I'll never be okay

If you fall, I'll laugh and fall too

Jimin doesn't like to add on any pressure or worries on s' shoulders. It's already enough pressure to have the whole world watching you, you don't need any more personal drama. It's so much pressure that you'd think those people die from it. Some do, don't they? That's the reason why Jimin is worried. He's getting so worried that he can't even sleep, only worrying about his Jungkookie.

Ever since the hyungs started to turn on Jungkook almost three weeks ago, the boy's been just a shadow of what used to be the playful, smiling Jungkook. Every night he stays behind to practice for hours after the other members leave and he eats less and doesn't really talk to anyone. Jungkook used to play a lot of video games with his hyungs but now he just stays in his room. If somebody goes to check on him, he's sleeping. Jimin can't even recall the last time Jungkook spoke to him and so he thinks that he should do something about it.

 

 

"Are you staying, Jungkookie?" Jimin asks brightly that day when they're finally finished with practice. The younger just nods, not taking his eyes off the mirror while repeating three steps that already look perfect.

"Okay, I'll stay with you then", Jimin says and motions the others to leave.

"I know I've been a little distracted with the comeback so I haven't given you a lot of attention", Jimin starts carefully and studies Jungkook who just keeps dancing and trying to perfect the already perfect moves.

"It's okay, hyung", Jungkook says, or more like breathes out the words. Jimin can see how exhausted the younger is and it makes his heart break.

"No, no it's not okay, Jungkook, tell me what's going on", his tone gets more serious as he's watching the boy he adores so much, beat himself up.

"Nothing's going on. I'm just practicing", Jungkook says and stops dancing. He walks to his bag and takes a sip of water. He looks so tired Jimin's surprised he didn't notice until now: the circles under his eyes are so dark and Jungkook has lost so much weight you can almost see bones sticking out.

"I can see something is wrong. You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Jimin asks frowning.

"I'm fine hyung, really. Just a little tired so I'll be heading back to the dorm now", Jungkook says. Even his voice sounds empty in a way. Jimin has always loved the younger's angelic voice but now it's a little hollow. And so Jungkook leaves Jimin in the practice room even more worried.

 

 

"Jungkook, what are you doing? You should know this by now", Hoseok snaps the next day at practice. Jungkook doesn't answer, he just looks down and tries to steady his breath.

"You're not even gonna answer to your hyung? Wow, Jungkook that's arrogant even from you", Yoongi spits the words out of his mouth and it makes shivers go down Jimin's spine.

"Let him be, hyung", Jimin says as he can't handle seeing Jungkook being scolded anymore.

"Let's just end the practice here today. Try to know it by tomorrow", the choreographer says and leaves after gathering his things.

"Let's go then", Namjoon says after an awkward silence during which Yoongi glares at the maknae and Jimin glares at Yoongi.

"I'll stay here to practice", Jungkook says in such a small voice when the others are already exiting the room. Only Jimin stops for a while to look back at Jungkook and then leaves after the others, to go to the bathroom. He would never let his Jungkookie be alone in that state of mind. Nothing could've prepared Jimin for the sight when he goes back though. Jungkook is lying on the floor, curled up and sobbing. It's the most heart-breaking sight Jimin's ever seen. He quietly walks over to the crying boy, sits down next to him and carefully moves Jungkook's head on his lap so he could run his fingers through the younger's hair. Jungkook covers his ears and keeps on sobbing and sobbing.

"Hyung", he keeps on saying and everytime Jimin says "I'm right here".

"Hyung, I'll never be okay", Jungkook says quietly and if it's even possible, Jimin feels his heart break even more.

"Jungkook, what is it?"

"I'm never good enough. Not to you, the hyungs... I think... ARMYs... I want to-" after a while of his messy thoughts he gets quiet again.

"Jungkookie... My Jungkookie, I love you. ARMYs love you and even though it may not seem like it right now, the members love you", Jimin says quietly.

"But I need to improve everything, I need to -"

"You've got all the time to improve. Nobody expects you to be perfect in a few weeks, it's not natural, Jungkookie", Jimin says and when the younger doesn't say anything, he goes on, "We just wanna see you healthy, okay? We don't wanna see any bones sticking out or those dark circles or the anxious look in your beautiful eyes. We wanna see you healthy and happy. God, Jungkook, I wanna see you healthy and happy."

"Hyung", Jungkook just says and clungs onto Jimin, getting all the support he's been needing for so long.

"What do you say, Kookie? Will you become happy and healthy for us?" Jimin asks and presses his lips against Jungkook's forehead. The boy just nods and sits up, for a while just staring into Jimin's eyes. Then he wraps his hands around Jimin. Neither one knows how long they stayed there just hugging but during that time it feels like anything broken could be fixed.

 

 

"Did you talk to him? Did he explain his actions?" Namjoon asks Jimin later that night in the dorm.

"I think you guys have been a little too hard on him", Jimin says and looks down.

"I know we have and I feel really bad. I'm just tired of him ignoring his feelings", Namjoon says.

"He didn't say about any feelings towards me if that's what you wanted to know."

"Are you in love with Jungkook?" Namjoon then asks suddenly. Jimin looks at his hands. He's been thinking about it for such a long time and he's starting to figure out that you can't get any sense of feelings by thinking about them.

"Yeah, I am", he says.

"I'll talk to the kid", Namjoon stands up to go to his and Jungkook's room.

"Hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Make sure to apologize. He's been a little bit too depressed for my liking", Jimin says.

 

 

"Jungkookie?" Jungkook raises his head when Namjoon comes to their room.

"Yes, hyung?"

"First of all... I'm sorry for being such an to you these past few weeks. And an even worse leader. I know you don't mean anything bad by the way you play around with Jimin", Namjoon sits down next to the maknae.

"It's okay", Jungkook shrugs.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you in love with him?" the older one looks expectingly at Jungkook who's suddenly even more quiet than before, just staring at his hands.

"You are, aren't you?" Namjoon asks and Jungkook slowly nods.

"Then tell him that. Don't just fool around with him and make him feel like you don't like him."

"I can't tell Jimin that", Jungkook says.

"Why not?"

"Because he doesn't like me back." That makes Namjoon burst out in laughter.

"You know what, I think Jimin's liked you since the first time he saw you. He's so in love with you that I've never seen anyone so in love", he says and pats Jungkook's thigh.

"Jimin hyung likes me?" Jungkook asks.

"He's in love with you, Kookie. He just told me that five minutes ago", Namjoon says with a big smile on his face.

"But I..."

"Just go and confess before he's not in love with you anymore", the leader pushes Jungkook off the bed and towards the door. Jungkook starts walking towards Jimin's room and runs his fingers through his hair. He should just do it, right? He should just confess, right?

"Oh, Kookie", Jimin seems to be happy to see the younger come to him.

"I was wondering if I could sleep next to you tonight", Jungkook says quietly and Jimin's smile widens.

"Of course, come here", he answers and moves the blanket aside. Jungkook climbs next to him and cuddles up against Jimin's chest. He's missed it. It feels so warm and safe to be in his hyung's arms. What if Jimin doesn't like him back and Jungkook will lose him?

"Hyung?"

"Mm?"

"I think I like you."

 

 

// omg that's the longest chapter yet. i finally made it! i actually wrote a longer chapter xD i didn't wanna drag the angst for too long so i just had to fix everything in this chapter. also i'm sorry for everything i made kookie go through... he's my ub so i didn't really enjoy it either xD 

i think i won't be able to update this weekend... but i have a spring break next week so i'll write even more then! so for now i'm just gonna leave you guys hanging to see what happens after kookie's confession since i haven't entirely decided that yet :D

thank you for reading and hope you enjoyed! feel free to comment ^^