Chapter 16

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 16

 

The night after the wedding had finished, Hyuna found herself inside Jiyong's bedroom. She stared at her reflection longer than she thought because she didn't even see or notice that her father had walked in. 

 

Her eyes widened when his reflection moved. It captured her attention, making her turn back towards him.

 

"Father..." Hyuna said getting up. 

 

"You don't have to," Seungsung started stopping Hyuna before she could take a step. "I'm only here for a moment then I'll be leaving." 

 

"Is there something you wanted to say to me?" Hyuna asked.

 

A sigh left her father's lips. He placed a hand onto her cheek and smiled down at her. It was a warm smile. Hyuna can see it in her father's eyes. There was a glint of sadness. 

 

"I just came to tell you I want you to be happy. No matter what happens, you will always have me still. Jiyong, I trust, will never hurt you intentionally. I can see it in the way he looks at you that he really loves you." 

 

Hyuna shot up throwing her arms around her father. "There will never be anyone who can replace you. There will never be another man I can love more than you father. Thank you for everything." 

 

"I must go now," Seungsung said. "Your husband is waiting and I don't want to keep him waiting any longer." 

 

With those last few words, Hyuna watched her father leave out the door. It wasn't goodbye forever but it felt as if she had let a part of herself go. A new chapter of her life had just begun and it was scary to think how it would go and how it may end.

 

Jiyong entered as soon as her father's silhouette disappeared. He closed the door behind him and made his way to his still wife. 

 

Hyuna's eyes fell to her feet, unable to meet with Jiyong's eyes. She only looked into them when Jiyong gently lifted her chin up. 

 

Jiyong leaned in close, too close for comfort so Hyuna tilted her head away. 

 

"Don't," Hyuna said. 

 

A scoff left Jiyong's lips. "I really thought you were going to leave me at the altar." His arms s their ways around her body. "Are you regretting it now?" 

 

"How would you like me to answer?" Hyuna asked staring at Jiyong with a straight face. Jiyong removed his arms and took a step back. "Do you really want to hear it?" 

 

"What's done is done," Jiyong said without giving Hyuna a look. "Whether you like it or not, we're husband and wife. Until death do us part. Remember that, Hyuna." 

 

"How can I forget when you're the reminder?" Hyuna spat back. 

 

Jiyong's lips tugged into a smirk. He waltzed over to Hyuna, forcing her up from the seat. Hyuna squirmed trying to keep her distance, but Jiyong pulled her closer. 

 

"It's good you know," Jiyong said. "I don't like sharing what's mine." He gripped on tightly to Hyuna's left hand, intertwining their fingers together. and looked directly at the wedding ring. "So whatever you did before and with whomever, I'm willing to forgive it all because if anyone tries to come between us, I'll end them." 

 

Out of fear, Hyuna spoke up, "There's one else." That much is true. 

 

A smile crossed, Jiyong's lips this time before he captured Hyuna's. Hyuna's eyes widened at the sudden kiss. She pulled away quickly and ran, locking herself inside the bathroom. Her heart was beating fast against her chest. She could feel the heat radiating off her cheeks. 

 

Jiyong knocked on the door. "It's our first night as husband and wife. Don't keep me waiting." The chuckle at the of the sentence made Hyuna shudder in disgust. For now as long as she was on this side of the door, she was safe. Jiyong wouldn't think of doing anything to her, would he? 

 

Then the kiss came back to her mind. Her fingers made their way to her lips. She could feel Jiyong's kiss still lingering on her lips.

 

Hyuna leaned onto the door listening closely for any sign of Jiyong on the other side. But there was nothing. She backed away slowly. Whatever it was Jiyong had planned or thought of, Hyuna didn't want any part of it. Not tonight, not ever. 

 

***

 

The monitors beeped quietly and slowly inside the dark room of the hospital. 

 

Zico's finger began moving, due to him finally regaining his strength after who knows how long. His eyes opened and when he heard the beeping monitors, he realized where he was. 

 

In a panic, Zico tried to get off the hospital bed but his body was still in much pain. His eyes widened in fear when he saw someone by his side. 

 

"Zico?" His felt more at ease after hearing who the voice belonged to. "You're awake." Jiyoon grabbed his hand and held it to her cheek. "I was so scared that I lost you. What happened? Do you remember?" 

 

Did he remember? Zico barely knew the answer to that question himself. His mind tried to remember the reason that put him in here in the first place.

 

Zico groaned as the memory of the car striking him head on came back. He felt the pain again as if he was reliving it. He remembered the car but he couldn't focus on the driver of the vehicle. Everything went black after that.

 

"They hit me," Zico grunted. 

 

"Who?" Jiyoon said. "Who hit you?" 

 

"I don't know!" Zico shouted. He didn't mean to lose his temper but him being in the hospital was not something he wanted. Whoever it was that ran him over ruined his plans. Whoever it was, he loathed for doing this to him. "Get me out of here!" 

 

Jiyoon backed away. "Listen you've just been a victim of a hit and run. You're hurt for goodness sake. Just calm down until everything is figured out. So far there are no witnesses and the police have not gotten any leads on who did it. So for the time being you need to rest until you're better." 

 

Zico shook his head. "No, I need to get out of here. I don't care about who did this to me." It was a lie. He did care but for now all he wanted was to leave. "Please Jiyoon, tell them to discharge me. I promise I'm fine." 

 

Jiyoon let out a scoff. "No. I care for your health and safety. You almost died, don't you understand? Now sleep, I'll be here when you wake up. I won't leave your side." 

 

Zico saw the look in Jiyoon's eyes. He hated to admit it but she was right. So he gave in. He turned to his side and closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again. Outside the window the full moon lit up the sky. Zico now only wanted to know who did this to him. 

 

***

 

Hyeona and Jihyun ran into their motel room fast, locking the door behind them. After making sure it was secure the two runaways made their way to the separate beds.

 

Jihyun let out a sigh of relief. Her hand was held up against her chest as if she was about to have a heart attack any second now, which could have happened. 

 

Hyeona slumped against the bed. Her lips formed a smirk and a chuckle emitted from . The chuckle turned into a laugh. 

 

Jihyun groaned. "What's so funny, Hyeona? Do you find this funny? Because I don't." 

 

"My sister just stole my husband," Hyeona said. "How do you think I'd react? Zico got what he deserved so yeah, Jihyun, I think this is very funny." 

 

Jihyun threw herself back onto her bed. She loves Hyeona but at times she couldn't understand her mind. Hyeona is always like this, she told herself, but she had never tried to kill someone before. Maybe that was something, Jihyun was t so sure of. What Hyeona was capable of doing. She sighed before speaking again. 

 

"I believe we're far enough," Jihyun said. "How are you so calm about everything that just happened?" 

 

Hyeona sat up from her bed. "Because my dear, Jihyun, I'm Kim Hyeona and I'm a survivor. Sometimes it's better to act like you don't have a heart." Hyeona's eyes traveled to the digital clock on the nightstand. It wasn't too late for a couple of drinks. "Let's hit the bar across the street. I could use a drink or two after everything today." 

 

Jihyun yawned, stretching out her arms. "I'm gonna pass, Hyeona. I just want to sleep after everything. Right now I just want to get out of this dress. Besides we don't have much money left when we bought the extra set of clothes and paid for the motel. We have to save what we have for food and we need gas money to get back too."

 

"Alright buzz kill," Hyeona said. "Just one drink I promise. Then I'll be back." 

 

Hyeona left the confines of the motel room. She made her way across the street where a bar stood open. When she entered, every man looked in her direction. It was then she realized why they were all staring at her. She still hadn't changed out of her "wedding dress." She ignored the stares and made her way over to the bar, taking a seat. 

 

"What can I get for you?" The bartender asked. 

 

"A bottle of soju," Hyeona said sending the bartender away but before he could take a step Hyeona took a hold of his arm. "And a cigarette." He quickly pulled one out of his shirt pocket. Hyeona opened , allowing the bartender to place it in. Her teeth held the cigarette steady until the bartender lit it up. "Now about that soju." 

 

"Rough day?" 

 

Hyeona's eyes rolled at the husky sound of the stranger's voice. She planned to ignore him, that was until he forced her around by turning her chair. It took a few seconds for Hyeona to take in the gorgeous blonde in front of her.

 

"Try rough life," Hyeona corrected before pushing the blonde stranger away from her. 

 

The stranger turned her around again, this time stealing Hyeona's cigarette and placing it between his own lips. His eyes threw her a look, challenging her to take it back if she wanted it. 

 

"One soju, anything else?" The bartender said. Hyeona's eyes kept glued with the stranger's. 

 

"Yeah another cigar," she answered, holding out her hand. 

 

The stranger chuckled, blowing out the smoke. "I'm guessing you got left at the altar or the man you loved just married another woman." 

 

"Mmm... you're good," Hyeona mused. "What gave it away? The dress?" 

 

The stranger let out a chuckle. "Jaejoong. You?" 

 

Hyeona blew out a puff of smoke then sighed in annoyance. Usually she found these guys fun to play with but tonight she was very irritated. "Hyuna." 

 

"If you need to forget, I could help you," Jaejoong offered. 

 

Hyeona's brow raised at the sudden sentence. She turned to face the man, leaning in close to his face. So close her lips almost grazed his. 

 

"How so?" 

 

***

 

After removing his suit and changing into a more comfortable set of clothes, Jiyong noticed that Hyuna had not left the bathroom yet. 

 

He made his way over knocking on the door lightly. "Hyuna?" He called. There was no answer. It's been a while, so instead of waiting any longer, Jiyong took the spare key he had and unlocked the door himself. 

 

Walking inside, he found Hyuna's body leaning against the side of the bathtub as she sat on the bathroom floor. 

 

A smirk formed on Jiyong's face. "You'd rather sleep in the bathroom, huh?" He shook his head in amusement to his wife's sleeping position. 

 

Jiyong bent down to Hyuna's level and brushed her cheek with his fingers. He didn't even think twice about waking her up. He picked her body up into his arms and carried her back to the bed, where he placed her down gently on her side of the bed. 

 

It must have been tiring. The entire day was tiring actually. But today Jiyong was the happiest man alive. Everything, Hyuna, her, just her, made this day worth while. He had her and he would never let her go. The woman he loves most. Kim Hyuna. 

 

Jiyong pulled Hyuna closer, holding her in his arms. His eyes stared at her sleeping face with a genuine smile. He placed a kiss onto her forehead. 

 

"Sweet dreams, my love." 

 

Suddenly Jiyong felt something wet soaking his shirt. He opened his eyes and saw tears falling from Hyuna's sealed eyes. 

 

"Hyuna?" Jiyong said. "What's wrong?" It was as if Hyuna couldn't hear him. "Hyuna?

 

Jiyong wiped away her tears with a brush of his thumb. Her body was trembling slightly and he held her tight against his body. "It's ok. I'm right here. I'm here, Hyuna." 

 

"Ji... Jiyong..." Hyuna cried. 

 

"Hyuna..." 

 

"I'm sorry." 

 

 

 

A/N: Not edited. Rushed but updated. Written on my phone too. I think it'll be faster that way instead of writing on my laptop. Might add more later when I go back.