Chapter 4

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 4

 

“You loved me once,” Jiyong said before placing a rough kiss onto Hyuna’s lips. “You can love me again.”

 

Hyuna tried to catch her breath. She kept her eyes away from his. When he backed away to see her reaction, Hyuna could only walk off. She didn’t know what else to say for him to understand. She wasn’t the one he was looking for.

 

Jiyong grabbed onto her hand quickly. He didn’t want her to leave him again. Her reaction was somewhat expected but somewhere deep down he hoped she would stop this. Was she really pretending or could she not really remember him?  

 

“Do you have business with my daughter, young man?” Seungsung asked as he stepped out of the glass door way.

 

Both Hyuna and Jiyong stopped and looked up at Seungsung. Hyuna looked down to her hand which was still being held by Jiyong. Jiyong followed her eyes and slowly released her. He pulled his hand behind his back, balling it up into a fist. He looked down gritting his teeth.

 

“No, sir,” Jiyong spoke up.

 

Seungsung hummed in response. He looked to Hyuna who looked frightened as she tried to avoid his eyes. “Hyuna…”

 

Hyuna turned her head and hugged herself inwardly. She looked up at her father timidly but he couldn’t see it in her eyes. She smiled slightly at him telling him that she was ok. Funny how a smile can hide everything.

 

“Well young man if you’re done talking to my daughter, I’d like to ask you to leave,” Seungsung said. “We have matters to attend to and cannot be late.”

 

Jiyong’s eyes shot up but his head was still held low. He swallowed down his pride and let out a sigh in defeat. That was until his eyes landed on the envelope held in Seungsung’s hand. A grin appeared on his face as he looked to Hyuna, who trembled with fear.

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Kim,” Jiyong said walking up to the man. “Where are my manners? Let me introduce myself.” Jiyong cleared his throat and straightened up. “I’m Kwon Jiyong, son of Kwon Hyun Suk and Kwon Eunju and COO of Kwon Enterprises.” Jiyong stopped a feet in front of Seungsung, extending a hand.

 

Seungsung shook Jiyong’s hand with a polite smile.

 

“What is the COO of Kwon Enterpises doing here when he should be at his dinner part?” Seungsung asked with a chuckle.

 

Jiyong pressed his lips into a thin smile. “I see you were invited,” Jiyong said looking to the invitation in Seungsung’s hand. “If you don’t mind, sir, I’d like to your daughter to tonight’s dinner party.”

 

Hyuna’s eyes shot up with surprise after hearing those words. Her expression changed quickly once her eyes met those of her father’s. Then Jiyong turned to look over his shoulder. He grinned cunningly at the brunette beauty.

 

“It would be an honor, wouldn’t it, Hyuna?” Jung-Hwa said barging into the conversation.

 

All eyes were on Hyuna, awaiting her answer. Hyuna felt her heart racing rapidly. She looked directly at Jiyong, eyes meeting. He was up to something and Hyuna knew by the way he grinned at her, the way he looked at her.

 

“No,” Hyuna said. “I’m sorry, Mr. Kwon but I’m declining your offer. There are many others worthy of you.”

 

“What makes you unworthy of escorting me to my own party?” Jiyong asked.

 

“I—” Hyuna didn’t know how to answer that question. It was hard to say something without revealing everything to her parents at that very moment.

 

Jiyong smirked, knowing he had her trapped. He held out his hand for Hyuna who took it without hesitation. He could see the fire burning in her eyes and it only gave him the satisfaction.

 

“We’ll see you there,” Seungsung said.

 

“Yes, father,” Hyuna said.

 

Jiyong and Hyuna were still hand in hand as they walked through the house, back to the front. They stopped at the foot of his Lamborghini. Jiyong pulled out his keys to unlock his car.

 

Once Hyuna believed her parents were nowhere near, she ripped her hand out of Jiyong’s grasp.

 

“You,” Hyuna said. “What are you trying to do?”

 

Jiyong swiftly took a step in front of Hyuna and pushed her back onto the side of his Lamborghini. He placed a hand at both her sides, keeping her in place.

 

“What do you mean?” Jiyong teased raising a brow. His dark eyes pierced right into hers, striking her with fear.

 

“Whatever it is you’re doing—” Hyuna was cut off when Jiyong leaned in close. She gasped when their lips almost touched again.

 

With her hand searching for the door handle, Hyuna pushed Jiyong off of her and quickly climbed in. She shut the door fast, locking it too.

 

Jiyong smirked, blowing a kiss to Hyuna behind the tinted window. Hyuna cringed at the sight. She turned her body the opposite way to avoid looking at him. Her eyes followed his movement when he made his way around the front of the car. When he climbed in, Hyuna moved back as far as she could.

 

Jiyong reached over Hyuna and her hands instinctively pushed him away. Jiyong held her shoulder down continuing to reach over her body for the seatbelt. He took the belt across Hyuna’s chest and buckled her in.

 

Once Hyuna realized what Jiyong was doing, she stopped struggling. Her eyes looked up to him questioning why he was doing this to her.

 

Jiyong leaned back in his seat and threw Hyuna a smug look. He started the engine and drove off.

 

The drive was quiet. Jiyong had so many things to say but Hyuna didn’t. Every time he stole a glance at her, Hyuna’s back was facing him. This was becoming irritatingly frustrating.

 

“How long are you going to pretend?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Pretend?” Hyuna spat out finally facing Jiyong. “You think I’m pretending to not know you?”

 

“I know you are,” Jiyong accused. “Why don’t you tell me where you’ve been for the last three years, huh?”

 

“You don’t need to know,” Hyuna said, crossing her arms against her chest.

 

“Oh?” Jiyong questioned.

 

“Why do I need to explain myself to a stranger?”

 

Jiyong pulled over roughly, slamming on the brakes. Hyuna felt herself falling forward then back into her seat. She breathed heavily after the current turns of events. She looked over to Jiyong who was seething with anger.

 

Hyuna decided this was it. Her fingers unbuckled the belt holding her to the seat. She reached for the handle and quickly got out of the car.

 

“Hyuna!” Jiyong shouted. When he realized that she wasn’t coming back, that’s when he ran after her. “Hyuna!”

 

Hyuna started running. She didn’t look back. The streets were busy but Hyuna didn’t care. She needed to get away from this stranger. Just before the light turned green, Hyuna made it across the street. She only looked back to see Jiyong trapped on the opposite side of the street. Hyuna let out a breath and continued running.

 

Jiyong panted heavily as he watched her run from him. Her red dress began fading into the crowd of people and soon she was gone. Jiyong was about to run once the light turned red but the sound of his ringtone stopped him.

 

“Hello?” Jiyong said as he answered the phone.

 

“Jiyong, where are you?” Eunju asked. “The dinner’s starting, sweetheart.”

 

“I’ll be right there,” Jiyong assured.

 

“Hurry,” Eunju said before hanging up.

 

Jiyong turned back. He had business to deal with first. He decided he’ll deal with Hyuna again another day. He returned to his car and drove off to where he was needed.

 

The dinner went by fast with much laughter and talk. Jiyong was silent the entire time. No matter how many people asked him things, he only nodded in return and added a fake smile.

 

During the party, he looked around to see if maybe Hyuna had come. There were many brunettes with red dresses but none the woman he was looking for. Then at the end of the room, he recognized Seungsung and Eunju who were talking to his parents. Jiyong made his way over, greeting them again politely.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Kim,” Hyun Suk began, “this is my son, Jiyong. Jiyong, this is Kim Seungsung and Kim Jung-Hwa.”

 

“We’ve met,” Jung-Hwa said taking a sip out of her glass of wine.

 

“I’m terribly sorry,” Seungsung said to Jiyong.

 

“For what, sir?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Hyuna called and told me she had important matters to attend to and could not you,” he replied.

 

What a lie.

 

Where are you?

 

Jiyong pressed his lips into a thin smile. “It’s no problem at all sir.” He kept up his act until his heart couldn’t take it anymore. “Please excuse me for tonight. Thank you for attending, Mr. and Mrs. Kim but I will be taking my leave.”

 

“Already?” Eunju asked. “Are you sick, sweetheart?”

 

“Yes,” Jiyong said. “I’ll see you at home.”

 

Jiyong left the banquet and drove to his favorite club. He hurried out of his car after parking it in the V.I.P section. Jiyong made his way to the bar and demanded to be served immediately.

 

“Whiskey,” Jiyong said throwing the money onto the counter.

 

“Bad mood, huh?” Sandara commented as she poured the glass. She handed it to him and Jiyong took it in one gulp. “More?”

 

Jiyong nodded after feeling the sting of the alcohol run down his throat. “Don’t start with me.” He took another glass down and then another. He shook his head trying to make the dizziness go away.

 

“Slow down,” Sandara warned. “If you get drunk again and leave like last time I’m going to handcuff you to this counter.”

 

Jiyong scoffed. “I’m good now.”

 

“Sure you are,” Sandara taunted.

 

Jiyong was about to mark another remark but stopped when a woman in particular caught his eyes.

 

The blonde beauty sat upon another male’s lap, pressing kisses to his lips. The male turned her over to where Jiyong could no longer see her face anymore. There she was with another man.

 

“Hyuna…” he said.

 

His eyes couldn’t believe it. She was there kissing another man. She let another man touch her in the places he left his mark. It made him angry. It made him sick.

 

Hyeona saw Jiyong from afar. Her eyes widened with fear as she saw him make his way towards her. She started panicking.

 

“Zico, stop,” Hyeona said. Zico continued trailing kisses up and down her neck. “Stop it!” Hyeona pushed Zico off of her and quickly made her escape with Jiyong only a few meters away from her. She pushed and pulled others in his path to keep him away from her.

 

Jiyong swore she was just there but when he looked once more, she had disappeared. This time Hyuna was blonde again just like when they first met.

 

***

 

Hyeona rang the doorbell to her best friend’s apartment. When she didn’t come as fast as Hyeona liked she began knocking loudly.

 

The door swung open, revealing a tall light ash brown haired girl who was disheveled in her bed wear.

 

“I need a place to stay,” Hyeona said.

 

Jihyun placed the extra set of blankets and pillows onto the couch where Hyeona sat. She could tell that there was something on her mind. Something was bothering her. Jihyun took a seat next to her.

 

“What happened tonight?” Jihyun asked. “I thought Zico was going to bring you home.”

 

“Yes well when your past finds you, it ruins your plans,” Hyeona said.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

“Don’t speak that name,” Hyeona said.

 

“Ok, ok,” Jihyun said leaning back into the couch. “Why didn’t you just return home instead of coming here?”

 

Hyeona scoffed before answering. “Please, like I ever go there. Besides why would I want to when I’m free to do what I please.”

 

“Look I know ever since your mom died—”

 

“What about it?”

 

“You can grieve, its ok.”

 

Hyeona let out a laugh and Jihyun found nothing funny about it. Hyeona leaned back, shaking her head.

 

“She made the mistake of taking me instead of my sister,” Hyeona said. “And my stepfather, wherever he is needs to stop looking for me because I’m not going back.”

 

“Your sister?” Jihyun asked. “Why would you say that?”

 

Hyeona turned to Jihyun, giving her a twisted smile. “I rather be given to my father than live my life with my mother. Look where that got us. Nowhere.” Hyeona let out another laugh. “My sister just got the better life or so she thinks but she doesn’t know what’s coming to her.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Hyeona smirked. “Hi, I’m Hyuna.”

 

A/N: Not edited. Hyuna doesn't know about Hyeona because her father never told her she had a twin sister.