Chapter 23

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 23 

 

Another night Jiyong spent alone in his bed. The warmth he use to feel by his side was gone. A bittersweet smile curved on his lips follows by a soft scoff. The warmth Hyuna provided only lasted a night but still he missed her dearly. He’d take one night over her being gone for good. 

 

The side where she was meant to lay was empty. He stared at her side of the bed blankly hoping and praying that maybe just maybe she’ll return to him soon. 

 

If not, he’ll go after her. 

 

Time kept passing by but Jiyong still lied awake thinking about his wife. Jiyong couldn’t sleep knowing that Hyuna was out there somewhere. He threw the sheets aside and sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing the temples of his head. His hand reached for his cell phone on the night stand. He quickly dialed a number and listened as it continued to ring until a voice picked up. 

 

“Hello, Jiyong,” Teddy answered. “Is something wrong?” 

 

“Where’s my wife, Teddy?” Jiyong asked. “Where did she go?”

 

He heard Teddy sigh from the other side of the line. “Miss Hyuna is at the hospital with her father. She didn’t want to leave his side. It’s best for now if you let her be.”

 

Jiyong chuckled bitterly, “How is that the best thing I could do right now?” 

 

There was a pause and Jiyong’s lips pressed together to form a thin line. He felt his hand tremble as he held the phone to his ear. Though they were face to face, Jiyong could picture the look on Teddy’s face. 

 

“If you don’t want to lose her, Jiyong, you won’t force her to come back now. I’m on your side, Jiyong but I see and understand Hyuna’s as well. Please take this time apart to reflect on what you want for both your guy’s sake. Goodnight.” 

 

Understand her? 

 

Jiyong set the phone beside him as he fell back onto the mattress. He stared up at the ceiling feeling lost in this pool of emotions. Was it so hard to admit that maybe he was a bit too harsh? Did he want to be right? 

 

It was too quiet now. He could only hear his thoughts and the soft sound of his heart beating. He knew what he wanted and that was Hyuna. Only Hyuna. He closed his eyes hoping for a better day when the sun comes up next. 

 

***

 

Morning came as the sun rose from the east, lighting up the sky with its warm colors. 

 

Hyuna stared out the window of her father’s hospital room, admiring the creation before her very eyes. She always loved the sky night or day. 

 

Every few minutes or so, Hyuna would turn her attention towards Seungsung. He was showing signs of improvement. His body slowly started regaining its ability to move. Seungsung tried hard to speak but all he could do was muffle out small words. 

 

Hyuna knew that her father was trying but he was frustrated. She didn’t want him to rush his recovery. 

 

“You’re getting better, dad,” Hyuna assured him. “Don’t think about it too much. It won’t be long before you’re out of here, ok?” 

 

Seungsung slowly nodded his head. 

 

The door sounded open and Hyuna’s head looked up at whoever it was entering the hospital room. Her face turned to a small look of disappointment when she saw Jung-Hwa walk in. 

 

“What are you doing here?” Hyuna asked. 

 

“Oh? I can’t visit my husband?” Jung-Hwa set the lunch box she carried in her hands down onto the small table and began unpacking the contents within. “I got a call that Seungsung has woken and I brought a meal. After all, he must eat in order to recover faster. Do you think this hospital food will do anything? Why are you still here?” Jung-Hwa stood over Seungsung with the bowl of rice soup. She mixed it before blowing on it to cool it down. “I’d like some time with my husband alone if you don’t mind now go. Do you not trust me with him?” 

 

Hyuna bit her lip before smiling softly to her father. “No, Jung-Hwa, it’s not a problem at all. I’ll be back, father. I have to check with Gayoon and Dr. Heo about your improving condition.” She gave Jung-Hwa one last look before leaving the room. 

 

Jung-Hwa scowled as she watched Hyuna leave. She turned back to her husband with a wide smile. “I’m glad you’re doing better. I was so worried about you.” She brought the spoonful of rice to Seungsung’s lips but he slowly turned his head away in refusal. The movement confused Jung-Hwa. She tried again but Seungsung refused once more. “Yah, Seungsung, you need to eat if you want to get better. I made this just for you. Please eat. Hmm?” 

 

Seungsung continued to look away from Jung-Hwa not even bothering to acknowledge her presence. He was hurt by what she had done to Hyuna and Jiyong. He wanted answers to as why she would lie. He would get them eventually. 

 

***

 

Hyeona stopped in front of the hospital’s revolving doors. Her eyes glared at the one person she hated most. It wasn’t the first time Hyeona’s seen Hyuna but right now as she stared at her twin sister, anger fueled her.

 

Hyuna finished filling out all the proper paperwork for her father after discussing things over with Dr. Heo and Gayoon. Somehow, someway Jung-Hwa was able to pay off her father’s hospital bill in full. She would question Jung-Hwa about it later but for now, her father was her only worry. 

 

Once Hyuna finished signing the rest of the paperwork and documents, she handed them to Gayoon. Her head turned towards the light flowing through the front entrance of the revolving doors. Then she turned back to head back to her father’s room.

 

Hyeona let out a breath and an irritated huff. As much as Hyeona would love for Hyuna to see her, it wasn’t the right time and place. She looked over her shoulder back inside the hospital lobby where Hyuna no longer stood. She turned her body back to face the entrance of the hospital and entered. 

 

Her legs began striding towards the elevator. She walked inside and remember the floor and room number her father was staying in. She wasn’t here to visit him, no. She was here to observe her plan and make sure it falls into place. 

 

When the elevator dinged, signaling that she’s reached her floor, Hyeona stepped out without glancing up. She accidentally bumped into someone. Her body stumbled back with a small groan. Her expression and pain subsided when she heard the familiar voice speak.

 

"Hyuna?" 

 

Hyeona’s eyes widened in shock and fear. In an instant, her arms reached out in front of her and pressed onto Zico’s body. She pushed the man away and hurriedly pushed the elevator buttons. 

 

“Hyuna!” Zico shouted as he rushed to get up. Hyeona prayed he wouldn’t make it in time before the door closes. She saw him drawing closer but before he could, the elevator door closed. 

 

“What the hell?” Hyeona spat out. She ran her fingers through her blonde locks before slamming her hand onto the elevator wall to release her anger and frustration. “Zico... why are you here?” 

 

Right now, Hyeona needed to get out of the hospital. She needed to make herself disappear from Zico. After the accident, she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore. Hyeona already gave him what he deserved and it should have been the end of that. But why did it look like he wanted to see her, to talk to her? He was the one who gave her away. And Kim Hyeona is not a forgiving person.

 

Once the elevator reached the main floor, Hyeona cautiously walked out. She looked in both directions. The coast was clear and started making her way to the lobby where the front entrance was.

 

A loud slam of a door was heard and it startled Hyeona. She looked over her shoulder where she saw Zico looking around. Hyeona ran from Zico the second she saw him. She knew he saw her too because the second she ran, he ran after her.

 

"Stop right there!" 

 

"Oomph!" 

 

Again another person Hyeona blindly and accidentally ran into. Hyeona grabbed onto the man and the force of her fall had them both tumbling onto the ground. She ignored the pain, remembering who was chasing after her. She pulled the stranger down onto her, holding him tightly and hid her face into his neck. She peeked out and saw Zico looking around in every direction. 

 

When he turned towards them, Hyeona pulled the stranger closer. Zico didn’t think much of it. He thought they were just another weird couple. He searched the lobby one more time before rushing out the front and into the streets.

 

She waited until he left to let the stranger go. "I'm so sorry about that I—" her words stopped there when the stranger's face was revealed. Their eyes met and Hyeona swore her heart stopped for a split second. As she stared into those dark eyes, it made it hard for her to breathe again.

 

“Hyuna?” 

 

“Jiyong.” 

 

 

A/N: Not edited.