Chapter 31

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 31

 

Jaejoong’s face stilled as the blonde slowly made her way to his bedside. His eyes stared intently at her own. He saw the glint of satisfaction in her eyes seeing him in this state. Her lips slowly tugged into a smirk. 

 

“What do you want from me?” Jaejoong asked. 

 

Hyeona’s nails raked up along his arm gently on his skin until she reached his neck. She liked toying with him. Especially now that he’s helpless, she found it entertaining. So weak, Hyeona thought as she caressed the man’s cheek playfully. She sensed that he was uncomfortable and it only made her smile.

 

Jaejoong turned his cheek. “Leave me alone.” 

 

“Why? Don’t you want to play with me?” Hyeona forced him to face her by grabbing his chin with such force. “Like we did before, huh?” 

 

Jaejoong desperately tried to reach for the call light. His fingers crawled along his blankets in hopes that Hyeona wouldn’t notice his attempt. He stopped suddenly when the expression on Hyeona’s face changed. Her fingers gripped onto his wrist, pressing into his skin but her eyes never left sight of his.

 

Jaejoong let out a small hiss of pain. This couldn’t be happening to him. For the first time in his life, he felt helpless. 

 

“We wouldn’t want anyone to see, now would we?” Hyeona took hold of the call light, tossing it to the floor. “I can’t have you call anyone for help not until I’m finished with you.” 

 

“What do you plan to do to me?” 

 

“Let’s just say my life ain’t the best,” Hyeona began, circling the bed like Jaejoong was her prey and she was the predator. “My secrets need to stay protected in order to get what I want. You are one of many secrets. One that I can’t have Jiyong knowing. Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?”

 

Jaejoong knew the predicament he was in. He let out a chuckle. “Am I suppose to keep my mouth shut?” 

 

“I advise you to do so,” Hyeona said. “Your fiancé is in this hospital as well. Should I pay her a visit as well?” 

 

“You wouldn’t.” 

 

“Try me.” Hyeona challenged. “I’m just asking you for a simple favor, darling. Keep your mouth shut or...” that devious smirk curled on her lips again. “I’ll have to rid of you right here, right now. It will be so much easier for me to do so because... well...” a small chuckle emitted through her red lips, “obviously you can’t stop me.”

 

The evident look of fear was hinted in Jaejoong’s eyes. For once he felt afraid. He was very vulnerable now. He hated this feeling. The feeling of not being able to protect himself. Hyeona wasn’t afraid of him anymore. If only he wasn’t in this state.

 

“What the hell are you planning to do with me?” Jaejoong asked. 

 

“Nothing if that pretty little mouth of yours keeps quiet.” Hyeona inched closer to Jaejoong’s face until the points of their noses touched. She smiled, caressing this face with her fingers.

 

“And if I refuse?” Jaejoong challenged. 

 

This didn’t set well with Hyeona. Her eyes turned dark with anger and frustration burning. “You’re still refusing me? Don’t you know what kind of predicament you’re in. Don’t be stupid.” Her fingers gripped hard onto his jaw, pressing deep with every word. “That brain of yours may still be messed up after the accident you caused yourself but I’m telling you one last time, if you know what’s good for you promise me you’ll stay quiet.” 

 

Jaejoong didn’t speak. He stared into her mad eyes and only smirked. Hyeona’s eyes widened. She couldn’t believe he was still holding up such a brave face. She shoved him to the side roughly. 

 

“Fine!” Hyeona screeched. “Let’s just see how brave you are.” 

 

“Jaejoong?” 

 

Hyeona turned around at the sound of the soft female voice. Her head tilt to the side eyeing the woman from head to toe. Hyeona looked to Jaejoong from the corner of her eyes. The worried expression on his face said it all. A smug smirk tugged on her lips. 

 

“Ah, you must be the other woman,” Hyeona said. 

 

“Don’t listen to her,” Jaejoong said. 

 

Jihyo stumbled slowly to Hyeona. “What did you say?” 

 

“Why do you think he’s in the hospital, sweetheart?” Hyeona said with a smile on her face. She spoke to Jihyo as if she were speaking to a child who knew nothing. “Your fiancé paralyzed himself when he tried to kidnap my sister.” 

 

“Get out of here!” Jihyo shouted. 

 

“I’m kinda pissed right now, baby girl,” Hyeona said before striking Jihyo across the face with her palm. 

 

“Jihyo!” Jaejoong shouted. 

 

Jihyo fell back, gripping onto the wall to keep her balance. She cried silently, holding onto her reddening cheek. 

 

“It didn’t have to be this way but now I see it’s the only way.” Hyeona stalked closer to Jaejoong. Her eyes darkened with anger and it was the last thing imprinted into his mind and the voice he heard calling his name began to echo inside his head. 

 

***

 

Jiyong stood across the hospital room with his eyes solely focused on his resting ex-wife. Leaving didn’t cross his mind once. Somehow, Jiyong blames himself for the situation. It didn’t have to be like this but now that it’s happened, he accepts that he couldn’t have changed it. 

 

“Why are you still here?” Hyuna asked. Her eyes remained closed but Jiyong knew now that she’s awake. 

 

“Rest, Hyuna,” Jiyong said. 

 

“Go home, Jiyong.” 

 

Hyuna shuffled out of bed groggily. Jiyong quickly ran to her for support. Hyuna pressed a hand to his chest, pushing him away weakly. 

 

“You’re in no position to refuse help from me,” Jiyong said reminding Hyuna of her current condition. 

 

An annoyed sigh left those pouty lips. “I’m fine. Stop worrying about me.” Her hand reaches for the IV stand and began rolling it with her as she walked out of her room. 

 

Jiyong, not listening, followed Hyuna into the hallway of the hospital. “Where are you going?” 

 

“I need to walk. I need to think and hospital beds aren’t that comfortable so... please go back.”

 

Hyuna dragged the IV stand along with her as she continued walking the unit. As quiet as Jiyong’s steps were, Hyuna knew he wouldn’t listen to her. She looked over her shoulder to see him and his smug smirk. She scoffed, turning back but she couldn’t continue any further. 

 

“Hyuna!” Jiyong shouted, pulling her fragile body into his arms. Her full weight fell onto his body and together they leaned against the wall for support. 

 

“I didn’t do it! I didn’t do it! Please you have to believe me! I didn’t kill him!” 

 

The woman kept shouting. Those words kept ringing in Hyuna’s ears. The next thing she saw was a hospital bed being pushed through the hall and past her. Her eyes widened and breathing began to harden. 

 

“Who’s in there?” Hyuna said barely audible but Jiyong caught it. His arms tightened around Hyuna. He bit his lower lip for he was afraid of her reaction. “Who are they carrying away? Let go, Jiyong.” 

 

“Hyuna, this isn’t your fault,” Jiyong reminded. 

 

“Let me go!” Hyuna pushed herself out of Jiyong’s arms. She ripped the IV line out of her arm and started running after the hospital staff. Hyuna didn’t make it far as Jiyong caught up to her. 

 

“Hyuna, don’t!” Jiyong shouted. “You ripped out your IV, that’s an open wound. You’re bleeding.” 

 

“I don’t care,” Hyuna said. “It’s him, isn’t it? He’s dead, Jiyong. He’s dead. Oh my God... what am I... how am I... what do I...” 

 

“It’s not your fault!” Jiyong didn’t know what else he could say to make Hyuna understand. “Jaejoong did this to himself! You had nothing to do with this.” 

 

“No... I can’t.” Hyuna felt like she could barely breath. “Ji... Jiyong?” She was gasping for air. Her hands weakly held onto Jiyong’s arms before falling to her knees. 

 

“Somebody help!” Jiyong shouted. 

 

Nurses and doctors hurried to Hyuna’s side. They rushed her back into her hospital room. Luckily it wasn’t anything serious. There were too many emotions running through Hyuna’s mind, too many thoughts to process. 

 

After settling Hyuna down, she was able to rest and sleep comfortably. 

 

“And who are you?” The doctor asked.

 

“I’m her ex-husband,” Jiyong answered. The word ‘ex-husband’ was hard to spit out. 

 

“I’m Dr. Heo. Well her panic attack was a cause of stress and overwhelming emotions. It’s late now so you might as well be leaving.” 

 

“Dr. Heo, Jaejoong...” 

 

Dr. Heo looked down with a sigh. “Mr. Kim, unfortunately passed. We don’t know the full story but we’re investigating as closely as we can. His fiancé was in the room when the medical staff went in. He was found dead at the scene. I’m sorry, Mr. Kwon.” 

 

“You know me?” Jiyong asked. 

 

“Of course. You gave me Hyuna’s resignation letter and took her from my office remember?” Jiyong looked down embarrassed. “Also, I remember all my patients. You were Hyuna’s favorite.” 

 

“I don’t understand...” 

 

“Who do you think looked after you those years you were in a coma?” 

 

Jiyong’s eyes widened with tears of those memories. He quickly turned to Hyuna’s sleeping form. All those years ago he knew nothing. He woke up from the hospital and went home. Hyuna wasn’t there. She wasn’t... she couldn’t have been. 

 

“Hyuna didn’t give up on you,” Dr. Heo continued. “She believed you were gonna make it, that you would live and she was right. She wasn’t there to see you wake up and leave but she was happy to hear that you were awake. Everyday she looked after you, Mr. Kwon.” With those last words, Dr. Heo left the room. 

 

Jiyong bent down to Hyuna at her bedside. He took her hand into his. “Is it true?” His face leaned closer to Hyuna’s lips. “Did you know who I was before I met you?” His voice was soft and gentle, soothing to the silent air. “Rest now and wake soon, I’ll be here when you do.” He gently placed his lips onto Hyuna’s. 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Not edited. After reading some comments I forced myself to write this chapter. Motivation lol. I know, I know, another character death. There’s going to be more so don’t get annoyed yet. SPOILER. I miss writing but I’m so busy. As I promised I will finish this story. I might also add onto this chapter because I feel it’s a bit short. I’ll let you guys know.