Chapter 25

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 25

 

The image of the blonde woman in front of her wouldn’t go away. Even if she blinked, the woman still appeared when she opened her eyes. It was like staring into a mirror but this wasn’t Hyuna’s reflection. This woman had her face but was nothing like her. 

 

“And you must be Hyuna.” 

 

Hyeona circled around Hyuna, twirling Hyuna’s black locks between her fingers for fun. Hyeona enjoyed the look of fear and guilt on Hyuna’s face. She deserved to feel this way. She leaned in closer to Hyuna’s ear. 

 

“It’s amazing how identical we are, no wonder Jiyong thought you were me.” Hyeona stepped away and Hyuna quickly turned around to see Hyeona. “I’m sorry but this one I can’t let you have.” 

 

“How? How is this—“

 

“Possible?” Hyeona answered for her. “I’m your twin. The forgotten daughter of Kim Seungsung. By the look on your face I can tell your father never informed you of my existence.” 

 

Hyuna walked towards her sister and took a hold of her hands. Hyeona looked down at their hands but her facial expression didn’t change one bit. “I’m so happy to meet you,” Hyuna said sincerely even though she felt her heart breaking in her chest. “Hyeona.” 

 

Hyeona’s hand tore away from Hyuna’s roughly. The look of disgust showed on her face. “Actually it’s not so nice to meet me. You shouldn’t be so happy to see me. I came to take back what you stole from me.” 

 

“Stole?” 

 

“Don’t act so innocent, Hyuna,” Hyeona scoffed. “You know what I’m talking about.” 

 

“Why are you speaking like this?” 

 

“Because you took away what I had first!” Hyeona snapped. Hyuna stumbled slightly on her heels from the loud scream emitted from her sister’s mouth. “You took Jiyong from me. You knew damn well, he didn’t love you but you still married him. Why would you do that to me?” 

 

Hyuna felt the tears pouring down her face. This is what Hyeona wanted. She wanted to see Hyuna broken and she wanted her to feel the pain and guilt consume her whole. 

 

“I never wanted to marry, Jiyong,” Hyuna explained. “Please Hyeona, don’t—“

 

“So why did you?” 

 

“I’m speaking the truth,” Hyuna said. “If you didn’t use my name none of this would have happened.”

 

“Oh now this is my fault?” Hyeona asked. 

 

“I’m not blaming you for anything, Hyeona but why? Why did you use my name?” 

 

Hyeona crossed her arms against her chest. A half smirk tugged on her red lips and she spoke the truth, “Because I wanted to taint the reputation of Kim Hyuna.” 

 

There it was. The truth that shattered Hyuna’s heart and possibly the world she thought she knew. Tears continued traveling down her face but no cries escaped her lips. Hyeona’s hateful stare made her feel small. She couldn’t look her sister in the face without seeing hate in her eyes. 

 

“Kim Hyuna it’s time you know what suffering and losing is,” Hyeona said.

 

“Why did it take you so long to come back?” Hyuna asked. “He waited for you everyday. You chose now, why?” 

 

“I’m here now and I am not going anywhere,” Hyeona stated firmly. “If anyone is leaving it’s you Hyuna. If you want to start being an older sister now, give up your role as Kwon Jiyong’s wife. Give me what’s rightfully mine. Would you be able to give up Jiyong for me?” 

 

Hyuna had been ready to give up everything from the start. She prepared herself for this heartbreak in hopes that it would hurt her less but right now the pain is all she felt. It hadn’t even start yet. She believed the heartbreak would begin with Jiyong but no it began with herself. 

 

“Jiyong!” Hyeona exclaimed happily as she rushed past Hyuna purposely bumping into her. Hyuna felt numb. She felt nothing but the heartache, everything else was numb.

 

Hyuna turned around and met eyes with Jiyong who had Hyeona around his arm. Their gazes wouldn’t tear apart and from his expression, Hyuna couldn’t tell what was on his mind. She came back to end their relationship and this is where it will end. 

 

“I was just telling Hyuna how happy I was to finally meet her,” Hyeona said clinging onto Jiyong like a child possessive of her toy. “I never thought we’d meet in this lifetime.” 

 

Hyuna was the first to break away from their stare down. She held back the tears but didn’t say anything. What could she say? But as she looked back up, Jiyong’s eyes never left her. 

 

“I’m glad you two found each other,” Hyuna said. 

 

“Me too,” Jiyong agreed. “I found the one who I truly love. The one who loves me more than anyone ever could.” 

 

“Congratulations,” Hyuna said. 

 

The stoic look on Jiyong’s face remained unaltered. He narrowed his eyes in on Hyuna’s expression and her body language. He expected more of a reaction from Hyuna but didn’t receive what he hoped for. 

 

“Why are you here?” Jiyong asked. 

 

Hyuna looked to Hyeona, who deviously smiled at her as she leaned in closer to Jiyong’s chest. Her eyes returned to Jiyong’s and she remembered why she was here.

 

“I came to say goodbye.” 

 

A bitter smile formed from Jiyong’s lips. “Was that your intention from the start? To say goodbye? Or did you come here to hurt me again?” 

 

“I would never hurt you intentionally like how you hurt me,” Hyuna replied. “I’ll have my lawyer send you the divorce papers.” Those were Hyuna’s last words before she brushed past the two lovers. 

 

“You must be happy now,” Jiyong taunted. “Who are you running to see this time? Remember you’re still a Kwon, don’t go fooling around with my last name.” 

 

Hyuna bit her lip, in a silent sob. She held her tongue but this was going to be over soon. Jiyong already hates her. He will need to hate her more if she wanted to be free. 

 

“As of now, I am no longer Kwon Hyuna or a Kwon. I have and always will be Kim Hyuna. So, Jiyong-ssi whoever I mess with  is my business.” 

 

Hyuna paced her steps to get away from the Kwon Mansion. As soon as she was out and away, she finally broke down. 

 

“Should I go after her?” Teddy asked as he rushed to the door.

 

“No,” Jiyong said. “You may tend to other business.”

 

Teddy was taken back by the answer. He hesitated but remained inside the mansion. His eyes watched until Hyuna disappeared from sight. He didn’t miss the watchful stare he received from Jiyong or his new lover. Teddy left the two and went to tend to his other business.

 

“Jiyong, I have to get back,” Hyeona said. “My friend is waiting for me.” 

 

“I’ll drive you,” Jiyong said. 

 

“No, she already assured me she was picking me up,” Hyeona said. “I didn’t mean to cause such trouble between you, your mom and my sister.” 

 

With a shake of his head, Jiyong took a hold of Hyeona’s hand, gently it with his thumb. “No, you only helped me see where I went wrong. I love you. And soon you’ll be where you belong.” 

 

“You mean here?” Hyeona asked. 

 

“Yes,” Jiyong confirmed. 

 

Hyeona smiled brightly. She tried to press her lips against Jiyong but instead of kissing his lips, she kissed the side of his cheek. The sudden move baffled Hyeona but she didn’t make a big deal out of it. 

 

There was a car honking outside the gates of mansion. Hyeona looked out the door and saw the familiar car and a familiar face waving at her. 

 

“I’ll see you soon,” Hyeona said before leaving. 

 

As soon as Hyeona left, Jiyong grabbed his keys and rushed out the door. He drove as fast as he could following the same direction he saw Hyuna walking in. From a distance he saw the familiar face, waving for a cab that came to a full stop.

 

Hyuna reached to open the cab door but it suddenly closed on her. She looked up and saw Jiyong standing in front of her. 

 

“What are you doing?” Hyuna asked reaching for the handle again but Jiyong grasped onto her hand. “Let go of me.” 

 

“In a hurry?” Jiyong asked, pulling Hyuna along with him. “Sorry to interrupt your date but I can’t have you doing anything as long as you have my last name.” 

 

Hyuna tugged her hand away. “Shouldn’t you be with your lover? Why are bothering me?” 

 

“My lover? You mean your sister?” 

 

Hyuna remained quiet at the mention of the word ‘sister.’ She took a step back when Jiyong reached for her again. 

 

“Let’s go,” Jiyong said. 

 

“I’m not going anywhere with you,” Hyuna said. 

 

“You can get into my car and comply or I’ll force you.” 

 

“Try and I’ll scream right here, right now,” Hyuna threatened. “You think I won’t?”

 

Jiyong took a look at all the people around them. He growled quietly. While Jiyong was distracted momentarily, Hyuna took the opportunity to run off. 

 

“Hyuna, stop right there!” Jiyong shouted. He caught up to her in no time and turned her to face him. “Where will you run away from me? Do you hate me that much?” 

 

“I’m tired, Jiyong,” Hyuna said. “I just want this to be over. As long as Hyeona is in your life, I won’t be. I don’t want to be. Don’t make things harder than it has to be.” 

 

“You don’t think I’m tired?” Jiyong asked, hurt clearly in his eyes. “Every time I see you I can only think of all those other men who have touched you too. How many, huh? Do you know what people say about you? Do you care? Until we’re officially divorced, I won’t let you do anything shameful for my family.”

 

Hyuna pushed Jiyong away. “I already told you that you had nothing to worry about. Once the divorce is settled, you won’t see me again.” 

 

Jiyong wanted to hurt her. He wanted her to feel the pain she had put him through. He was carelessly speaking, intentionally trying to hurt Hyuna. 

 

“Make it soon.” 

 

Jiyong stormed off leaving Hyuna to hold back her tears. She didn’t want to cry in front of him. She waited until he climbed back into his car and drove off, speeding past her.

 

His eyes stared back at the rear view mirror where she stood. His heart clenched tightly in his chest and he fist came in contact with the steering wheel. 

 

When Jiyong returned home, he heard voices coming from the living room. The voices belonged to Eunju and Teddy. He stopped at the entrance way and listened in on the conversation.

 

“Is this really what young master wants?” Teddy asked. 

 

Eunju sighed deeply. “I don’t know what he wants. Jiyong made a mistake and he’s already admitted it. But we involved the Kims into this. What will they think?” 

 

“Isn’t Hyeona also Seungsung’s daughter?” 

 

“Yes but a daughter he never raised and no one else seems to know about. I will respect Jiyong’s decision if he decides to push for a divorce. I love my son but it’s Hyuna that I’m more worried for.” 

 

“Why is that?” 

 

Eunju paused for a moment, thinking about what she really wanted to say. It wasn’t hard but it wasn’t easy to say either. “Your husband leaving you for another woman with the same face as yours, how would you feel?” 

 

Teddy nodded. From the corner of his eyes he saw a shadow at the entrance of the living room archway. Someone had been listening and Teddy felt the need to say this. “Hyeona is Jiyong’s first love. They say your first love can not be forgotten. Maybe that’s why Jiyong will choose Hyeona over Hyuna. He fell in love with Hyeona not Hyuna. Miss Hyuna is still young. There’s no doubt in my mind that she won’t find another. Perhaps one who knows her heart.” 

 

Jiyong walked away from the conversation. He’s heard enough. He wouldn’t ever let Hyuna be happy for causing him so much pain. Dream on it. 

 

***

 

Zico threw himself onto the mattress with a sigh. Since he’s been admitted into the hospital, he feels like he’s gone crazy. 

 

He shook his head and reached for his phone in his pocket. He scrolled through his emails until one caught his eye. Something about his bank statement. His eyes widened and darkened with anger. He felt the blood boiling underneath his skin. It couldn’t be true.

 

Zico threw his phone across the room where it shattered into pieces and scattered across the floor. He tore at everything in his path. Angry wasn’t even the word to describe him at the moment. 

 

How? Where did 500 million won disappear to? He threw his fist into the wall where little cracks formed from the impact. His knuckles began to bleed but he could care less about that. All he wanted to know was where his money went. 

 

 

 

A/N: Not edited. I might add more onto this chapter later.