Destiny::GD::Part 14::Mino

Destiny: A GD and You Story.

[Your POV]

You took a deep breath as you stood in front of YG’s office door, *he knows. He has to.* With one last inhale you knocked on the door.

“Come in,”YG’s voice called calmly, even though you felt like you were being yelled at.

Slowly you opened the door and walked in. His office was huge and had so many different items in it but it didn’t stop you for noticing him sitting at his desk, hands together and elbows on the table, looking at you.

“Have a seat Hyorin-sshi.”He said cooly. You nodded and did as you were told.
“I’m sure you can imagine why I called you here today.”He continued. You nodded and he turned his monitor screen showing an article and a picture of you and Kiko at the airport.
“Hyron-sshi I have seen you practice and produce from early morning into late night, sometimes early morning again. I know your bareface. You want to explain this to me?”He asked, his voice starting to harden.
You couldn’t look at him and continued staring at the screen as you answered,”I…ran into Kiko at the airport.”
“Why were you there in the first place. Weren’t you supposed to be at practice?”He asked. 

You didn’t want to answer. He had to have known. And you just ruined the careers of all your members, yourself, and maybe even GD’s. You just wanted to cry but you refused to do it in front of YG. As you tried to get your thoughts together on what to reply, YG sighed.

“I already talked to Minhyuk and Jiyoung,”YG admitted. You felt some relief.
“But I can’t shake off how disappointed in all 3 of you I am.”He added,”For instance, your group just debuted. How could you be so selfish and risk everything for this? You couldn’t wait a couple years?” 

You held your tongue. For 4 years you put blood, sweat, and tears into your debut. For 4 years you listened to all the ridiculous trainee rules and even cut off your social/dating life. You wanted to ask if he really believed you didn’t already think about this, or that you and GD didn’t already talk about this. You wanted to ask if he had forgotten what it was like when you really felt something for someone and how hard it was in this industry. For goodness sake, he was living with one of his own old artists! But you knew better.

“I apologize,”You bowed,”It was thoughtless.”
YG sighed and continued,”It was…but I understand. And Jiyoung seemed to be infatuated with you…I haven’t seen him like this for a while. Obviously, you already debuted and I still think somewhat highly of you and your work ethic…so you’re not in trouble and you may continue seeing each other.” 

You stood there. Would you have cared if he said you couldn’t?

“Just be discreet about it. And don’t let anymore people know. Your members and trusted managers are the only ones from now on out.”He finished. 
You froze,”T-the Big Bang sunbae’s also know?
YG finally cracked a small smile,”Well of course, you didn’t think GD wouldn’t have told them? They’ve been together a long time Hyorin-sshi, much longer than you’ve been an adult.”
“Ah, of course.”You nodded.
“Now, about WINNER’s MV and your schedule the next few days…”He continued on, as if it was any other day.

[SKIP]

You arrived on set after your meeting with YG, which just finished going over the schedule, and headed straight to makeup and costume. *When did he talk to GD though? Over the phone?* After that was finished you walked over and greeted the cast and crew while WINNER finished their choreo scenes. You joined them watching the boys when Mino spotted you. You waved and his rap scene had started. As he got into it and reminded everyone why he was the lead rapper, he looked like a man to you again. He had definitely grown up and as they finished the PD called cut, and then you over.

“Today your love interest will still be Mino and it’s just going to be a cute date like MV, but then it will come to an abrupt halt.”The PD explained. You had a confused expression on your face. *Couldn’t they just do a whole new MV?*
The PD noticed and elaborated,”This song is about love and then the crazy stress after a breakup. So it will have a date, you’ll break up with Mino, and then he will try to keep sane even though it kills him.” 
“Ah okay, I undersand.”You nodded.
“So your part will be short actually, and today is your only day for filming.”He added.

Mino joined a little after and after more instruction from the PD, you two took your place on set.

“Hello again Hyorin-ah.”Mino smiled,”It seems we are dating again.”
“Not for long apparently.”You joked along.
“Eh, maybe.”He shrugged. You looked at him for a minute and just brushed it off because he just kept smiling at you and you couldn’t look at him any longer.
“How are you liking the fame?”He continued.
“Action!”PD called.
You two started walking down the street, hand in hand, just having conversation like you were instructed.
“It’s crazy. I’m still not used to the crowds and having Minhyuk oppa doing simple things like getting the groceries.”You admitted.
“Right?!”Mino agreed,”Sometimes that’s what you need too, a simple trip to the grocery store by yourself. Ya know, to be alone.”
“Personal experience, hmm?”You asked.
He shrugged again,”Sometimes. But luckily for me I had a noona who was there whenever I needed someone and I couldn’t go out on my own.”
You looked at him and he was looking at you with a genuine smile,”I kept forgetting to thank you for that.”
You just smiled back,”Thank you for that too, you’re somehow always there.”
“Always,”He said,”But…I feel like we’ve drifted apart lately.”
“What do you mean?”You asked confused, nothing seemed different to you.
Mino made a face and admitted,”Well we don’t keep in touch as we used to. Even when you were still a trainee we still talked around the company when we saw each other or around recordings. Now it’s like as soon as your done with work and practice you go home straight away. No text or call either, and you have full access to your phone now.”
“Ah,”You said caught of guard,”I’ve just been really busy is all. With the promotions and what not. It’s just tiring is all so I like to go home and rest.”

As part of the script you two stopped at a coffee shop and after he got the ordered and you both were settled at a table, he continued.

“I understand.”He nodded,”So…no boyfriend then?”
You almost choked on your coffee,”Huh?”
“CUT!”PD called,”Are you okay Hyorin-sshi?”
You quickly answered, embarrassed,”Ah, yeh! Just went down the wrong way is all! I’m fine!”
“Ok, we’ll go again,”PD instructed,”….Action!”

You looked up and Mino was trying hard not to laugh. You kicked him lightly in the shin and he stuck his tongue out at you.

“Little shy about the topic?”He joked.
“No!”You said sternly,”It just threw me off guard is all. There is no boyfriend and I have no idea why you would think that.”
“Well that’s good.”Mino nodded,”I still have a chance then.”
You asked,”…What?”
Mino looked you in the eyes and smiled at you sweetly,”I want to be your boyfriend. For real.”

You thought you misheard him at first but his hand came across the table and he took yours, interlocking fingers. He was serious. And you were frozen. *Mino…*

“No.”You replied. *I’m so sorry*

——-

Sorry it has been so long! Life got in the way but I’m back!