Chapter 3

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 3

 

Hyuna woke up on the floor of her own bedroom. Her eyes were weakened by the beams of sunlight escaping through the window.

 

She groaned lightly, pushing herself off the floor. Hyuna took a look around the silent room. She couldn’t remember why she had fallen asleep on the floor until she heard the doorbell ring. Hyuna gasped remembering the male from last night. She looked out through the blinds of the window to see if she could make out who the person was. She recognized her father’s car parked out on the driveway.

 

A sigh of relief left Hyuna’s lips and she made her way down the stairs to greet her father and stepmother. Once she opened the door she was met with an irritated Jung-Hwa.

 

“What the hell took you so long?” Jung-Hwa commented as she brushed past Hyuna, purposely bumping into her.

 

Hyuna chose to ignore her. Jung-Hwa was never worth her time when she was irritated. Most of the times it would end up with pointless arguments but Hyuna always held her tongue. She saw her father stepping out of the car and smiled. Hyuna ran up to him and hugged him in his arms.

 

“Are you ok?” Seungsung asked with a small chuckle.

 

Hyuna nodded her head against her father’s chest. “I just missed you.” Hyuna didn’t want to tell her father about her patient. At least not yet. He was drunk last night so maybe, hopefully, he won’t remember her.

 

“I missed you too,” Seungsung said. He knew that something was wrong with his daughter but decided not to press the issue. Whatever it was, Hyuna will tell him when she’s ready to.

 

Hyuna returned to her room. Her eyes immediately fell onto her reflection from the mirror hanging on the wall. She couldn’t understand anything from last night’s events. It made her extremely uncomfortable and she still is up to now. She examined herself from head to toe.

 

“Your hair… you’ve changed it.”

 

Hyuna took a few strands of her hair into her fingers, twirling them. She looked at the color of her hair. It had always been the same brownish-black color. Her face began contorting with confusion. She stared back at her reflection focusing on her lips. The lips he had touched.

 

She placed her fingers there as the memories of her patient taking a kiss by force came to play. Hyuna forced those memories of out her mind as she came back to reality. She sighed, turning her back to the mirror. Her fingers began undoing the buttons of her lab coat. Just as she slipped it off her shoulders, her eyes returned to the mirror.

 

There was something in her head that was bothering her. A voice that was telling her something but she couldn’t quite make out what it was trying to say.

 

***

 

Jiyong bit his lip as his fingers tapped along the side of his desk. He felt his heart beating restlessly in his chest. It was really bothering him, the way this woman had affected him. Not only that, but tonight was his parent’s dinner party which he was required to attend.

 

He stood up from his desk with a frustrated growl escaping his lips. He turned towards the window and looked out to the crowded city. He leaned against the window with his arm holding his balance.

 

How can you not remember me?

 

After everything you’ve done… I still love you.

 

Her face was engraved into his memories. This was an obsession now. An obsession that will imprison her with him forever. This obsession was what Jiyong called love. It was his definition of love.

 

“Do you love me?” Hyeona asked.

 

“I do,” Jiyong replied covering their bodies with the sheets.

 

“Show me,” Hyeona said.  

 

He felt his chest constricting hard at the thought of Hyuna. Was she pretending or does she really not remember him? Both his fists balled up, knuckles white with anger. He gritted his teeth.

 

I will make you remember me.

 

Jiyong stormed out of his office ignoring the stares from his employees. He went straight for the elevator, demanding that anyone and everyone in it leave. He pressed the button that lead him to the first floor.

 

As soon as he walked out of the building, his valet had already pulled up his Lamborghini and held the door out to him. Jiyong climbed in without a word and sped off. The sound of his car echoed throughout the space of the city. He went above the city limits, not that he cared anyways.

 

There was only one person on his mind right now.

 

Jiyong hit the brakes harshly as he pulled up to Hyuna’s house. Now he felt like he didn’t have control of his body as he got out of his car and went straight to the door. Without any hesitation, Jiyong rang the doorbell. He suddenly felt nervous now but that all went away when he picture Hyuna in his head.

 

The door opened and it revealed a woman about his mother’s age. The woman had on a face full of makeup. Her hair was done up in a bun. She wore a long gold dress that cascaded down her body. She stared at Jiyong with confused eyes.

 

“Is there something I can help you with sir?” Jung-Hwa asked.

 

“Is Kim Hyuna here?” Jiyong asked.

 

At the mention of Hyuna’s name, the woman’s eyes widened. She stared at Jiyong, curious as to why he wanted to see her. “Come on in, then.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Jiyong entered the fancy home, almost as fancy as his own. He looked around but stopped and waited until Jung-Hwa led him to where she wanted him to go.

 

“Come this way,” she directed and he followed quietly. She walked him across the house to the back where the garden was. It was beautiful, like a mix of a Korean and Japanese garden. He stepped forward, in front of Jung-Hwa and observed the scenery. He looked over his shoulder to where the woman had walked away.

 

Jung-Hwa entered back into the home. She made her way up the stairs to Hyuna’s room. Without bothering to knock, Jung-Hwa tried to open the door but it was locked.

 

Hyuna heard the rattling of the door knob. She turned around to look at the door. She could hear faint mumbling from behind it and assumed that the voice belonged to Jung-Hwa.

 

Hyuna took her time getting to the door. She opened it slightly, meeting with an impatient and annoyed Jung-Hwa.

 

“Is there something you need from me?” Hyuna asked opening the door wider.

 

“Someone’s here to see you,” Jung-Hwa said.

 

Confusion filled Hyuna’s face. She looked down then back up at her stepmother. “Who?”

 

There was no answer, just a smirk in return. Jung-Hwa turned her back and began walking down the hall.

 

Hyuna made her way down the stairs and out to the garden. The garden was where most of their guests were usually taken to.

 

In the back of Hyuna’s mind, she could only wonder who it was that was there to see her. Not many come to visit and if they do it would be more for her father than her. So who could this stranger be?

 

She saw a platinum blonde man standing tall in a black suit. Hyuna stopped to take a breath. She her lips, pressing them into a thin line afterwards before continuing to the stranger.

 

“Hello?” Hyuna said. “My mother said you wanted to see me?”

 

Jiyong felt paralyzed at the beautiful sound of her voice. It scared him how she would react once she sees his face. Jiyong breathed in and out to calm himself down first. He turned his body and his eyes met with Hyuna.

 

His eyes stared at Hyuna, who wore a red dress. Her dark curls fell against her shoulders. Her red lips opened and closed as if she wanted to say something but couldn’t.

 

Hyuna felt her breath caught in . It was him. She felt her knees weaken a bit but held herself up. Hyuna tore her eyes away and took a step back then another and another. With every step Hyuna took, Jiyong took one step forward.

 

Hyuna turned to leave but stopped after hearing his voice.

 

“Kim Hyuna,” Jiyong said.

 

Hyuna turned back looking at him with disbelief. She sighed, looking down to recollect herself. Her eyes looked back up to the stranger who made his way calmly over to her. It was time for confrontation between the both of them.

 

“You’re sober now,” Hyuna said.

 

“I wasn’t that drunk last night that I wouldn’t remember you,” Jiyong informed.

 

“Well you must have been considering I don’t know who you are,” Hyuna said.

 

Jiyong’s lips curved into an amused smirk. “You’re still denying it?”

 

“Yes,” Hyuna said. “Because it’s the truth.”

 

Jiyong leaned into Hyuna’s face, looking deep into those brown eyes. Hyuna stilled but wasn’t afraid anymore. His lips came close to hers almost touching. Hyuna looked up at him without moving away. Jiyong smiled pulling away slowly until there was just enough space between them.

 

“Do you have amnesia or are you just playing with me?” Jiyong asked in all seriousness. “Are you denying that you’re not Kim Hyuna?” Jiyong felt the anger in him rising.

 

“I am Kim Hyuna,” she said. “I’m just not your Kim Hyuna. Now please leave. Don’t ever come back here. The Kim Hyuna that you’re looking for isn’t me.”

 

Jiyong watched her turn her back on him. He couldn’t let her go. He couldn’t let her get away like this.

 

“Was my love a joke to you?” Jiyong asked stopping Hyuna from going any further. He stepped in front of her, placing his hand on her chin and forced her to look up at him. Hyuna pulled away looking at him with angry eyes. He couldn’t understand why she was angry. He was the one that should be angry, not her.

 

“There was no love,” Hyuna spat out bitterly. “I never loved you.” There was change in his eyes. They grew darker than they were before. Hyuna noticed the change in his expression it was unreadable now. She stumbled back, wanting to get away.

 

Those words pulled Jiyong’s heart string and triggered something in his head. Suddenly his arm reached out for Hyuna and pulled her body onto him. He held her struggling body close with his arm around her waist.

 

“Are you telling me you don’t remember this?” Jiyong asked. With his hand he caressed Hyuna’s cheek as they stared into each other’s eyes. He felt Hyuna’s breath shaking against his cheek as he leaned down to her ear. “Or this?” Jiyong gently placed a kiss along her neck. He felt Hyuna tremble in his arms but didn’t stop. His kisses traveled from her neck to her jaw line. “Just tell me to stop.”

 

“St—stop!” Hyuna cried, pushing Jiyong away. “Why are you doing this to me?!”

 

“I should be the one asking that!” Jiyong shouted.

 

“The woman you love isn’t me,” Hyuna cried. “Go find her.”

 

Jiyong smirked, cornering Hyuna against the stone wall. A whimper escape Hyuna’s lips as her back touched the cold wall. “I’ve already found her,” he said against Hyuna’s lips. “I’m not losing her again.” She couldn’t tear her eyes away from Jiyong’s. They were dark and dangerous.

 

“I’m sorry but I’m not her.”

 

Jiyong was sick of those words. Why couldn’t she accept it? Why does she keep denying it? He couldn’t understand where she was coming from. Everything she says makes him angry and frustrated.

 

“You loved me once,” Jiyong said before placing a rough kiss onto Hyuna’s lips. “You can love me again.”

 

A/N: Not edited. Hyuna doesn't know anything about Jiyong or Hyeona. Hyeona on the other hand knows about Hyuna. Jiyong doesn't know that Hyuna was one of the nurses that looked after him. He only recognizes her voice during the time he was in a coma.