Destiny::GD::Part 24::Old Friends

Destiny: A GD and You Story.

[YOUR POV]

“Hi noona.”Mino greeted with a forced smile. (Noona again huh?)
“What are you guys doing here?”You asked, trying to seem fine.
Zico, seeming oblivoius to the situation, said,”Mino saw you had this recording studio reserved, I just wanted to see you.”
You felt relieved and smiled,”Oh yeah, it has been a long time huh? I haven’t seen you since…”
“Our collab a couple months ago.”Zico reminded,”Hopefully we can see you more often.”
“Yeah sorry,”You honestly apologized,”I’ll text you.”
Zico seemed satisfied and sighed,”Good. We’ll see you around. Maybe the cafeteria for lunch?”
“If I can get a break yeah.”You lied, you knew Mino was going to be there. 
Zico hugged you before heading for the door and you saw Mino stay in place.
“Hyung, I just need to talk to Hyorin noona about company stuff.”He informed.
Zico just nodded, seeing through the lie, and headed to the recording room next door. 
“Mino-ah-,”You started after the door closed.
“Noona, I have a girlfriend.”He quickly said. You were stunned. (A girlfriend?) It felt odd.
“Oh?”You said, caught off guard. 

That was not what you were expecting, even after you had told Mino that your relationship was strictly business now, he still messaged you every once and a while, saying he wouldn’t give up. But then you suddenly realized…he hasn’t tried to contact you for the past few months. Work and GD always kept your mind busy so you didn’t really notice until now.

“Yeah.”Mino nodded,”We started talking a couple months ago but recently started dating seriously. Noona, look, you and I both know things are extremely awakward between us and it makes work and life here at the company hard.”
You nodded in agreement,”I know.”
“So since I have someone I’m serious about now, it should be okay for us to be friends again right? Just to make things earlier, noona, sometimes I feel like I can’t breath because I don’t want to run into you here or when we have events.”
“Especially since the company doesn’t know.”You finished.

It was kind of an unspoken rule that you, Mino, or GD wouldn’t bring up the issue between you three to YG or else he would definitely make you guys break up and keep all three of you on a short chain until he figured something to fix it.

“Exactly.”Mino said.
There was a silence but after thinking about it you said,”Call. I don’t see the problem.”
“Thanks.”Mino smiled, geniuely this time,”I missed you. And don’t worry, I already talked to GD hyung.”
“Really?!”You asked surprised. GD hasn’t been exactly happy with Mino since you both started dating.
Mino nodded,”I didn’t want to make it any harder on you than it had to be. I told him everything and he seems more relaxed now. He even joked about a double date.” (Psh, yeah right…)
“Well this is awesome!”You said excitedly,”We can get back to normal!”
“Yeah,”Mino smiled awkwardly,”It probably will take some time, but it’s better than nothing. So you’ll actually meet us for lunch? No lie?”
You looked at him surprised,”Noona, we’ve been friends for so long. I know when you’re lying.”
You smiled to yourself. It really felt like nothing changed.
“Yeah, just text me when you guys are heading downstairs.”You said.

Mino just nodded and with that, he left. As you watched the last of him disappear you wanted to call out and tell him he could still call you Hyorin, but you knew it was for the best. (I wonder who the girl is?)

[GD POV]

GD hung up his phone and shook his head. That was the most awkward conversation he had in a while. Mino told him all about his new gf and how the awkwardness with the three of them made life hard. But GD understood, this is why YG always warned them about dating in the company. It wasn’t banned but it wasn’t exactly a good idea either. He had told Mino he was okay with him and Hyorin being friends again and he was happy Mino finally found someone. But GD shook it off and started to get ready for the day. After a shower and change a knock came to his door and it was his manager. 

“Oh hyung,”GD greeted,”You’re here early.”
“Yeah,”Tae Hee sighed,”These came in for you today.”

GD put down a plate with the left over breakfast he had had with Hyorin. (Good thing I had some left) Tae Hee put a packet on the table and sat down after GD invited him to eat.

“I already ate so go ahead hyung.”GD invited.
“Thanks,”Tae Hee said,”I’m starving.”

As Tae Hee started to eat GD picked up the packet and pulled out some paperwork. It was his military service paperwork. With his ship off date. (Damn.)

“How are you going to tell her?”Tae Hee asked as finished taking a drink.
GD sighed and took a seat,”I don’t know. I mean she knew this was going to happen, we all decided to enlist at one time.”
“How long have you guys been together now?”He asked while putting the dishes away.
“A year.”GD told as he shifted through the paperwork,”To be honest I wish we had more time.”
“I’m sure she’ll wait for you.”Tae Hee reassured,”Being together this long already as idols? Yeah.”

GD leaned his head back and looked at the ceiling. (I hope so.) 

“Yah,”Tae Hee called as he washed his dish,”You need to get ready.”
“Hmm?”GD asked confused,”Why? I thought I didn’t have any schedules today.”
“Did you forget?”Tae Hee asked,”Yah, you told BI you would help him out in the studio today.”
“Aish.”GD snickered. 

Not that he didn’t like BI, he thought very highly of him, it’s just GD’s military service weighed heavy on his mind. Especially with North Korea recently but it’s not like he was going to purposely get out of his obligation. 

“Alright,”GD sighed as he dropped the papers onto the table,”Let me get my things.”