Chapter 10

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 10

 

Hyuna sat near her window, hugging both knees close to her chest. Tears slid down her cheeks from her wet eyes. She could not understand why she was put into this position but her heart was aching and she felt it deeply in her chest. She kept her sobs quiet so if her father walked by he wouldn’t worry about her.

 

The marriage was on but not for the reason everyone thought. Hyuna changed her mind and everyone was shocked as to why. She didn’t want this but she had to. She truly never wanted this to happen.

 

Hyuna returned from dinner after being dropped off by Gayoon. Heading towards the front door, Hyuna noticed her parent’s car was gone. Everything that happened earlier still ran through her mind. She was exhausted from thinking about it. Hyuna entered the house and went straight to her bedroom. When she opened the door she didn’t expect to see Sohyun sitting on her bed.

 

“Sohyun…” Hyuna said entering the room slowly. Her head was down and Hyuna could tell something was wrong with her. Once again she said, “Sohyun…” Sohyun looked up with teary eyes. Her face was stained in dried tear streaks from earlier. “Sohyun, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

 

Without a word, Sohyun rushed to Hyuna and slapped her. The slap took Hyuna by surprise. She turned back to Sohyun, holding onto the cheek that was slapped. The look on Hyuna’s face made Sohyun happy for the moment.

 

“You were running late this morning, huh?” Sohyun said. “How could you?”

 

Hyuna shook her head not understanding what her sister was saying. “What are you talking about?”

 

Sohyun angrily pushed Hyuna away. “You met up with Jihoon! I saw with my own eyes! How could you? You know how much I love him!”

 

Hyuna tried to reach out to Sohyun but she stepped further away not wanting to be comforted. Hyuna could see that she was hurt but everything was just a big misunderstanding.

 

“It’s not what you think,” Hyuna said.

 

“Don’t lie to me! I saw it with my own eyes! You’re trying to steal him from me!”

 

“I would never—”

 

“You’re lying!” Sohyun accused angrily. “Kwon Jiyong asked for your hand in marriage. Any girl would be lucky and happy to be you but you turned him down. Why?” Sohyun eyes darkened. “Because you want to steal my man!”

 

“That’s not the reason why I won’t marry him!” Hyuna cried. “Please, Sohyun, if you don’t believe me ask Jihoon yourself!”

 

“So he can lie to me too? No thanks. Your betrayal hurt me enough. I never expected you to be this kind of person.”

 

“What can I do to prove to you that I’m not lying?” Hyuna asked.

 

Sohyun smirked. She knew exactly what she wanted. “Marry Jiyong.”

 

“I can’t.”

 

Sohyun scoffed, rolling her eyes. “Why won’t you marry him?”

 

“I don’t love him,” Hyuna said. “He doesn’t love me. Why would I want to be in a loveless marriage?”

 

“But you’ve fallen for Jihoon. You want him for yourself.”

 

Hyuna didn’t know what else to say for Sohyun to understand. What she saw was nothing. There really is nothing going on between them.

 

“I already told you I don’t love Jihoon. Why don’t you believe me?”

 

Sohyun reached into her back pocket and Hyuna’s eyes traveled down where her hand was. She looked back up at Sohyun with a confused look.

 

From behind, Sohyun pulled out a pocket knife. She held it out, showing it off to Hyuna. Hyuna gasped, stepping closer to Sohyun but Sohyun stepped back holding the knife to her wrist.

 

“Don’t do this!” Hyuna begged. “You don’t have to do this, Sohyun! Think about our father and Jung-Hwa. Why would you do this?”

 

“I do,” Sohyun said. “If I don’t have Jihoon, I don’t want to live. You’ll be happy if I’m out of the picture so why stop me? Mom and dad wouldn’t blame you. It won’t matter.”

 

“No! Please, Sohyun calm down.”

 

“Is my death enough to prove how much I love Jihoon?”

 

Hyuna felt the tears pricking the rims of her eyes. She bit her lip before tackling Sohyun to the ground. Her hand fought for the knife but Sohyun fought back. Screams and cries were echoing inside the room from both sisters. Sohyun pushed Hyuna off, quickly getting to her feet. When Hyuna looked up, Sohyun held the knife to her neck.

 

“I’ll marry him!” Hyuna screamed.

 

“What did you say?” Sohyun asked slowly lowering the knife.

 

“I’ll marry Jiyong.”

 

Sohyun dropped the knife, slowly walking up to Hyuna who had dropped down to her knees helplessly. There was no expression on her face just tears running down. Sohyun smirked. She held Hyuna’s face in her hand and lifted her head to look her in the eyes.

 

“Thank you, Hyuna.”

 

There was a knock at the door and Hyuna was drawn back from her thoughts. She quickly wiped away her tears and turned over her shoulder. She could see a shadow from beneath the door on the other side.

 

“Come in,” Hyuna said trying hard not to sound like she had been sobbing her heart out. She turned back towards the window.

 

Seungsung walked in, quietly closing the door behind him. He saw his daughter near the window. She didn’t give him a glance. He looked to the floor shaking his head before making his way towards Hyuna.

 

“Hyuna…”

 

“I’m ok,” Hyuna lied.

 

Seungsung sighed taking a seat beside Hyuna. “What are you thinking about?”

 

“Nothing,” Hyuna sniffled.

 

“Hyuna… every parent wants their child to be able to be with someone who can love and protect them forever. I believe Jiyong is that man.” Hyuna looked to Seungsung with teary eyes. “Before Hyun Suk passed, he told me about his son. I always knew I wanted my daughters to be with a man like that.” Seungsung paused taking in a breath. “I trust my daughter and the choices she makes. I just hope you’ll be happy with this decision. For whatever reason that made you change your mind, I just hope that it was what you wanted.”

 

Hyuna crawled over to her father and wrapped her arms around his neck. She cried into his chest. Seungsung held his daughter, trying his best to comfort her.

 

“Thank you, father,” Hyuna cried.

 

***

 

Jiyong paced back and forth grunting in frustration. He wasn’t in his right of mind at the moment. All he could think about was Hyuna. Why the hell was she always in his thoughts? Why was she always controlling him? Why did he allow it? He snapped his neck towards Teddy who stood near the balcony with a cigarette in hand.

 

“What’s her reason?” Jiyong demanded.

 

“There was no explanation given,” Teddy answered with a puff of smoke. “I only delivered the message I was received.”

 

“Jiyong, please calm down,” Eunju said. “I’m sure there was a reason for her decision. I did tell her to reconsider it.”

 

For a second Jiyong let himself breathe but he felt suffocated still. He couldn’t stop himself right now. So many things began running through his mind. He wanted to see her now. He felt that he deserved an explanation after being rejected.

 

Jiyong stormed off without listening to a word his mother was saying. He didn’t want anyone to stop him or go after him. This was between him and Hyuna.

 

He stopped his car in the streets of Seoul at the intersection. With all the cars passing by he wondered why his eyes were able to catch sight of a familiar blonde in a red trench coat. His eyes followed her movements across the street. This can’t be real.

 

I need to stop fooling myself.

 

But suddenly as the light turned green, Jiyong took a sharp turn and parked wherever they allowed him to. He hurried out of the car and went the direction of the familiar blonde. The hair color it must be the street lights, right? That’s the only explanation, right? He couldn’t explain it though. This time he was completely sober. Pushing his way through people, he could see the familiar woman not so far from him. He tried harder to reach her but the amount of people surrounding him grew.

 

“Hyuna!”

 

Hyeona froze upon hearing that voice. She bit her lip and rolled her eyes, internally praying that it wasn’t who she thought it was. Then again she heard him call that name. Hyeona knew better than to look back so she continued further.

 

“Hyuna!” Jiyong shouted once again. This time there was anger laced in his voice. He knew that she heard him yet she chose to ignore him. His body began pushing those around him gently. Until one push was a bit too harsh. He heard the woman hiss in pain. Jiyong stopped to turn back and his breath was caught in his throat.

 

Hyeona turned from afar and saw Jiyong with another woman dressed in the exact same red trench coat as her. She smirked at her opportunity to get away. Funny, three years ago things were so different but she couldn’t help but wonder why he was here. Had he followed her? It doesn’t matter now. She pulled the hoodie of her trench coat over her head and continued walking.

 

Hyuna looked up at Jiyong, surprise written in her eyes. Hyuna hugged the sleeve of her red trench coat after feeling the rain fall. It was getting colder but she thought that was probably because of Jiyong’s presence. She quickly turned away but Jiyong grabbed her hand and began leading her to his car.

 

“Jiyong…” Hyuna said. “What are you doing?”

 

“Don’t speak,” Jiyong demanded as he opened the door for Hyuna.

 

“No,” Hyuna said.

 

“Get in the damn car.”

 

“No,” Hyuna said again more firmly.

 

The rain began pouring down yet the both of them continued to stare each other down. It seemed as if everything around them had stopped and they were the only two.

 

“We need to talk,” Jiyong said. “Let’s go.”

 

“I’m not going anywhere with you.”

 

Jiyong forcefully shoved Hyuna into the car, buckling her in and ignoring her protests. Hyuna leaned back into the seat, shifting into a more comfortable position as Jiyong climbed into the driver’s side.

 

As soon as he got in, Jiyong drove off with the heavy rain, blinding his view. Besides the hard rain pounding on the window there was silence in the car. His eyes glanced over to Hyuna whose back was faced to him. Her red hood was put over her head. Jiyong could barely see her reflection from the window but he knew she wasn’t asleep.

 

Jiyong groaned angrily, pulling over. “It’s raining too hard. I can’t see. It’s better if we stop until the rain does.” There was no response from Hyuna. Jiyong grabbed her by the shoulder turning her over to face him. “Why?”

 

Hyuna looked at him tiredly. Her eyes were puffy telling him that she had been crying. Not with him, no but she had.

 

“You said we needed to talk,” Hyuna spoke softly.

 

“I deserve explanations,” Jiyong said. He hadn’t meant for the words to come out as angrily as they did.

 

Hyuna lifted her head up high, meeting eyes with Jiyong with just as much fury now. “And you don’t think I deserve answers?” Jiyong’s face contorted with confusion. “You came into my life and now everything has changed. Trust me when I say this… I didn’t want this. Any of it.”

 

“You’re seriously trying to piss me off,” Jiyong said. “When we first met, what did you take me as, huh? A love sick fool?”

 

“When we first met?” How did we meet, Jiyong? That night you were drunk on the streets, I remember.”

 

“Are you playing dumb?”

 

Hyuna shook her head. “I’m telling you, I’m not the girl you’re looking for. These things that you accuse me of… They’re hurtful. You don’t know when enough is enough.”

 

“I do know,” Jiyong said. “And enough is enough. You’re mine forever, Kim Hyuna.”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Not edited. Sorry it took so long. Been working more, school started again and life you know.