbed out.

Baekhyun furrowed his brows "And what made you think like that? To me she seems quite interested in you!!"

"You don't know Baek.......You don't know!!" Chanyeol stared at the ceiling sighing "You can never guess a thing about her...................Years ago,people were considering us as couple already!! And we were like really dating!! Just only exception was I didn't ask her out.........And when I did-she refused me!! Do you have any idea how hurt I was at that time?!"

"You heard what you just said? That was years ago!! She was merely a teenager then!! Now everything's totally different! You two're married and will be spending your life together! Don't let the past cloud your judgement Yeol................"

"That's not the only problem Baek......." Chanyeol now released a very long sigh.

"What's the other?" Baekhyun frowned again.

 

"It's just..................." He puffed his face "I'm not the same either! I sure love her,like I really love her.Heck,I only love her,okay? ........................But whenever I get closer to her-my mind keep reminding myself that she was Kris hyung's girlfriend for years and they were like,really close .......and............and.............''

"Yeol.........." Baekhyun smiled in brief "What about you? Can you give me a total account on how many girls you slept with?! Ah forget that,how many girls did you just date?"

Chanyeol puffed his cheeks again,he lost count on his past girlfriends' number.

"Look,Yeol..........." Baekhyun sat besides him "To be honest-you both dated other people.But that's all in the past.You love her.She seems interested in you.And you two already started a family together.Now you have a baby there in the scene as well!!....................................................It's not like a casual relationship that will break down tomorrow.............And most importantly,you knew she was with Kris when you married her! You accepted all her flaws in the way!! What's with the hesitation now?"

"Baek,it's just-"

"Kris is all her past-never forget that Yeol.You're her present and future............She went to the alter with you,not with Kris."

 

 

"Then,you're saying I should ask her out for a date?!"  Excited finally Chanyeol asked Baekhyun in a happy tone.

Baekhyun smiled lovingly "I don't know.Asking her out-isn't it a dating thing? Do married people be like that?"

"I don't know!" Chanyeol looked quite in oblivion "I never married before!"

"Hahahah then just ask her out you moron!!"

 

 

"What if she refuse me again?"

"Don't worry!! I'll be there for you with a tub of ice-cream then!"

"Ya!!"

"Hahahah! Yeol,you're still so cute!!" 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

Like Chanyeol told Baekhyun,he really decided to ask her out.The first day he bought a flower bouquet for her on the way returning back home.

And nervous he stood in front of her.Sera just came out of the dressing room,looking all fresh.

Chanyeol gulped.

 

 

"Hi!"

"Hi......Yeol." She brightly smiled at him.Chanyeol gulped even more. "What's with the flower?"

Say it,say it,say it!!!

"Is it someone's birthday today?" Sera asked him again.Chanyeol usually buys flower when it's someone's birthday at home.

"Ah? Birthday? Eh? Oh.........." Chanyeol scratched his hair "Yes,may be it's our chef's birthday!!''

"I see.............but he's not here anymore!! You're late Yeol!" Sera apologetically smiled.

 

And Chanyeol felt so bitter.

 

 

 

On his second attempt,Chanyeol arranged a pair of couple ring for them.

Ahh today he sure will make it!

He felt all giddy inside.

 

"Hey Sera!!" Sera was surprised seeing Chanyeol smiling like that.He just lied sleeping Fiona on the crib.

"Mmm??''

"Ehhh..........." Now again he started feeling nervous "Ahhh,your....our wedding rings-are......"

"Are what?" Chanyeol looked kind of different.

Wait,will he take back her ring? Is he talking about divorce now?!

"I mean they're old fashioned." Chanyeol stared at her and gulped "Want to change them?"

And subconsciously Sera put her other hand over her ring,protection came as instinct "No way!! It's not old fashioned at all!! It's quite okay!! I Love it!! I won't change them ever!!"

"Oh.........." And Chanyeol felt disappointed again.Second attempt failed too.

 

 

 

"Fiona,what shall daddy do now?" Pouting Chanyeol asked his baby daughter "How can daddy confess to mommy?"

In return Fiona just smiled at her pouty daddy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter