Chapter 2

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 2

 

One year later…

 

Jiyong swallowed down another shot of soju. The alcohol affected his body quickly. He was never strong when it came to alcohol. It would take him a bottle or two maybe three or four before he was really drunk. After multiple shots, he lost count.

 

Tonight was a special night for Jiyong. It was the one year anniversary of his awakening. It seemed right that he deserved a drink or two.

 

For the past year he returned home and worked as COO of Kwon Enterprises with his father as the CEO. It was non-stop work for Jiyong. He wanted no distractions. Not after Hyeona. No, he learned his lesson but knew if they were to meet again, he’d fall right back to her.

 

Jiyong smiled at the thought but quickly washed it away with another shot. They would never meet again. It’s been three long years. He didn’t even bother to look for her. He knew she didn’t want to be found. She made it clear that night.

 

He didn’t want to think about her anymore. The past is the past, Jiyong reminded himself. He took another shot then another until he was no longer allowed to be served.

 

“I’m sorry, Jiyong but you’re too drunk,” the female bartender said. “You’ve had enough for one night.”

 

“Sandara… But I—I need m—more,” Jiyong slurred.

 

“Jiyong, you’re always like this,” Sandara said as she wiped the counter.

 

“She broke… broke my heart.”

 

Sandara let out a sigh. “And I’m sorry she did but it’s best if you forget about her.”

 

“I can’t. I’ve tried to. I really did.”

 

“I’m going to call a cab for you. Stay still.” With that warning, Sandara walked away heading to the nearest pay phone in the club.

 

Jiyong rested his head onto the counter keeping his eyes open. The bright lights in the club looked beautiful. He felt like he was dreaming. His body was numb, at least for the moment. It was one of his favorite feelings. He loved feeling nothing at all, yet everything at the same time.

 

Jiyong stood up, stumbling a bit on his own two feet. He shot a look back at Sandara who was still on the phone. He smiled before waving goodbye and making his way toward the exit.

 

He didn’t care for a cab. He would walk home. Jiyong didn’t dare to drive. He didn’t want another accident. Besides he wasn’t that drunk. He’d make it home walking. He needed to clear his mind anyways.

 

***

 

Hyuna set aside the paperwork. Her eyes traveled to the clock hanging on the wall reading the time.

 

2:53 a.m

 

Hyuna let out a small sigh. She began arranging and organizing her desk. It was late again. Another night at the hospital working overtime. Sometimes Hyuna would get too caught up with work and forget the time.

 

After she finished, Hyuna grabbed her purse and jacket then made her way out of her office. She entered the elevator and waited until she landed on the first floor. Once the bell rung, Hyuna exited and walked out of the hospital.

 

It was a rainy night. Hyuna looked both way at the street in front of her. The bright headlights reflected from the rain on the pavement. She was waiting for an unoccupied taxi. There weren’t many people out now that it was late so it would be a while before Hyuna finds one.

 

Just then a body stumbled onto her, pushing her a few steps. Hyuna noticed the man leaning on her body. She quickly took a hold of him and held him steady until he regained his balance.

 

“Excuse me, sir, are you alright?” Hyuna asked.

 

Jiyong kept his head down but his eyes looked up from behind his blonde fringe. They widened when he saw the familiar face.

 

It’s you.

 

“Hyuna…” Jiyong said quietly but Hyuna heard.

 

“How do you know my name?” Hyuna asked frightened, letting go of the stranger.  Jiyong reached out to Hyuna but she moved away.

 

“Hyuna, I’ve found you,” Jiyong said taking a hold of both her wrists. “Where have you been? Why? Why did you leave me like that?” His voice began rising. His tone was becoming angrier with every word spoken. “Did you even love me?”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Hyuna said trying to get Jiyong to release her. The more she struggled, the more painful his grip became. “Ow, you’re hurting me. Please stop, you’re drunk.” She could smell the alcohol off of him. The smell lingered from his warm breath.

 

“Drunk?” Jiyong laughed manically. “Oh, Hyuna, baby, I’m not drunk right now. I’m completely aware of everything.” Hyuna pressed both the palms of her hands to Jiyong’s chest, pushing him off of her.

 

“Don’t touch me!” Hyuna screamed.

 

Jiyong grabbed her and sent them both falling to the ground.

 

“Please, don’t do this,” Hyuna begged. “Let me go.”

 

Jiyong stared innocently at Hyuna. His brown eyes glistened from the lights of the streets. His fingers brushed away Hyuna’s tears. Hyuna’s chest rose and fell with every breath. She kept her eyes on his every child like movements.

 

“I’ve missed you so much,” Jiyong said. “Do you know what it was like to be in a coma for two years?”

 

Hyuna’s eyes widened. The information triggered something in her memory. “You were in a coma for two years?”

 

“Do you know how lonely it was?” Jiyong continued. “Do you know how much I longed for you? I kept hearing your voice in my head. You told me it was my choice to go or to stay. I wanted to go so badly but I didn’t. I stayed because I knew I had to find you.”

 

Hyuna shook her head. “Please you’re drunk, get off me.”

 

Jiyong took Hyuna’s wrists into his hands and pinned them above her head.

 

“Listen to me,” Jiyong growled, making Hyuna cry harder. “One year ago on his very night, I swore that if I ever find you again, I’d keep you mine. You’re only mine, Hyuna. You hate me, right? I hate you too. This will be our punishment.”

 

Hyuna took the remaining strength she had and kicked Jiyong off of her. She desperately clawed her way out of his grip and began running through the cold rain. Jiyong was quick. He caught her in an instant.

 

A scream left Hyuna’s lips as she felt herself being pulled back into Jiyong’s embrace.

 

“You hate me this much?” Jiyong asked. “Do you really hate me?”

 

“Yes! I hate you!” Hyuna screamed out of fear. She figured if he heard those words, he’d let her go.

 

“Fine,” Jiyong said looking at Hyuna. His eyes were darkening from lust and anger. “Then I’ll make you hate me even more.” Jiyong forcefully grabbed Hyuna’s chin and pulled her forward. He cupped her face in his hands and forcefully pressed their lips together.

 

Hyuna’s teary eyes widened. She quickly pushed Jiyong away and brought the palm of her hand to his face. The slap was loud, echoing off the walls and streets.

 

Jiyong’s face turned from the force of the slap. The alcohol must still be in effect. He didn’t feel anything. There was no pain, no sting from the slap. So why is he feeling like this?

 

Noticing, Jiyong was distracted by his thoughts, Hyuna took the opportunity to run off before Jiyong had a chance to look up. She breathed heavily with her heart beating against her chest. She felt like it was going to pound right out of her chest.

 

Jiyong heard the sounds of her heels pounding against the pavement with every step she took. His eyes shot up immediately. “Hyuna!” He started running after her shouting her name. “Hyuna, stop!”

 

Hyuna heard his cries. She was scared. How could this man possibly know her? Yes, she remembered that he was the patient that she had looked after for those two years. Since the day he had awakened and been discharged from the hospital Hyuna never expected to see him again. Ever.

 

Parked on the side of the street, Hyuna spotted a cab. Without any hesitation she reached for the door knob and climbed right in.

 

“Where to miss?” The cab driver asked.

 

“Please just drive now and I’ll tell you on the way,” Hyuna replied frantically.

 

The cab driver didn’t question and followed her order. She looked scared to death as she looked out the back window.

 

“Hyuna!”

 

Jiyong stopped running. He looked around desperately for a cab. A smile crept on his face once he found one. He ran over to it and quickly climbed inside.

 

“Follow that cab ahead,” Jiyong demanded.

 

“What?” The cab driver asked.

 

Reaching into his pocket, Jiyong pulled a large sum of cash and threw it at the cab driver. “Go!”

 

With that done, the cab driver sped off, following Jiyong’s command.

 

“Don’t lose them,” Jiyong warned with a low growl. “Run red lights if you have to. I’ll pay for whatever just don’t lose sight of them.”

 

They followed them for about fifteen minutes. Once Hyuna’s cab came into a residential area, Jiyong had his cab driver slow down. He didn’t want Hyuna to notice.

 

Jiyong opened the door and slammed it shut before the cab driver could comment. He watched as Hyuna climbed out of her cab, smiling sweetly at the driver before he drove off.

 

Jealousy got the best of him. That smile was only meant for him and only him. How could she look at him with such disgust and smile happily at other men?

 

Hyuna turned her back to the front of her house. She reached into her purse for the house keys and took a step inside. Just then a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her tiny waist. Hyuna gasped in fear and was turned around and pinned against the door.

 

Jiyong covered , placing a finger to his own lips. “Shh… Can we talk?” He slowly released his hand from . Hyuna wanted to scream but was afraid to.

 

“Talk? Talk about what? Please you’re scaring me.”

 

“I don’t mean to scare you,” Jiyong said resting his forehead against Hyuna’s. I would never harm you, Hyuna. You know that.”

 

“No, no, I don’t,” Hyuna said. “I’m not the Hyuna you’re looking for.”

 

Jiyong removed himself from Hyuna’s skin. He stared at her face from her eyes to her nose to her lips. “It’s you… Hyuna.”

 

“Get out of my house right now,” Hyuna said. “I will call the police if you don’t.”

 

Jiyong tangled his fingers into Hyuna’s black hair. “You’re hair… you’ve changed it. You’re still beautiful.”

 

Hyuna had enough. She pushed Jiyong off of her and out the door. Her hands reached for the door, trying shut it close but Jiyong was pushing from the other side.

 

“Hyuna, please!”

 

The door was mere centimeters from being closed. Hyuna used all of her strength to keep this stranger out of her house. Once the door clicked shut, Hyuna locked every lock on the door.

 

She could hear the male’s voice from the other side and pounding on the door. She didn’t have to worry. Her parents were gone. But then she did worry because she was alone. Her heart was racing in her chest. She ran off into her bedroom, slamming the door shut. The pounding outside continued but the shouting had stopped.

 

Hyuna slid down the door and held her head in her hands, rubbing at her temples.

 

Little by little as time passed, the pounding became lighter. Then altogether it had just stopped. Even when it did, Hyuna was still afraid. She couldn’t sleep. Her mind kept thinking about that stranger. The stranger who use to be her patient.

 

When morning comes, she’ll wait. She’ll wait for morning light.

 

***

 

Late nights at random bars was where Hyeona liked to spend her time. The music dragged her onto the dance floor where a sea of people danced around her. She moved to the beat of the music, grinding on and groping any man regardless if they were single or not, not that the males minded anyways.

 

Hyeona felt a pair of hands at her waist. She smirked, leaning her hands back and began swaying against the stranger. She felt her body being turned around roughly and met eyes with the male.

 

“Who are you?” He asked.

 

Hyeona smirked at the straightforward introductions. “Tell me your name first, sweetheart.”

 

“Zico.”

 

“Well, Zico, I’m Hyuna.”

 

A/N: Not edited.