In sickness and in health

If you fall, I'll laugh and fall too

"Jimin, are you okay? You look like you're not well", Jungkook hears Jin ask Jimin behind his back and immediately turns around. It's true, Jimin's standing in the middle of the practice room with his eyes only half open, face dripping with sweat and skin paler than usual. They've been practicing only an hour for their last stage tomorrow and usually an hour of practice doesn't affect the boys one bit but Jungkook knows how Jimin gets from time to time, over-working himself and going way over board with extra practice and limiting his in take of food. Jungkook has tried to stop Jimin from doing it but the older is way too stubborn.

"Yeah, I'm fine", Jimin says, even his voice sounding weak. Everyone around him just stands there quietly and looking at each other like trying to telepathically discuss whether they should let Jimin practice or not. Jungkook, however, has had enough of Jimin not taking care of himself and goes to grab the older by his hand and lead him to the door after grabbing their stuff.

"Jimin's done practicing", Jungkook says angrily, "I'm taking him home to rest."

"Jungkook, stop. Let go of my hand! I'm fine", Jimin shouts at the younger when he's being dragged out of the practice room, with everyone's eyes on him. They're all shocked since Jungkook hardly shows emotion like that and Jimin never shouts at him. Jungkook slams the door shut behind them, drops Jimin's hand and raises his to touch the older's forehead. It's burning hot. Jimin just slaps his hand away angrily. 

"You're not. You're burning hot. You have fever and you can't practice like that. It's dangerous", Jungkook says with a low voice when they get out of the room and stop to stand in the hallway. He's trying hard not to get mad and start a fight even though Jimin doesn't seem to be in the mood to try not todo that either. 

 "That hasn't stopped neither you or me before and you know that. I'm fine", the older snaps, glaring at Jungkook.  

"Would you just..." Jungkook tries so hard to stay calm but looking at Jimin's pale face he just gets enough of it, "Would you just ing not be such a ing idiot and let me take care of you, okay? I'm stressed out as it is and you not taking care of yourself and doing like this just adds on it and I don't think I can handle anything happening to you so just... Just let me take care of you this once and think about your health just this once okay?" So much for staying calm. Jimin stares at him with his eyes wide and lips slightly parted.

"... Okay."

"Let's go." Jungkook takes his hand and starts to lead him downstairs to the lobby where their manager is doing some paper work. He rubs his neck while looking at some paper with furrowed eyebrows reminding Jungkook that the manager has a lot of work too and he's stressed out too.

"What's wrong, Jungkook? Jimin?" the manager looks up and lets his gaze wonder between the two. Jungkook doesn't even notice that he's still holding Jimin's hand. For some reason it just feels so natural, like Jimin's hand was made for being held by Jungkook's hand.

"Jimin's sick. Can you drive us to the dorm?" Jungkook asks and bites his lip.

"Yeah, of course", their manager gets up, gathers his papers and they start to walk to the van.

"Let me ask you for a favor", Jungkook whispers to Jimin when they're walking.

"What is it?"

"Just let me take care of you for today, okay?"

"Okay."  

 

 

"Don't you look just adorable with my hoodie on?" Jungkook smiles widely when Jimin comes out of his room after changing into gray sweatpants and Jungkook's over-sized hoodie. It's already too big for Jungkook so it looks kind of ridiculous on Jimin but the younger just thinks it's cute.

"Come here", Jungkook offers and points at the couch. Jimin doesn't even have time to say a word before he's been gently pushed down on the couch and wrapped into a Jimin-burrito with a warm blanket.

"Stay put, burrito", Jungkook says and disappears to the kitchen after turning the TV on for Jimin to watch.

"You know I don't really appreciate the nickname", Jimin says when the younger five minutes later comes with a cup of tea and a bag of Jimin's favorite chips.

"You do know that your nickname for me is basically a cookie in English so you don't get to whine about it. Besides you look like a burrito and I think it's cute. My Jimin-burrito", Jungkook says with his wide bunny smile and puts the cup of tea on the table in front of the sofa, "We can watch She was pretty. It's your favorite right now, isn't it? Which episode are you on? The 10th?"

"But you hate She was pretty", Jimin says with a frown.

"I don't mind it", Jungkook shrugs, "I actually kinda like it but I just don't wanna admit it in front of the hyungs. Besides I'm going to spoil you to death today and that includes feeding you your favorite foods and watching your favorite dramas and singing for you and cuddling you."

"I love you", Jimin smiles when Jungkook has put the drama on and come to the sofa to pull Jimin thightly against his chest.

"I know. I love you too", the younger says, opens the bag of chips and feeds Jimin one. So they lay on the sofa watching She was pretty, Jungkook cuddling his burrito boyfriend and feeding him chips and tea. At one point Jungkook gets up to make some porridge for Jimin and feeds it to him with some medicine and finally Jimin starts to feel a little better. 

"Can we watch Descendants of the sun?" Jimin asks after a while, "I'm sure you'll like it. It's got guns and action and soldiers and all that cool stuff you like. Plus it has all the romantic stuff too. It's not lame at all."

"Yeah, I've heard about it. We can watch it. I did promise you I would spoil you today", Jungkook says with a smile and gets up to change the drama, "You want a massage?" Jimin just sits up and drops himself on the floor as a yes and Jungkook can't do anything but shake his head and go sit on the couch behind Jimin. So they start to watch a new drama and Jungkook starts to massage Jimin's tense shoulders like he's done so many times in the past. 

"Jungkookie?" Jimin asks after three episodes when he's laying with his head resting on the younger's chest.

"Yeah?"

"Can we go to Busan together?" Jimin asks. Jungkook tilts his head a little. He was planning on going to Busan on their holiday, so why not go with Jimin? They could meet each other's families and walk by the sea and just go to the places they always used to go when living there.

"We have a holiday coming up, right? A month off?" 

"Yeah. I think it starts next week", Jimin answers.

"Let's go to Busan together", Jungkook smiles.

 

 

"Jungkookie?" Jimin whispers that night when they're laying in bed with their legs tangled and foreheads touching. Jungkook breathes out deeply, not opening his already closed eyes. It's almost a sigh but he doesn't seem annoyed or stressed so it's more like just breathing out deeply.

"Mm?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For today. For taking care of me even though I don't deserve it", Jimin says quietly. Now Jungkook opens his eyes to look at his hyung in wonder. Thinking about every time Jimin looked out for him and cheered him up, Jungkook runs his fingers through Jimin's hair pushing them away from the older's face. Jimin is so beautiful, that's all Jungkook can think about, so beautiful inside and out. 

"Why would you think that? You deserve so much more than I'm capable of giving you. You always treat people with so much love and don't even stop to think about yourself. I swear sometimes I see a halo on top of your head", Jungkook says completely serious.

"Like the song?" Jimin asks referring to Beyonce's song 'Halo'.

"Just like the song."

"Still, thank you for making me feel better again", Jimin says and wraps his arms around Jungkook. The younger instantly feels safer and warm, like he's been missing something without even knowing it and finally getting it.

"I'd do it again", the younger answers, "And I will."

"Jungkookie?" Jimin whispers again after a few minutes.

"Mm?"

"Let's not give each other a reason to get jealous anymore, okay?" Jimin suggests and Jungkook utters a laugh. He can clearly remember how childish he was when he was jealous of Jimin and Jackson. Back then it didn't seem childish at all, just reasonable (just look at Jackson, he's totally hot and funny), but now it does. He got jealous for no reason. Jimin's love for him is so clear that he shouldn't doubt it. He should show his love for the older that clearly too, Jungkook realizes. He hasn't done that great of a job in that department. 

"Let's not get jealous and fight about it", Jungkook whispers back, thinking about how he acted like a spoiled little kid not getting a toy he wanted, "Am I stupid for being scared of losing you?"

"Yes, you are. I'm never going to leave you. Even if you want me to. I will even be buried in the same casket with you when we die because I'm never leaving you. I'll clung onto you like a tumor."

"Hyung, that's horrible. Don't use cancer as a metaphor for your never-ending love for me. That can't be good. Besides, a tumor can be removed", Jungkook laughs.

"Okay, then. I'll clung onto you like a tattoo", Jimin grins.

"That doesn't make any sense, hyung. Tattoos don't clung onto anyone, they're made on you."

"Whatever, brat. I still love you when you're being a smartass like this", Jimin presses a kiss on Jungkook's forehead.

"And I still love you when you're not making any sense like this", Jungkook says and thightens his hold on Jimin, so that their whole bodies are touching. The younger can already feel the sleep coming to him but Jimin doesn't seem to be in the mood to sleep. Maybe because he rested all day and his body is confused with the amount of rest he's gotten today.

"Jungkookie?"

"Yes, hyung?"

"I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier. I just didn't wanna miss any practice. You know me", Jimin explains.

"It's okay. You're allowed to snap at me. No need to explain anything", Jungkook tries to assure him by drawing different patterns on Jimin's back with his fingers. It seems to work. Jungkook's not surprised: anyone he's ever met hasn't disliked it. For some reason everyone seems to love the feeling of someone drawing on their back.

"I can't wait to go to Busan with you", Jungkook says.

"Me neither. I've forgotten the dialect. It's a little embarrassing", the older laughs quietly.

"Me too."

"We're going home together", says Jimin before he falls asleep.

 

 

// heyyy sorry for being gone for so long... i still have two exams to go (if anyone here is super good at swedish then can u pls go do my swedish exam for me? <3) and i'm probably screwed bc i was writing the whole time i was supposed to be reading xD and sorry for such a short chapter, the next one will be longer. however i hope you liked thiss and if you threw up because it was too fluffy i'm terribly sorry, i was feeling the whole "jimin is sick and jungkook takes care of him" thing. also ANOTHER sleeping scene. i'm just gonna give up on trying not to write them xD

but what did you think about this chapter? jimin being sick and jungkook taking care of him? the two of them heading off to busan?

thank you for readinggg and i'll see you in the next update ^^