Destiny::GD::Part 17::Confusion

Destiny: A GD and You Story.

[GD POV]

It was the next day and GD knew it was the only day he would get to get this closure thing over with Kiko. As much as he really didn’t want to. So he took a deep sigh and texted her.

GD: Fine, Hyorin said it was okay, but I can only meet you today. When is good for you?
Kiko: Just today?
GD: Yes
Kiko: …Well what about lunch? Or dinner?
GD:…Fine. We’ll do lunch. 11:00am. The sooner the better.
Kiko: Awesome! Our favorite spot? In Kyoto?
GD: Fine. But this is for closure and nothing else. 
Kiko: Yes of course, of course. See you then!

GD didn’t reply. He was annoyed…normally when he would meet up with Kiko he was excited, even when they broke up, but now…he didn’t want to have to deal with her. But that itself made him feel a bit better. He was scared that he would have some sort of confused feelings for Kiko still but now…she just annoyed him. *I hope this goes by quickly.*

[Your POV]

You were at YG in one of the booths, just writing lyrics, while your group was on a break from practice when the door opened. It was Mino. He looked at you at first but looked away. You thought you should say something.

“Annyong…Mino-ya.”You greeted.
He looked at you again and sighed,”I’m sorry.”
“What?”You asked.
“Yesterday. It might have seem liked it came out of nowhere to you.”He spit out,”I’m sorry.”
You were surprised but quickly said,”No, it’s okay. It’s how you felt. But thank you anyway.”
He nodded,”Well, I’ll see you around then.”
“Yeah.”You agreed.

With that, Mino left and you wanted to ask him to stay. He was a really good friend and now, you seemed like strangers. But you didn’t. You sighed and continued writing when your phone went off. It was a text from GD.

GD: So I am set to have lunch with Kiko. You felt a twitch.
You: Ah. And she knows it’s strictly for closure?
GD: Yeah, I made it very clear.
You: Well, whatever you need to do. Mino apologized.
GD: Really? When did this happen?
You: Literally less than 10 minutes ago. You texted me right after he left.
GD: …Hyorin-ah…I don’t want you to talk to Mino anymore unless it’s for work. *What?*
You: Because he confessed to me?
GD: Well, yeah. I don’t want him to get the wrong idea or to think he can just confess again later.

You were torn. Mino was one of your best friends but GD was your boyfriend. Mino was there before YG was even within your grasps. But GD was the important one now.

You: Okay, I understand.
GD: Good. But I have a meeting at YGX so I will text you later?
You: Yeah, good luck~!

With that the texting ended and you got back to work.

[SKIP]

After your group finished practice you decided to stay late and told them to go ahead of you. Some time passed when you finally decided to go home. After calling Minhyuk oppa, you headed down to the parking garage to wait for the van. As more time passed you noticed a food stand across the street and you heard your stomach rumble. You didn’t really eat that much today and realized you were salivating. *Maybe I can just buy some ddokboki really quickly…* You couldn’t help it. After waiting another minute just in case the van pulled up, you headed to the food stand. *I’ll come right back* Luckily you had a bareface today and a face mask on so you doubted anyone would notice, which they didn’t. When you made it across the street you bought some food and as you started to eat some you went to cross the street.

Then you were blinded by lights. 

[GD POV]

GD groaned as he waited for Kiko to arrive at the restaurant. It felt good to see the friendly familiar staff again but the memories in there haunted him. He didn’t want to be here but he agreed to that place so this would be where it ended and stayed. The clock hit 1100 and Kiko walked into the private room right on time.

“Oh you’re here already?”She asked smiling,”I hope you haven’t been waiting long.
“No it’s fine.”GD replied, trying to be civil.
“Great.”She grinned,”The usual?”
GD nodded. After the waitress walked in Kiko ordered what they usually got there and they were left alone once again.
“Look, I’m so glad you agreed to see each other one last time.”Kiko started frankly,”We just have so much history and closure would just make things easier.”
“Of course.”GD agreed,”I’m just glad you’re finally coming to terms with it.”
She made a face but went on,”So how’s work been? Probably super busy, since today was the only day you could meet.”
“Yeah, pretty busy.”GD nodded but sighed,”Look I think we-”
“You know Nana has been asking about you recently.”Kiko interrupted,”She’s a fan and I told her I would introduce you guys one day. When’s the next time you’ll be in Japan?”
“What do you mean?”GD asked. He had no intention of seeing Kiko and non-mutual friends again.
“Well I mean she knows we’re going to be friends still at least.”Kiko explained,”So I told her-”
“Kiko we won’t be friends after this.”GD made clear,”This closure was meant for any type of relationship at all between us.
The food started coming in and Kiko kept smiling,”Excuse me, what?”
GD sighed, he knew it was too good to be true,”I came to cut ties completely.”
Kiko snickered,”I-I don’t understand. We-we-is this all because of her?”
“No. I mean yes, but not completely her.”GD said as he leaned back in his chair,”I didn’t plan on keep in contact in general. But yes she gave me the push I needed to do this.”
GD watched as Kiko took a sip from her drink and her smiled disappeared,”Wow she seems to mean a lot more to you than I did. And you’ve only been with her for a couple months right?”
“…Yes.”GD continued,”Look, what we had was something but it was going no where and nothing like I have with Hyorin. Schedules are already a pain in one country, Kiko we’re working in two different ones. We kept bumping heads and going off and on again. That’s not a healthy relationship.”
“Maybe it didn’t work to you!”Kiko finally admitted as her voice rose,”I thought we had a real shot! I wanted us to work out!”
“Please keep your voice down.”GD sighed.
Her posture stiffened and she continued,”Why? Am I embarrassing you? Well I’m sorry! I’m kind of upset! We could have-”
But her voice kept rising and GD’s patience was wearing thin.
“Kiko.”GD sighed,”You said this was closure.”
“Well closure for me is venting it out!”Kiko exclaimed.
GD sighed again,”Fine. Vent.” 
Venting was needed from time to time and GD was trying to be understanding.
Kiko looked at him and started,”We worked at it for too long and too hard to just throw it away.”
“Kiko, it’s not just throwing it away. We broke up months ago but struggled to officially do it until a couple months later. We have tried and we have failed. I am ready to move on with my life.”
“Well what about me?”Kiko cried,”I’m supposed to just struggle on my own.”
GD studied her face. She wanted a specific answer, he knew what it was, and he couldn’t give it to her.
“If you can’t let it go then yes.”GD finished,”I’m going now. I already spent longer than I meant here.”

He couldn’t take it anymore. He was getting annoyed that she wouldn’t get the picture and got up to leave.

“Oh it’s going to be like that?”Kiko laughed sarcastically.
GD was at the door.
“I wouldn’t go out there if I were you.”She warned.
His hand was on the doorknob and he didn’t look over his shoulder,”Why?”
Kiko told,”I had my manager call the tabloids and now there are reporters everywhere outside this restaurant. So unless you want false news of us dating to go out, I suggest you wait until after we talk. So then it won’t be false.”
“Are you crazy?!”GD growled turning around, finally losing it,”What the hell is wrong with you?!”
“With me?!”Kiko asked,”You’re throwing away years of devotion for a rebound!”
“Don’t you dare bring Hyorin into this!”GD said, now livid,”You don’t know her or anything about her. And what made you think that calling the tabloids would help? This whole damn dinner showed me nothing but the fact that you have officially lost it!”
Kiko looked hurt and said,”Well it seemed to do what I wanted to though! You can’t leave unless you want more rumors of us dating to spread! They’ll  have photos of you and I leaving!”

GD’s lips tightened and he clenched his fists. She was right and he hated it. How was he supposed to get out?  As he started to calm himself down to think properly Kiko started walking towards him.

“We can still save this.”Kiko whispered.

Then his phone went off.

“Hello?”He answered without even checking who it was.
“Jiyoung!”A voice shot, huffing and puffing. It was Minhyuk hyung.
“Hyung what’s wrong??”GD panicked.
Minhyuk was trying to breath and GD could hear sirens,”Hyorin-she was hit-by a car.”

GD’s heart stopped. Before he knew it, he ran out the door.