Lay me down

If you fall, I'll laugh and fall too

"Jimin?"

"Jimin, wake up!"

"Jimin, Jungkook's awake." The voices and someone shaking his shoulder finally wake Jimin up. He's confused. Of course Jungkook is awake, Jimin talked to him, they're at the dorm. But they aren't. When Jimin opens his eyes they're at the hospital and Jungkook is still in the hospital bed, blinking with a confused look on his face. It was all just a dream, every bad word Jimin said, every apology. It was all just a dream. He gets to do it right this time.

The doctor comes in and starts to do tests, seeing what condition Jungkook is in. Jimin doesn't say a word to Jungkook or anyone else, he just sits there beside the younger's bed. Jungkook glances at him from time to time with a careful expression on his face and every time Jimin smiles at him a little. The doctor says Jungkook has a head concussion but nothing severe and that he'll be able to go home in a few hours. The doctor stands to leave and tells them to wake Jungkook up at night every two or three hours to make sure he won't go into a coma. 

A few hours later a nurse comes by to tell them that Jungkook can go home now and their manager drives them back to the dorm. It's awkward and quiet with Taehyung being overly worried and Hoseok trying to calm him down, telling him to go take a shower.

"Do you need anything?" Hoseok then asks Jungkook, once it's just the three of them in the living room. Jungkook shakes his head a little.

"You should go get some rest then, it's been a long day", the oldest one says and Jungkook obeys immediately, walking to his room and shutting the door behind him. Then Hoseok turns to look at Jimin and sighs.

"I'm gonna talk to him, don't worry", says Jimin, now completely sure that he does want Jungkook back. Hoseok just nods and walks away, leaving Jimin to stand alone in the living room.

 

 

"Hey", Jimin says quietly after opening the door to Jungkook's room. The lights are off but the light from outside is enough for Jimin to see Jungkook sitting on his bed, playing with his phone. He looks up. Jimin can see a look of confusion on the younger's face. At least it's not full of hurt and anger like in Jimin's dream. He couldn't handle it, not again especially in real life. It's a relief Jungkook didn't hear all the things Jimin said to him. 

"Do you need anything?" Jimin asks quietly, trying to smile a bit as a sign that there's no bad feelings anymore but it probably looks really forced. Jungkook knows him well enough to know the difference. 

"I'm thirsty..." the younger says after a while. Jimin already takes a step towards the door, ready to go get a glass of water for Jungkook.

"You want me to get you some water?" he asks but the younger just shakes his head. 

"No, not like that."

And Jimin immediately gets it. Jungkook once told him that whenever he misses someone a lot, he feels thirsty. He was very close with his uncle and so when his uncle died when Jungkook was only seven years old, his parents gave him a glass of water every time the boy cried missing his uncle. Now he can't almost tell the difference between missing someone and being thirsty. Instead of standing still, Jimin goes to sit beside Jungkook on the younger's bed, leaving a bit of space between them. A space he'd like to make disappear.

"I miss you, Jungkook", Jimin says quietly, "There's no way to tell you how much I'm missing you. I'm sorry."

"No, it's not your fault. You probably freaked out or got sick of it when I became a little distant. Or maybe... Maybe you didn't think I wanted you the way you wanted me", says Jungkook, looking down at his hands, "I heard you talking about it with Hoseok hyung a few weeks ago but honestly I was too embarrassed back then to talk to you about it."

"Talk to me about what?" Jimin asks. It could be anything. He talks to Hoseok a lot about Jungkook and their relationship... Used to talk.

"I wanna have with you." That completely leaves Jimin speechless so Jungkook just goes on:

"I heard you saying you were worried I didn't want to... I did and I still do. I was a bit embarrassed because I'm not ready yet but after some time passes and I'm ready I do want to have with you. I wanna do everything with you, Jimin, I wanna love you with all that I have and treat you better than anyone ever has because that's what you deserve. I wanna sing with you on stage, in the recording room and I wanna have photoshoots with you. I wanna talk with you about life and death and our problems. I want to go on dates and I even want to fight with you just to make up afterwards. I want to spend the days in ten years talking with you about the time we used to perform. I... Maybe one day I want to marry you."

Jimin doesn't know at what point the tears start to slowly blur his vision, roll onto his cheeks but Jungkook's last sentence is way too much for Jimin to handle and he closes the space between them, pulling the younger's mouth to his. The kiss is a little sloppy and wet and kind of gross too, with Jungkook wincing in pain when Jimin accidentally touches a bruise on his face. But no doubt, it's the best and the most beautiful kiss they've shared.

"I want those things, too", Jimin manages to say in-between the kisses, "Most of all, I want you back. I want to lay by your side and take care of you, make sure you're okay."

"You have me", Jungkook assures him and pulls him into a thight hug. "Can I lay down next to you?" Jimin asks and Jungkook nods. They lie down, bodies pressed together and from time to time kissing and even shedding a few tears.

"It's like one of your dramas", Jungkook laughs after a while of silence.

"What is?"

"This. This is what you wanted, right? Someone you know you'll end up with no matter what you go through."

"I love you, Kookie, so much. From now on before breaking up let's talk about any problems we might have, okay? I didn't realize it before because I'm different but you might need some space sometimes and of course I will give you that. Don't worry about needing space, really. Just tell me, if not face to face then you can even text me or tell Hobi hyung or Tae to tell me", Jimin mumbles, pulling Jungkook even closer. Maybe the dream, as awful as it was, was of some use. 

"I love you so much", the younger says and after a while continues, "Now I really am thirsty. Can we go get some water?"

"Of course", Jimin laughs.

 

 

"So you are leaving together to Busan then?" Taehyung asks later that night, when the four of them are sitting in the living room watching TV. Jimin is comfortably curled up against Jungkook's muscular body while Hoseok is lying down with his head resting on Taehyung's lap. Jungkook smiles widely and presses a kiss on the top of Jimin's head.

"Yes."

"I wouldn't let him go alone even if he wanted to", Jimin says.

"You guys better ing not break up again. I had enough of you two brooding for a life time. If you break up again, we're kicking you out", Hoseok says, mocking annoyance and they all laugh.

"We will never break up", Jimin promises and presses a genle kiss on Jungkook's lips which the younger immediately answers excitedly, tilting his head a little to deepen the kiss. Hoseok and Taehyung groan in unison at the display of affection.

"So when are you leaving?" Hoseok asks.

"Tomorrow evening. Don't worry, we'll be out of here soon so you two can get to ing already", Jimin says with a grin when the couple turns red as a tomato.

"Yeah, you guys can be as loud as you want", Jungkooks joins in and gets a pillow thrown at him by Taehyung.

"Yeah, we will be. We'll all day. Too bad you two will be at your parents so you won't get the chance", Hoseok says.

"Our Jungkookie is still way too young and innocent for that", Jimin says with a huge smile on his lips and ruffles Jungkook's hair. The younger huffs, clearly annoyed at being babied like that because he sure as hell is not a baby. All of them laugh and Jimin feels nothing but happiness. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: oops lol i was not supposed to make the end of last chapter a dream, i rly wasn't but then a day after posting it i remembered that wasn't how it was supposed to go so i had no other choice XDDD anyways after so much angst and fighting i hope this is enough fluff for you to have to go to a dentist. what did you think? did you guys like this chap? to be honest i'm a bit relieved that they're finally back together haha

also i'll be leaving to korea for a month in a week so i don't know when i'll be able to write more. so is there any requests? anything you want to happen in busan or after they come back? also i thought about writing some bonus chaps, some short snippets of their life that are not rly a part of the story line but for example the first time they met etc. would you guys like that? and if you would, is there any requests for the bonuses too? :)

thanks for reading and commenting and sticking with me, love you lots <3