Chapter 15

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 15

The wedding march sounded through out the venue. The music rung loud in Hyuna's ears. It matched the rhythm of her heart right about now as she stared at the double white doors which were about to open any second. 

A deep breath escaped her lips as she heard the door open. Her eyes fluttered and she felt the drop of her stomach. Her heart told her to walk down the aisle but her brain was telling her to stay.

The white sparkly laced heels tapped with every step taken down the long aisle. Hyuna gripped tightly and nervously onto her father's arm. She reminded herself every second to breathe calmly. 

After her last deep breath, her eyes flicked up. Waiting for her at the altar was her husband to be. A small smile crept on her lips and suddenly the nervousness went away. 

Her arm slipped out of her father's once they've reached the altar. Hyuna smiled brightly at her groom who returned the smile. 

"Do you take Hyuna to be your lawfully wedded wife?" 

Hyuna held her breath as she looked into Jiyong's eyes. She was waiting for him to say those two words. When he didn't, Hyuna's face faltered. 

Jiyong's expression had changed. He looked angry and disgusted.

Horror reflected in Hyuna's eyes as well as confusion. Why? 

"No." 

Humiliation was setting in on Hyuna. She saw the terrified looks on the faces of her family even Eunju. Her lips mouthed an apology to them all. 

"Why? Because I don't love you." 

Hyuna was about to speak until a woman walked up beside Jiyong and took a hold of his arm. 

Hyuna's mouth fell ajar and the bouquet she had been holding slipped from her hands. Her eyes could not believe what she was seeing. 

Jiyong turned to press a kiss onto the woman's forehead. He smirked afterwards returning his eyes back to a horrified Hyuna. 

The woman smiled greedily through her lips. She hung onto Jiyong tightly, claiming what was rightfully hers. 

Tears began pooling out of Hyuna's eyes. She just stood there unable to fathom the truth even though it was right in front of her. The woman holding onto Jiyong looked exactly like her. 

"I believe you are standing in my place."

"Jiyong?" Hyuna weakly cried in a desperate plea. 

Hyuna gasped wanting to rid the feeling of last night's nightmare. But it was haunting her even until now. It was like she couldn't stop thinking about it. Nothing could distract her from going back to that dream. 

Perhaps it won't be a dream. It could be reality. 

The dark circles beneath her eyes indicated to the makeup artists and hair stylists that she had gotten no sleep. They joked saying it was probably just wedding jitters. It was completely normal. They had no idea how much Hyuna feared her nightmare just may come true.

As the bell rung from the bell tower, guests have begun to gather for the ceremony. There were many of them, families and friends most of whom were from Jiyong's side. 

Hyuna watched on from the top of the balcony window as each guest arrived dressed in festive colors for the wedding. All wore a smile unaware of how she really felt about his whole ordeal. 

The entire morning was spent perfecting her hair and makeup. Eunju made sure to have Hyuna and Jiyong separated during this time. But still Hyuna only thought about her dream.

"Hyuna?" Gayoon said entering the room. Hyuna turned around slowly with a small welcoming smile. "The dress has arrived." Gayoon hung the dress onto the coat rack. 

"I assume the bridesmaids dresses have arrived as well," Hyuna said. "You look beautiful, Gayoon." 

"Hey, today's not about me. It's about you, remember? And besides no one can go wrong with champagne dresses. Thank you." 

The twisting of the doorknob was heard inside the room. The both of them turned their attention to the door. 

Sohyun walked in holding a gift wrapped in her hands. "I just wanted to say congratulations to my big sister. If you don't mind Gayoon, I'd like a word with my sister." 

Gayoon nodded and left the door, shutting the door behind her. 

"Thank you for doing this, Hyuna," Sohyun said setting the gift aside. "You must love me a lot to give yourself away to another man for the rest of your life."

"Sohyun---" 

"I'm not finished," Sohyun said. "I'm sorry you're marrying Jiyong because of me. But you understand why, don't you?" 

Hyuna only nodded bitterly as she stared into her sister's eyes. 

Sohyun walked forward and embraced Hyuna with a hug. "You look beautiful. Someday I hope I get to be where you are today." 

"You will," Hyuna assured. "And I'll be here for you when it happens." 

"You're not mad at me?" Sohyun asked.

Without shedding tears, Hyuna shook her head. "I was never angry with you, Sohyun." 

Sohyun nodded slightly. She turned towards the clothing rack and took the dress. "Come on let's see it." 

***

Jiyong sat forward with his chin resting upon his fingers. His mind ran with a thousand thoughts. All of which made him feel uneasy. 

Seven days passed so fast. In those seven days he kept telling himself not to worry. Yet there's this strange feeling that kept haunting him. 

He wouldn't back out no matter what happens. That was a promise he made. True to his word, it was not meant to be broken.

As he made his way down the steps of the ceremony's venue, he could sense all eyes on him. At this very moment, it all seemed real. 

Jiyong took a breath before stepping forward and making his way down the aisle. He looked confident, the perfect groom but all that was only shown on the outside. Inside, he felt like a wreck. He wanted to feel as numb as possible at the moment. Today is the day he had been waiting so long for. 

As he stood at the altar with his cold poker face, his heart beat loudly against his chest. He could feel it pounding at his rib cage. But all that subsided when the melodic music began playing.

In a moment, his bride would be walking down that aisle.

***

Zico finished buttoning the last few buttons of his white button up shirt. He smirked at himself in the mirror, admiring the way he looked. If all went his way, there would be no wedding at all.

Jiyoon walked into the room, confused as to why Zico was all dressed up. Her eyes kept staring at him, not that he noticed. "Where are you going?" 

Zico turned around with a small smile forming on his lips. "I have a wedding to crash babe." 

"You're not talking about Jiyong and Hyuna's are you?" Jiyoon asked. 

"Relax babe," Zico said pulling Jiyoon in for a kiss. "I was only joking. Besides I want to witness this." 

Jiyoon pouted. "If I wasn't busy, I'd come too. But I sent them gifts and my best wishes already." 

Zico hummed at the response. "I have to go now. Wouldn't want to be late." 

"Be safe!" Jiyoon shouted at the door just before it shut.

---

Hyeona finished applying the last coat of red lipgloss on her lips. A mischievous smirk crossed her lips as she looked at her own reflection. There was a plan in her head. A plan that she would not let fail for sure.  

"You look hot," Jihyun complimented. Her expression didn't match the words that first came out of . "But... uh... isn't that a little too disrespectful to show up in a white gown to your sister's wedding?" 

Hyeona scoffed, flaunting her body in the short white dress she wore. "It won't be Hyuna's wedding I'm attending. She'll be attending mine." 

"Right..." Jihyun nervously chuckled. "How do you think everyone will react when you barge into the ceremony?" 

"I could care less what people think," Hyeona said. "They're there for me not Hyuna. I'm sure it'll be a great surprise."

Hyeona modeled in front of the mirror, enjoying herself at the moment. She couldn't wait to finally meet her sister. Most of all she could not wait to see the look on her father's face. 

The wedding was the talk of the city. Hyeona found out everything from the time and venue of the wedding. She knew when exactly to strike.

Hyeona and Jihyun hurried into the car with Hyeona in the driver's seat. 

No matter what, Hyeona must stop that wedding. Once Jiyong sees her, he will call it off. There was no mistaking the blonde hair and red lips. 

Time was going accordingly. That was until a man came into Hyeona's sight. 

"Isn't that Zico?" Jihyun asked in surprise.

Hyeona's eyes glared at the man. Seeing him again after so long only refueled the anger and betrayal she felt from when he gave her away. Suddenly her mind was no longer thinking straight as she charged straight at him.

"Hyeona, what are you doing?" Jihyun asked holding onto her seat for dear life. "Hyeona, stop!" 

It was like Hyeona was possessed. She couldn't stop herself. Hyeona was only brought back when Zico's body tumbled over the car. She quickly hit the brakes after what she had done. 

Jihyun turned back, panicked at the realization that they just ran over a human being. She reached for the door handle but Hyeona pulled her hand away.

"No!" Hyeona said. "We can't get out!" 

Jihyun looked confused and scared. "We just hit Zico! What do you mean? We have to check up on him!" 

Hyeona looked around and there was no one in sight. No witnesses to the scene. She looked back at Zico's body on the street. 

"Damn it!" Hyeona rushed out of the car and checked on Zico's body. She examined his body parts and face. A few scratches and some bruising were settling in on his skin. When Zico groaned, Hyeona backed away coldly. 

"Is he dead?" 

Hyeona stood up. "He's lucky he's not dead. Bastard." She bent back down and whispered into his ear, "Miss me? You ruined everything today. I'll let you live." 

"Hyeona..." Jihyun said as she saw a car approaching from a far.

Hyeona blew a farewell kiss. She stared at the oncoming car. "Well here comes your rescue, babe. Let's get going. We have a wedding to get to." 

"Forget the wedding, Hyeona!" Jihyun said. "We need to get out of here!" 

Jihyun took control of the driver's seat and Hyeona defeatedly sat in the passenger's seat. 

"We can still make it, Jihyun," Hyeona said.

"We just ran over Zico!" Jihyun said. 

"He deserved it for what he did to us!" 

Jihyun looked at the time and sighed. "We've already missed the ceremony. By now Jiyong and your sister are probably husband and wife." 

"I don't care, I'm still going." 

Just then from behind them came an ambulance rushing. Jihyun slowed down then came to a complete stop. Following the ambulance were police cars. Both woman felt scared even if Hyeona's face didn't show it.

Jihyun slowly turned to face Hyeona. There was fear written in her eyes even if her expression wouldn't show it. Jihyun placed both hands onto Hyeona's arm shaking her. "What do we do? What if he saw us?"

"We'll leave town for a few days," Hyeona said. "He didn't see us, I'm sure. After I will come back and take what's rightfully mine." 

"Agreed." 

And together the two drove off, running away from everything.

***

Hyuna hand one hand over the other placed onto the left side of her chest. She was slightly bent over trying her best to breathe. 

She didn't know if she could do this. Well she had to do this. It was only a matter of will she be able to walk down the aisle in one piece.

A hand was placed onto Hyuna's shoulder. Her head turned upwards, looking at the man with a nervous face.

"Father..."

Seungsung smiled softly at Hyuna. "Are you ready?" 

Hyuna inhaled then exhaled deeply. She walked over to Seungsung's side and took his arm in her own. She held onto him securely wanting him to know what she didn't want him to let her go. Not just yet. 

"I'm ready as I'll ever be," Hyuna lied. 

Her father's hand reached for the bouquet and passed it into her hands. After Hyuna hand a full grip on the flowers, Seungsung rested his hand on top of hers.

The music came on cue and Hyuna breathed shakily. Her eyes closed, not ready to see everyone's faces. 

"Don't let me fall," Hyuna said.

"Never," Seungsung assured. 

The doors opened slowly revealing the beautiful decorations of the ceremony. Hyuna slowly looked up, frozen in place. She couldn't do this. She really couldn't. But when her father took the first step, Hyuna followed. 

All guests rose as she entered. Everyone's eyes were on her but Hyuna could only see one person. Jiyong.

His dark eyes stared at her with a expression unreadable. Suddenly it felt like all the air in the lungs have been drawn out of her body. Breathless, Hyuna continued walking keeping her eyes only locked with Jiyong's.

Jiyong's features softened, allowing emotions to reveal on his face. His hand held out for hers. Hesitantly, Hyuna reached for him and before she knew it, she was standing in front of Jiyong with all their guests watching.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to witness the union of Kwon Jiyong and Kim Hyuna..." 

Her brown eyes only kept staring into Jiyong's as all words faded out. Her hands were held in Jiyong's with their fingers intertwined. She could feel his fingers brushing along side hers softly. Hyuna was sure he was trying to calm her down by doing this. 

Hyuna's eyes fell when she felt her cheeks heating up. A slight blush of pink enhanced her features. A small smile formed on her face when she noticed Jiyong was smiling down on her. But all that disappeared when reality cruelly hit her. 

The dream she had. Hyuna was lost in her thoughts, she was unaware that she was trying to pull away from Jiyong. His grip became stronger and knocked her out of her thoughts. She looked up at him with frightened eyes. There was this heavy feeling in her heart again. 

Jiyong didn't understand. But he knew he wasn't gonna let her go now. Everything was going to be fine. 

"I, Kwon Jiyong take you Kim Hyuna to have and to hold..."

"For better, for worse..."

"For richer, for poorer..."

"In sickness and in health..."

Jiyong's expression sunk a bit and Hyuna didn't fail to see the hurt in his eyes upon speaking the next words. "To love..." 

"To cherish..."

"For as long as we both shall live," they both spoke simultaneously.

"I do." 

"I do."

Jiyong saw the fear run cold through Hyuna's eyes. He brushed his thumbs along her rosy cheeks and brought their lips together. It was a slow kiss. Slow but passionate. For Jiyong it was at least. The kiss made him feel like they were the only two in the room. It was only them and their forever. 


A/N: Not edited. Written on my phone. Comment, subscribe, upvote.