Chapter 17

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 17

 

When morning came, Hyeona’s eyes opened and quickly realized she wasn’t in her shared motel room with Jihyun. She sighed softly and closed her eyes tightly before reopening them again.

 

So everything that happened wasn’t a dream. Her memories of the previous day came back to her piece by piece. Hyeona couldn’t stop the wedding. Right now the woman married to Jiyong is her sister. It should’ve been her. Jiyong loves her, not Hyuna.

 

A bitter scoff left her lips silently as Hyeona tried to get off the bed but she was held back from doing so. The force of her body was pulled back onto the bed so suddenly she barely had time to think about what just happened.

 

“What the…” Hyeona looked to her hands which were tied to the bed post. She tugged at them until the rattling brought in the handsome man from last night, whom Hyuna momentarily forgot. She stopped tugging and looked at him standing in the doorway.

 

“Good morning,” Jaejoong said as if he didn’t notice Hyeona’s hands were tied to the bed posts.

 

Hyeona studied him for a brief second before saying anything back. “It’d be a better morning if my hands weren’t tied to the bed, don’t you think?” She pouted as she signaled to her hands with a tilt of her head. “Untie me, please?”

 

“Why would I do that?” Jaejoong let a smirk curve onto his lips. His eyes darkened into the darkest shade of black. A look that burned with desire.

 

All of a sudden, the blood inside Hyeona’s body ran cold. Her eyes widened with shock. The sudden change of expression in Jaejoong’s face made her realize that this was a mistake and now she was regretting it deeply. She tried untying her hand but it was no use.

 

Seeing this, Jaejoong crawled onto the bed and over Hyeona’s body. He forcibly pulled Hyeona to face him properly. “Ah, ah, ah. You can try but it won’t work.”

 

“Get off me!” Hyeona screamed. “What the hell are you doing? Huh?”

 

“Didn’t your mother ever tell you not to go home with strange men?” Jaejoong chuckled into Hyeona’s neck. She pulled away as far as she could with a look of disgust. She should’ve seen this coming. With her luck, everything momentarily good turns bad.

 

“Let me go, you bastard!”

 

“I don’t think I’m letting you go anytime soon,” Jaejoong said. “You’re too much fun. It’d be a shame to lose you. I should really thank him, whoever he was.”

 

“When I get out of here, you’ll pay for doing this to me!”

 

A smirk plastered across Jaejoong’s face and Hyeona didn’t like how it made her feel so small, so intimidated. Fear was the only thing in her eyes now and she was seeing it in the form of the man in front of her.

 

“When will that be? Today? Tomorrow? A year from now?”

 

Hyeona gasped at the thought of being here for a year. She would not let that happen. Did this handsome psychopath really think she would’t make it out of here?

 

“I’ll love you better than him or anyone for that matter.”

 

Hyeona felt a pair of lips devouring her own. She squirmed and kicked but the man had her held down. When her opportunity came, Hyeona bit down on Jaejoong’s lips hard.

 

He pulled back with a hiss and wiped a thumb across his lips. When he looked down all he saw was red. His eyes returned to Hyeona who smirked back at him. Her lips and teeth were stained with his blood.

 

“Such a bad boy,” Hyeona taunted. “What’s wrong? I thought you wanted this.”

 

“!”

 

Hyeona turned away expecting the man to slap her but before he could, a voice rang from outside the room.

 

“Jaejoong!”

 

Both their eyes widened. Hyeona’s mouth quickly opened. “Hel—”

 

Jaejoong rushed to her quickly, covering with his hand. “I’ll be right there baby.” He looked back down to Hyeona with a smirk. With his free hand he reached into the dresser and grabbed out a roll of duct tape. He ripped a piece of and quickly covered Hyeona’s lips.

 

Hyeona’s angry eyes glared at the male. The anger in her eyes made him happy. He was loving every second of this. Jaejoong backed up slowly, eyes still on Hyeona. He smirked his bloody lips before turning his back and walking out the door. He slammed it shut and locked it.

 

As soon as the door shut, Hyeona tried screaming as loud as she could. She kicked and stuggled on the bed but it was no use. She even tried to free her hands again but still nothing. The only thought that kept her sane was that this one thing was for sure though, she knew Jihyun would be looking for her.

 

“Jihyo, you know how I feel about you coming over unannounced,” Jaejoong said as soon as he met with the person calling his name.

 

“Your lips…” Jihyo said noticing the blood. “What happened?”

 

“Let’s just say I have a really untamed pet,” Jaejoong said with a smirk.

 

Suddenly a pounding and muffling noise was ringing in the hallway where they stood. Jaejoong internally cursed to himself. This girl was a lot more than he thought she was. He smiled at Jihyo ignoring the noise in hopes that she won’t ask questions.

 

“What’s that noise?”

 

“My untamed pet. Now let’s get going?”

 

***

 

Jiyong stared at his wife’s sleeping face. He had woken up about an hour ago or so before but remained in their now shared bed. He waited a long time for mornings like these. Mornings where he would wake up next to the person he loves.

 

“I didn’t mean to, Jiyong. I didn’t to…”

 

Jiyong pressed a light kiss onto Hyuna’s forehead and pulled her closer to his body that way his chin rested on top of her head.

 

“Jiyong… don’t leave me.”

 

“What kind of nightmares are you having?”

 

Hyuna stirred awake in his arms. When her eyes opened she stared up at Jiyong until her vision focused correctly. Then her eyes widened and she pushed herself away from Jiyong.

 

“Good morning to you too, Mrs. Kwon.”

 

“Jiyong…” Hyuna’s voice was quiet, as if she was afraid to ask. “You didn’t do anything to me, did you?”

 

A scoff left Jiyong’s lips followed by a smirk. “No. But… if you wanted me to, I still could.”

 

“Absolutely not!”

 

Hyuna positioned herself at the edge of the bed with her back facing Jiyong. She breathed a sigh of relief, hugging herself for comfort. She could feel Jiyong’s eyes on her.

 

“You talk in your sleep,” Jiyong spoke up. “Did you know that? What were you dreaming about?”

 

A tear rolled down her face as she recalled what she saw in her dreams. “Nothing. It doesn’t matter. It was only just a dream.”

 

“You were calling my name.”

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

 

Jiyong moved beside Hyuna, pressing a kiss onto her shoulder. “You’re my wife now.” He took her hand, intertwining their fingers together. “I’ll listen if you just tell me.”

 

Hyuna turned to face Jiyong. “You never listen. Even if you do, you never believe me.” Hyuna stood up, avoiding Jiyong’s eyes as she made her way into the bathroom.

 

As Jiyong sat there sinking those words in, he realized that the words Hyuna said were lies. He made his way to the bathroom door, knocking softly but received no response.

 

“Meet me downstairs for breakfast with mother,” Jiyong said. “Don’t keep me waiting.”

 

It was truly frustrating but Jiyong was willing to put up with it because he had Hyuna by his side. No matter how much it hurt him as long as she was his and only his, the pain was bearable. Was being loved in return too much to ask? He really couldn’t understand Hyuna at all. The only thing he truly understood was she didn’t love him.

 

When Jiyong sat at the table, the first thing he noticed was that there were only two breakfast platters set up. He looked up at the seat across from him and saw that it was empty. The seat had belonged to his wife. His eyes traveled to his mother who sat next to him at the end of the table.

 

“Where’s Hyuna?”

 

“She left to go to work,” Eunju said.

 

“What? Who sent her?”

 

“Teddy, of course.” Eunju noticed the scowl on Jiyong’s face. She set down her silverware and placed a hand onto his cheek. “What’s with the face?”

 

Jiyong pulled away and stood up from the table. “I won’t be eating anymore. I have a few words I need to have with my wife.”

 

“May I ask what those words are?” Eunju asked.

 

“I’ll take care of it, mother.” It was the only thing Jiyong said before exiting the dining room.

 

It bothered him so much. It bothered him to the point where it drove him crazy. Hyuna would do anything to keep her distance from him. This made him smile manically to himself as he drove fast speed to the hospital.

 

He stormed in demanding to know where Hyuna was. He asked every nurse, every clerk but got his answer when he spotted the familiar face. His eyes were locked on Hyuna who was engaged in a conversation with another nurse. His body wasn’t in his own control anymore. He was moving towards her and as soon as he reached her, his hand grabbed her wrist pulling her away from the nurse.

 

“Jiyong, what are you doing here?” Hyuna asked. Her eyes widened with surprise and she tried pulling back her hand. “You can’t just take me away from work. Jiyong!”

 

Jiyong came to a halt. He turned around and Hyuna’s lips shut tight. “Stop speaking. You’re my wife. You don’t need to be working anymore. I can provide you all we need. We’re going home now.”

 

“No,” Hyuna firmly stated. “I don’t need you to provide for me. I was fine before you came along and I’m fine now.”

 

Jiyong scoffed. “I’m your husband. Most importantly, you’re the wife of the CEO of Kwon Enterprises. How do you think I feel when people tell me my wife is working when she doesn’t have to? It’s embarrassing.”

 

“I don’t care what they think,” Hyuna said. “They don’t have to worry about the wife of Kwon Enterprises’ CEO. I married and inherited the last name. I’m sorry to be such an embarrassment to you.” Hyuna finally cut loose from Jiyong’s grip. “I’ll see you at home… maybe.”

 

“Ah!” Jiyong cried holding onto his stomach. Hyuna turned around as soon as she heard him.

 

“Are you alright, sir?” Gayoon asked.

 

Jiyong continued bending forward, shaking his head frantically.

 

“What’s going on?” Gayoon looked to Hyuna who only watched her husband with skeptical eyes.

 

Jiyong was causing a scene in the hall. Hyuna grabbed him, supporting all his weight onto her. “I’ll take care of him,” she assured. She took Jiyong into an empty room and threw him onto the bed. Hyuna walked back and slammed the door shut.

 

The second the door shut, Jiyong went silent. He sat up, raising his brow with a smirk curled on his lip. Hyuna rolled her eyes and leaned back against the wall. She crossed her arms against her chest and glared at Jiyong.

 

“Did you really think I’d fall for that?”

 

“No I know you’re smarter than that but I’ll do anything to just to have you to myself.”

 

“You really—”

 

Just then the door opened and Jiyong returned to his act. Hyuna rolled her eyes again but bowed politely to Dr. Heo as she entered.

 

“Gayoon just informed me that your husband suddenly had stomach pains,” Dr. Heo said. “I’ll assign him to you.”

 

“Thank you, Dr. Heo,” Hyuna said.

 

“Mr. Kwon, I hope you feel better. It must be nice to have a nurse as a wife.”

 

Jiyong smiled though his fake pain. He looked at Hyuna, sneaking in a wink that Dr. Heo missed. None of his pleased Hyuna at all. If anything, she was annoyed and angry that Jiyong would sabotage her work.

 

“I’ll leave now. If there is anything you need then please call us but I’m pretty sure your wife will be available to look after her own husband.”

 

“Th… thank you,” Jiyong groaned.

 

When Dr. Heo left the room, Hyuna spoke up. “Ok, drop the act.”

 

“Is she your superior?”

 

“Go home,” Hyuna said.

 

“No. As you can see I’m hurt. What kind of nurse doesn’t care for a hurt patient?” He lied down on the bed waiting for Hyuna to walk over. He clicked his tongue twice signaling her to hurry.

 

Hyuna walked over to Jiyong. “Where does it hurt?” Hyuna asked sarcastically. She placed her hands onto Jiyong’s abdomen, pressing down until Jiyong felt a slight pressure.

 

“Lower,” Jiyong groaned. Hyuna’s hand moved lower. “Lower.” Again but this time more hesitant. “Lower-ah…”

 

Knowing where this was going, Hyuna backed away. “This isn’t a joke, Jiyong! I have a job to do so if you’re just making fun of me, then leave.”

 

Jiyong sat up quickly, stealing a kiss from Hyuna. Both their eyes were open but Hyuna’s widened from shock. She pulled away, exiting the room as fast as she could.

 

“Hyuna!” Jiyong called after her. He hopped off the bed and ran out the door after her. “Hyuna, come back here!”

 

Hyuna’s pace fastened. She didn’t even turn around to glance at him. Jiyong tried his best to keep up that was until Hyuna disappeared behind a pair of doors.

 

“I’m sorry, sir but you can’t go in there,” a nurse said. “Employees only.”

 

Giving up for now, Jiyong put his hands up and backed away. He flashed a smirk towards the door knowing who was hiding behind it.

 

A few hours passed and Hyuna tried her best to forget about the entire Jiyong incident. On her free time, she went back to doing what he had before. She was writing things down and still secretly trying to find the Kim Hyuna, Jiyong was really looking for.

 

“Hyuna?”

 

Hyuna exited the browser fast and looked up. She cleared before speaking. “Yes?”

 

“Dr. Heo would like to see you.”

 

Hyuna nodded and made her way to Dr. Heo’s office. The door was open and from what she saw, Dr. Heo looked disappointed. She was holding some documents in her hands as she was seated at her desk. Hyuna walked in silently and took the empty seat.

 

“You wanted to see me, Dr. Heo?”

 

“We’ve received your resignation letter. I’m sorry to hear that you’re leaving.”

 

“What resignation letter?” Hyuna’s brows furrowed. She was just as confused at Dr. Heo was now. “I never sent in my resignation letter.”

 

“Well if you didn’t who did?” Dr. Heo asked.

 

“I did.”

 

Hyuna quickly turned to the voice. It didn’t surprise her who stood at the door. Her eyes turned to angry. She couldn’t stop glaring at him with fire in her eyes.

 

“Dr. Heo, I believe this is truly a misunderstand I—”

 

“Hyuna will no longer be working for you. From now on she’ll accept her duty as a Kwon and help me run Kwon Enterprises. I truly apologize, Dr. Heo.”

 

Hyuna had no words. She couldn’t believe Jiyong was doing this to her. She wanted to tell Dr. Heo it wasn’t true. She had no say in this.

 

Jiyong took Hyuna’s hand and dragged her away from the office and out the doors of the hospital and into the parking lot where Jiyong had parked his car. He opened the passenger door for Hyuna, trying to forcefully push her inside.

 

“Let go of me!”

 

Jiyong playfully smiled. “You look so beautiful when you’re angry.”

 

“How dare you?” Hyuna’s voice raised.

 

Jiyong pushed Hyuna onto the car, caging her in between his arms. “You want to work so badly?” Jiyong asked. “You’ll working by my side from this moment forward. Remember, I don’t like people playing with what’s mine.”

 

“Why are you doing this to me?” Hyuna asked. “Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

 

“I made a promise that I intend to keep,” Jiyong replied. “Now hurry up and get in. We don’t want to be late for our honeymoon.”

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for being away from this fanfic for such a long time. But I’m back now! Not edited.