Chapter 6

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 6

 

Jiyong’s palms were sweating as he tightly gripped onto the steering wheel of his Lamborghini. He was a madman at this very moment. His mind was clouded with worries and fears. He felt the tears escaping his eyes. He couldn’t hold them in anymore.

 

“CEO of Kwon Enterprises and wife were involved in a fatal car accident this evening.”

 

“Both we’re rushed to the nearest hospital.”

 

“Right now the victims are in critical condition.”

 

Jiyong rushed to the hospital as quickly as he could. With his heart beating heavily in his chest and his mind set on seeing his parents, he couldn’t stop.

 

“Kwon Hyun Suk and Kwon Eunju, where are they?!” Jiyong asked loudly as soon as he entered the hospital doors.

 

“Please sir calm down.”

 

The words set Jiyong off. “Don’t tell me to calm down!” Jiyong shouted. “Where are they?!”

 

Jiyong received the information he needed. He stood in the hallway just outside the emergency room doors. He desperately prayed that both his parents were fine. He prayed that this was just all a bad dream and that he’d wake up from it to find that both his parents are ok. Sadly, he felt his prayers were not heard.

 

Hours passed him by and he felt hopeless. Why can’t he do anything? Surely he could do something, anything to help save them. Jiyong bit his lip to keep from sobbing. He only thought of the good that could happen. His parents will survive this. They will. They have to.

 

“Sir?”

 

Jiyong’s head rose up when he heard the door of the emergency room open. His eyes widened with horror as he saw his father being rolled out on the gurney followed by doctors and nurses with blood stained on their clothes. Jiyong rushed to his father’s side, taking his cold hand.

 

Cold.

 

Jiyong’s lips quivered and let out a sob. “Father… no don’t leave me! No!”

 

“I’m sorry,” the doctor said. “We did everything we could.”

 

“No!” Jiyong shouted through his tears. “Wake up, please! You can’t leave me! Not like this! God—Father, wake up!”

 

This couldn’t be happening. Why? Why was this happening to him? If this is all a dream then please let him wake up now. The nurses began rolling the gurney away. Jiyong fell back against the wall. His hands pulled against his blonde hair.

 

Another hour passed him by and his tears ran dry. Suddenly it was like all his emotions were shut off. His body felt numb but his heart was heavy in his chest.

 

When the doctors returned from the emergency room, Jiyong looked up at them waiting for the update on his mother’s current condition.

 

“Right now the patient is ok,” the doctor confirmed. “She is resting now. We’ll be watching her to make sure that she is fine.”

 

“She’s going to make it?” Jiyong asked without any emotion in his voice.

 

“There’s a fifty-fifty chance,” the doctor said. “We’ll do everything we can to save her.”

 

“Please don’t let her die,” Jiyong begged. “I can’t lose her now.”

 

It was late now. Two in the morning to be exact. Jiyong didn’t want to leave. He didn’t want to go back home knowing that there really wasn’t going to be a home to return to. He lost his father. He could possibly lose his mother too. He needed to stay here with her.

 

As Jiyong stood up from the spot he had been for hours, his eyes locked with familiar orbs a few feet in front of him.

 

Hyuna gulped down her fear and stared at the poor man in front of her. She had just heard the news about what happened after she clocked out. She knew everything. The Kwon’s were her parent’s friends. After hearing the news, she was devastated and heartbroken not only for her parents but for their only son as well.

 

The look in Jiyong’s eyes told her everything once more. Behind those tear-filled eyes was hurt and emptiness. Most of all, Jiyong was looking at Hyuna with the coldest eyes.

 

His body brushed past her shoulder coldly and Hyuna didn’t say a word. What could she say to comfort this stranger? Yes, stranger.

 

Jiyong stopped in his tracks. He couldn’t contain it anymore. He turned back and pulled Hyuna into his embrace. To his surprise she didn’t resist or pull back. Instead, her hands held him close. He cried on her shoulder, holding her tight.

 

“I’m sorry,” Hyuna said sincerely.

 

“Don’t speak,” Jiyong said. “Just hold me like this. I need you.”

 

Hyuna felt the words being caught in . She forced them out. “I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere unless you want me to.”

 

After a while, Eunju was transferred into a different room. Jiyong sat by his mother’s side with Hyuna watching from behind. Jiyong held onto his mother’s hand, placing it onto his cheek.

 

Hyuna could see the dark circles beneath Jiyong’s eyes. He was tired and she knew but she also knew that he would not leave Eunju’s side. Eventually someone else will come to tell him to leave. After a couple minutes have passed, Hyuna slowly turned away from the scene, quietly making her way towards the door.

 

“Where are you going?” Jiyong’s voice came from behind.

 

Hyuna turned around to find Jiyong looking straight at her. “Home,” she simply answered.

 

Jiyong stood up from the chair he sat in and made his way over to Hyuna. “Let me take you home.”

 

“No need to,” Hyuna said. “You should stay here a little longer with your mother before you go home. I’ll be fine.”

 

“It’s three in the morning,” Jiyong said, “I’m taking you home, Kim Hyuna.”

 

“I said there’s no need—”

 

Jiyong took Hyuna by the wrist and dragged her out of the room. Hyuna tried to pull away but his grip only tightened. He dragged her to the parking lot and opened the door to the passenger seat. He threw her in there roughly and buckled her in before climbing into the driver’s seat and driving away.

 

Hyuna held onto her seat. Jiyong was driving too fast for her liking. As she looked over to him, he looked like he wasn’t even paying attention to how fast he was going. He looked like he was lost in his thoughts right now.

 

“Jiyong, slow down,” Hyuna said but Jiyong didn’t hear her. He was beginning to scare her. At the speed he was going, it was dangerous. “Jiyong, please slow down. Jiyong!”

 

Just then Jiyong stepped on the brakes. Both their bodies flew forward but where held back by the seatbelts across their chest.

 

Hyuna gasped in horror then looked over to Jiyong, whom was slumped over the wheel, breathing hard. She quickly unbuckled herself and opened the door to the car.

 

“Hyuna,” Jiyong said. “Hyuna!”

 

Hyuna wiped away her tears and began walking faster.

 

Jiyong put the car in park and took the key from the engine. He hurried after Hyuna. “Where are you going?” He asked as soon as he caught up to her.

 

“Away from you!” Hyuna cried.

 

“Why?” Jiyong asked anger laced in his voice. “Why do you run from me every time?”

 

“Because you’re scaring me!” Hyuna cried.

 

It was then when Jiyong saw her tears falling, he realized how fearful she was of him. Jiyong stepped forward to wipe away her tears but Hyuna stepped back.

 

“Don’t touch me, please,” Hyuna begged.

 

Jiyong turned away in frustration letting out a groan. “Why are you so frustrating?!” He turned back to face Hyuna. “You tell me you don’t want to see me again but you want to comfort me. Why? Why are you doing this to me? Don’t pity me because I don’t need it!”

 

“I meant what I said when I said I never wanted to see you again,” Hyuna said. Jiyong felt his heart break for the millionth time that day. “But when I saw you crying I knew you needed someone. I couldn’t let you grieve like that.”

 

Jiyong scoffed. “Keep your pity to yourself. I don’t need it.” He walked off back to the direction of his car. He quickly drove off and watched as Hyuna stood in the rearview mirror, disappearing.  

 

He cried as he drove away. Everything that happened today will change his life forever. His father is gone. His mother is fighting for her life. He needed to be strong.

 

Suddenly he felt a sudden pain in his heart. A pang of guilt hit him in the chest when his mind went back to seeing Hyuna alone on the streets as he drove off. Jiyong made a sharp U-turn and sped back to the spot where he left Hyuna.

 

When he returned there was no sign of the brunette beauty. “Damn it!”

 

Jiyong drove to Hyuna’s house in hopes that she was there safe and sound. His anger blinded him. If anything happened to her, he would never be able to forgive himself. As soon as he arrived, he saw Hyuna getting out of the cab. Jiyong quickly rushed out and hugged Hyuna from behind.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jiyong said. “I’m so sorry.”

 

Hyuna didn’t say anything. She removed his arms from her body and continued towards the front door of her home.

 

Jiyong forcefully turned Hyuna to face him. Her eyes were cold as they looked into his. His breath ceased and he lost complete thought of what he had to say.

 

“Go home,” Hyuna said. “You were right. I only pitied you.”

 

“Hyuna…”

 

“What more do you want?” Hyuna asked crossing her arms against her chest. “Get out of my face.”

 

“Alright,” Jiyong agreed. He turned away, walking back to his car. He stopped to see if Hyuna had watched him go but she had already left.

 

If this is a dream, wake me up.

 

A/N: Not edited.