Chapter 13

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 13

 

After the break out of the news. Hyeona was restless and Jihyun could tell that the news would not leave Hyeona’s mind. If it was such a big deal why did Hyeona leave Jiyong in the first place? Unless she really did love him to begin with, there would be no reason for Hyeona to act like this.

 

“But wait, weren’t you the one who left Jiyong?”

 

“Shut up,” Hyeona said sending Jihyun a look. “I didn’t leave him. I simply needed space and time to think.”

 

“But you did leave him…”

 

Hyeona shook her head. “No, I didn’t.” She smiled to herself. “At least that’s not what I’m gonna tell him.”

 

“Ok, ok but why did you leave him in the first place, Hyeona? Now all of a sudden you want to return to him. What are you going to say?”

 

Hyeona let out a scoff. She sat back down on the couch, crossing one leg over the other and leaned far back into the cushion “First of all, the Jiyong I met then wasn’t a wealthy heir. He was a normal male I preyed upon to get by. Second of all, I did love him for a short period of time until I realized I needed more to get by. Jiyong didn’t cut it then. Third, I refuse to let Hyuna take the one thing I had first.” Hyeona stood back up and turned away, walking back and forth in the small room. “Kwon Jiyong.” She spat out bitterly. She crossed her arms against her chest with a scoff as she stopped by the window. “Who knew, right?”

 

Jihyun walked over to Hyeona and placed a hand onto her shoulder. Hyeona remained still, staring out into the city. Jihyun could tell by the look on Hyeona’s face that she was very upset but there was something else that she couldn’t make out from her expression.

 

“What are you thinking now?” Jihyun asked.

 

Hyeona bit her lip before turning around to face Jihyun. “I’m thinking, I need a visit to my past.” A dark but playful chuckle came out of Hyeona’s mouth. “Wanna come with me?”

 

“I’m not sure I like where this is going,” Jihyun said. She knew there was no changing Hyeona’s mind now.

 

A fake sweet smile appeared on Hyeona’s lips. She patted Jihyun on the head softly. “Don’t worry. I will take care of this situation and everything will work my way.”

 

“How are you so sure?”

 

“Because I will never let my sister win,” Hyeona gritted through her teeth.

 

“Your sister doesn’t even know of your existence?” Jihyun brought up. “Why do you hate her so much? Maybe if you give her a chance—”

 

“We’re so different,” Hyeona scoffed. “The only thing that we have in similarity is our looks. Other than that we’re like fire and rain.” Hyeona held back the tears. “And you’re right. Hyuna may not know of my existence but that isn’t all her fault. It’s my father’s. He wanted to forget me so badly. He must feel nothing at all but he wakes up every day and sees Hyuna’s face and I probably never even cross his mind. I’m just the forgotten daughter.”

 

***

 

The engagement party ended quite later than expected. Hyuna returned to Jiyong’s room. She sat against the frame of the bed hugging her knees to her chest. Her heart was very heavy in her chest again tonight.

 

When the incident happened with the stranger, Jiyong refused to let Hyuna leave his side the entire night. His hand wrapped around her wrist like handcuffs. She saw the look in his eyes whenever a man looked at her. He was possessive of her and he wasn’t afraid to let anyone know it.

 

The stranger. Zico was his name, she remembered. How did her know her? It was something her mind would not allow her to forget and kept bothering her. In the back of her mind, many questions rose.

 

The door slammed open and Hyuna turned to see Jiyong entering. He slammed it shut in which a loud noise was heard. Jiyong removed his suit, placing it on the bed with a sigh. His eyes looked to Hyuna who immediately turned away.

 

“Why are you so quiet?” Jiyong asked. When Hyuna didn’t give him an answer, he scoffed, ing the cuffs to his dress shirt. “Are you that upset that I took you away from your boyfriend?”

 

“I don’t know him,” Hyuna said defending herself.

 

“Oh, but he knew you,” Jiyong said. “Now who do you think I’ll believe?”

 

“Believe what you want,” Hyuna said, getting off the bed. She walked around the side of the bed, making her way towards the door but Jiyong took a step in front of her. Their eyes met with the same amount of intensity.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Home,” Hyuna simply answered, lightly pushing Jiyong to the side.

 

His hand grabbed her wrist and Hyuna winced in pain, quickly taking her wrist back and rubbing it softly. Jiyong noticed how red and blue her wrist was.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jiyong apologized. His facial expression softened when he saw what he had done. He looked to Hyuna for permission before taking her hand and examining her wrist.

 

The bruises were from him, he knew. It took him by surprise that he used so much strength on her that it would discolor her skin. He pressed his lips onto her wrist and his eyes looked up at Hyuna who looked uncomfortable yet at the same time calm.

 

When he pulled away, Hyuna removed her hand from his grip. She stole another look at him before taking a step past him. Jiyong wrapped his arm around her tiny waist.

 

“This is your home now,” Jiyong said. “You should get use to it.”

 

“I don’t feel welcomed,” Hyuna said. “I think we both need to clear our minds. Being apart would be much healthier for us.”

 

Just then, his grip tightened. “Or are you running off to see him tonight?” Jiyong accused, pulling Hyuna to face him.

 

“I don’t know him,” Hyuna stated firmly. “Whether you believe me or not, as long as I know the truth then whatever you say won’t matter. Now let go of me.”

 

With a push of Jiyong’s hands, Hyuna found herself lying on her back against the mattress. Jiyong hovered above her, before collapsing beside her. He closed his eyes, resting his head along her shoulder.

 

Hyuna turned to him but her lips brushed against the tip of Jiyong’s nose. Her lips opened to speak but she couldn’t. A kiss was stolen from her leaving her speechless. Her eyes were wide open. Her body was still, unable to make the slightest move, until she heard a knock at the door.

 

“Jiyong? Hyuna? May I come in?”

 

It was Eunju.

 

Hyuna turned her face away with heavy but quiet breaths. She felt like she could barely breathe and her body was burning up.

 

Jiyong pulled away with a smirk. “Come in.” He sat up on the bed, making himself comfortable.

 

When the door knob turned, Hyuna hurried to sit up properly in front of her future mother in law. She could feel Jiyong eyeing her and she knew he was smirking. Her eyes looked down until the sound of the door shut.

 

“How was it?” Eunju asked. “You must both be exhausted.”

 

“Very,” Jiyong said.

 

Hyuna kept quiet. Eunju noticed, which meant her stay where would not be long. Her eyes looked to Hyuna, whose expression softened a little. A small smile pursed her lips and she bowed politely.

 

“Get some rest, dear,” Eunju said. She placed her hand onto Hyuna’s burning cheek. Looking down at her, she smiled. Hyuna smiled back, placing her hand over Eunju’s.

 

“Yes, mother.”

 

Eunju’s eyes adverted over to Jiyong. “Goodnight to the both of you. I’ll see you both in the morning for breakfast. We have much to discuss before the wedding. It’s nearing every second but I want this to be a time you’ll both remember.”

 

“Thank you, mother,” Jiyong said. “Goodnight.”

 

As soon as Eunju left the room, Hyuna closed her eyes and let out a breath of relief. Jiyong watched as Hyuna placed a hand on her chest. He guessed that her heart must be beating erratically right about now.

 

Before Jiyong could touch, Hyuna, she stood up and made her way to the couch. Jiyong’s eyes never left her. Hyuna sat down with her knees to her chest, burying her face. Jiyong smiled as he shook his head.

 

His body leaped off the bed and made his way to the couch. His arms slithered their way beneath Hyuna’s body and lifted her into his arms.

 

“Jiyong, what are you doing?” Hyuna asked, taken back by the sudden realization that she was being hoisted in Jiyong’s arms.

 

Her body was placed back onto the bed gently. Their faces were only inches apart from each other. Their eyes met and time felt like it had stopped. It was so quiet. Their breaths were the only things that could be heard.

 

“Who said you’ll be the one to sleep on the couch?” Jiyong asked with a smirk.

 

His body pulled away but Hyuna grabbed his arm with both her hands. Jiyong stopped and looked down at her hands that held onto him. Then his eyes traveled up to meet hers.

 

“No, no, I’ll take the couch instead,” Hyuna insisted, taking a pillow into her hands.

 

An expression of annoyance began spreading on Jiyong’s face. “What kind of man would I be if I allowed you to do that?”

 

Hyuna’s lips fell open but could not allow herself to say another word. Suddenly quietness washed over them like a wave. Neither of them have ever heard silence quiet this loud. Jiyong stepped closer, ripping the pillowing from her, which Hyuna flinched from. He cocked a half smile before making his way on to the couch. He made himself comfortable and gave Hyuna one last satisfied smile.

 

“Sweet dreams, my love,” Jiyong said. He closed his eyes with his a exhale of breath.

 

Hyuna felt guilty for having Jiyong give up his place on his own mattress for her. Her eyes couldn’t stop gazing at Jiyong’s sleeping face. Though it was late, she knew she would not be falling asleep any time soon.

 

The lights were turned off and the room was dark but Hyuna still lied awake, staring at the ceiling. Every few minutes her eyes would wander back to Jiyong’s sleeping form. Hyuna let out a groan of frustration. She was tossing and turning but no position was making her comfortable. She felt restless and did not know why. She laid on her side and once again, found herself looking at Jiyong.

 

 “I’m sorry, Jiyong.”

 

“You and I are the same,” Jiyong said, startling Hyuna.

 

Jiyong’s eyes opened slowly and saw the frightened look on Hyuna’s face.

 

“You never fell asleep, did you?” Hyuna asked.

 

“Can’t sleep.”

 

Neither of them tore their eyes away from each other.

 

“What’s on your mind?”

 

Hyuna’s eyes widened a bit from the question. What was on her mind? Everything? She didn’t want to talk about it so instead of speaking, she shook her head, indicating that there was nothing.

 

“Is it that miserable to be engaged to me, Kim Hyuna?”

 

To that Hyuna definitely would not answer. When she tore her eyes away, Jiyong smiled to himself. It wasn’t a warm smile but rather a smile to hide the hurt.

 

“It’s ok,” Jiyong said. “Who could love someone like me, anyways right? At least at one point of your life you did love me. Or…” he paused for a moment to recollect his thoughts. Hyuna listened carefully with her hand clenching against her heart. “Or if you didn’t at least I believed it. It’s enough for me. Now I can sleep without having to worry about your answer.”

 

Another hour passed and it was silent. Hyuna still lied awake and this time she knew Jiyong had fallen asleep. Her body climbed off the bed and made way over to Jiyong. She lied her head onto his shoulder as she sat on the floor. Her eyes saw how his chest rose and sunk with every breath he took. She interlocked her fingers with his and sighed against his neck.

 

“It’s not enough for me though,” Hyuna said. “Whoever she was that broke your heart… whoever she was that left you… I’m sure she’ll come back to you one day. So wait for her. When she does, I won’t be hurt. I won’t cry. I’ll let you go. Cause then I’ll know you’ll really be happy.”  

 

A tear slipped from Hyuna’s eye and her body trembled from her words. A sharp gasp of breath left her lungs and she could not stop this feeling inside.

 

A/N: I know long time no update. Sorry for such a boring, y chapter. As usual not edited.