Dust in the wind

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"I don't think it'd be wise for you to try killing Chanyeol.........He may now seems defenseless-but so many people are shielding him in disguise.Moreover,his family may seem like leaving him.But I can assure you-they won't! They won't leave him.They'll stay with him no matter what! Be sure they'll accept the girl he's going to marry,sooner or later............And you actually won't get Daebak in this way.We need to work hard Wu................." Taeyeon sipped on her wine "We need to uproot Park Chanyeol in some other way.If his girlfriend gives birth to a child-he'll get an heir.............It'll go against us too.So we need to think something faster and effective................We need to ruin their marriage anyhow!"

"Hmmmm..........." Kris heard everything.And as the idea of killing Chanyeol was discarded-he was relieved.

 

Deep inside,a part of him was strongly opposing that idea.Deep inside he didn't want to kill Chanyeol.

Park Chanyeol was Kris Wu's younger cousin.

 

 

It may sounds unreal,but there was a time when Park Chanyeol was a big fan of Kris Wu.

In fact he was Kris' #1 fan,when he didn't get close to the harsh facts of real life.

Also there was a time Kris Wu loved Park Chanyeol as his own younger brother.Of same blood.

 

 

"Hyung this place is the best for barbecue! Trust me you'll like the food here!!" Chanyeol clapped his hands in excitement.It's the first time he brought his brother to some food place of his choice.

Kris just chuckled.To be honest,barbecue is never his style.But he couldn't say 'No' to his little brother "Yes,because you say so-I'm sure the food will be great here!!"

"Hyung you're awesome!! You're so perfect!! I love my hyung!!" Chanyeol couldn't content his overflowing affection for his newfound big brother.

Kris too smiled in return.He was a reserved person.He was forbidden to get close with his younger brother.He was forbidden to get fond of Park Chanyeol.

 

But at that age of his life-he did all of that!

 

"My hyung is the best.He is so handsome! He's the most handsome man in the world!!" Putting some beef ribs on Kris' plate affectionately,Chanyeol told himself "I love Kris hyung a lot!"

Kris chuckled again "My brother is the best too!! Chanyeol is so handsome!! I really don't know who is more handsome between us!!''

"Obviously hyung is more handsome!! He is the best!" Chanyeol argued taking some pieces of barbecue in his mouth.So hot they were-immediately burnt his mouth.He almost chocked.

"I think we're equal................But hey,why're you eating like this? You'll get hurt!! Come here,come to me......" Taking his chopstick in hand,Kris started feeding Chanyeol,with great brotherly affection.

Chanyeol ate from his stick like an obedient child.The whole event turned out to be Kris taking care of Chanyeol.

Though Chanyeol was the host.

 

 

If there were no Daebak-they'd be the best of the brothers.Kris is sure.Chanyeol was sure too.

Kris adored Chanyeol.Chanyeol respected and loved Kris.Deep inside they wanted to protect each other.

Until Sera came.

 

And then there comes a day when both of them ordered to kill each other.For real.

 

~♦♦♦~

 

 

"I think I should inform you about this.............Your cousin Kris is planning to ruin your wedding ceremony.I think we should be careful Yeol.Let's just register your marriage first,secretly................." Baekhyun's voice was full of concerned thoughts "We need to do something about the ceremony as well.Shall we change your wedding venue?"

Sitting on the waiting room of the Bridal designer store where Sera was giving trial for her gown,Chanyeol's jaw clenched at first.Soon it was replaced by clever smirk "You don't need to worry Baek.....It's already been taken care of!"

"How did you take care of it? Chanyeol.........." Baekhyun sighed from the other side "Don't understimate him.Kris may look weak,but he's completely the opposite!"

I know that Baek,I know! That's why Wu won't be able to breath till my wedding day "Hey Baek,you can trust me on that.There's no way I'm gonna let anybody ruin my wedding....Don't worry.......Anyway you remember we're going to try for our tux this afternoon? Keep your schedule free."

"Alright!"

 

 

Right when Chanyeol finished the call,the curtain was lifted,and a nervous,groomed Sera was standing in front of him with trembling figure "Is it okay oppa?"

Chanyeol had problem in breathing at first.Sera looked absoloutely divine.This was exactly what Chanyeol always imagined in his dream.Sera,his bride-to-be looked seraphic.

 

"If you don't like it................" Sera hesitated "Let's change the dress.....Also let's take a cheaper one oppa.A cheap one with belly concealing pad."

Chanyeol chuckled "Just because I'm thrown out of Daebak,doesn't mean your future husband is a penniless person! Come on Sera,I can surely afford a desinger gown for my bride.............Also about the pad.........." Chanyeol slowly stood up and came close to her "There's nothing to hide Sera.Our baby is a blessing.You should be a proud mom!"

Our baby?! The word sounded so unreal to Sera,since it was a lie.But she hid it.She was about to say something but her face turned pale as the little one inside suddenly kicked her again.

Seeing her biting lips-Chanyeol felt so concerned.Soon it was replaced with amused look "Did it just kick you?!"

Shy and pained,Sera nodded.

Smiling Chanyeol kneeled down to face the baby bump level.And before Sera could react-Chanyeol placed his cheek in her belly "Let me feel it.........By the way Sera,they said it's a girl,right?"

Shy,Sera nodded again.

"Hey,hey it just kicked again! It just kicked again!" He exclaimed as he felt it for the first time in life "Wow!!"

And all the bloods of her body suddenly rushed to the cheeks.

 

"Sera........'' Standing up,Chanyeol faced her again and smiled "I may lose my control over Daebak,but I promise you I'll work hard and keep you two safe and happy................Our penthouse apartment-well,it's not so small right? There's a rooftop garden where she can play when she grows up.I think we can raise her properly....................I already joined my friend Baekhyun's company.The salary is not bad at all-workload is not much too.I think I can make it!! I promise you,I'll keep you two happy."

Heart fluttering was his statement.Suddenly in a few days,Chanyeol came over and made everything alright.Now he just spoke as if they were all his responsibility.It's really charming.

But then it's really sad,since it made her realise what Kris just did to Sera and their child.

 

 

"You know when I was in rehab-Rachel was pregnant............." Chanyeol sighed looking through the window "And she said it was mine.To be honest-I was in no condition to be a father then....................But still I was happy.Though she and I already broke up and she was with another man-I wanted to raise the child together so bad..................But Rachel was confused.She thought a child of an addict father should not be born..............." Chanyeol smiled looking at her-the smile so sad and bitter and forceful "I got released from there and....................'' He took a deep breath "And I heard she aborted our child......She didn't want to have a child with an addict father."

When Chanyeol finished the statement,Sera saw a pearly tear coming out of his eyes so slow.It hurt,it hurt seeing a strong looking person being so broken,even when he was smiling.Sera wished she could wash away all his pain.But she couldn't.

So she did what she could,slowly she went close to him and held his hand.Chanyeol smiled seeing that "Sera,I failed before.But I promise I'll be a good dad to your child."

Sera suddenly felt like crying.She hugged Chanyeol tightly "I know that.I know................You'll be the best daddy ever!"

"You think so? Really think so?" Chanyeol felt like a puppy as he wrapped her waist with arms.

"Yes,I really think so....................I really think so Chanyeol."

"Call me Yeol,my close ones call me that."

"Am I one of them?" Sera blushed,face hiding in his neck.

You're the closest among all  "Yes,you're..............You sure are one of them!"

 

♦♦♦♦♦

 

"They went to a designer house today in the morning.Then they went to a studio for pre-wedding photoshoot.......I think now they're heading back to their home." As Kris was getting drunk in the early noon,he heard the news.Then he took the whole bottle from in front and finished it in one go.

It was bitter.Everything was bitter-the alcohol,the information,his current state-everything!! Chanyeol didn't go to office for the last couple of days.He even sent his resignation letter to the chairman.Kris knew it all.

He knew he was going to have Daebak soon.

Yet it felt bitter.Somehow he envied Chanyeol.How easily he was about to give up on everything just to have Sera-it was maddening him.

 

Why Chanyeol can do that all in a blink?! Why Kris can do nothing?!

 

Even when anger was trying to fume,Kris felt guilty-guilty of hurting her.Also he felt thankful.Thankful to Chanyeol for saving her.

Part of Kris always loved Sera.May be it wasn't so strong.But nevertheless there was love in their relationship.The only girl Kris ever find attached to was Lee Sera-now Chanyeol's bride-to-be.

And Chanyeol just saved her.Chanyeol indirectly saved Kris' child.

 

"Don't bother them.Let them go on with the wedding.All the plans that we made-just forget about them!" Kris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter