Chapter 33

Dumb Dumb Dumb

She didn’t know what time it is already but here she is driving her way back to the house. There is only a few cars passing by so she guess it is past midnight. She didn’t know how long she stayed at the Han River. All she knew is she stayed there until she felt that she is calm enough to go back. Though she still don’t know what to do if ever she and Jessica cross paths which is to impossible not to happen since they are living in the same roof, so yeah she don’t know what to do or to say when that happens. They both has a mistake, Yoona knows that and she hope Jessica too knows that.

 

And she guess luck isn’t on her side now because as she open the front door of the house and making her way upstairs Jessica too is going down stairs at the same time and there is no way Yoona can go back down there just to avoid the latter, so she just continue walking upstairs and Jessica do the same. Yoona didn’t look at her, her eyes are glued at the steps of the stairs she can’t bring herself to look at the latter, and guilt is eating her up. Yoona want to say sorry but she can’t bring herself to. She move to the side so Jessica can pass by. Jessica stops for a while when they were adjacent to each other and Yoona feel like Jessica wants to say something but just like her, she think Jessica can’t bring herself to do it also, so Yoona just continue to her steps leaving Jessica with a heavy heart.

 

Jessica closed her eyes for a moment and bit her lower lip. She knows that they are on each other’s throat before and she’s regretting it, picking a fight to Yoona is the last thing she wants to happen. She purse her lips together and continue to make her way at the kitchen. She can’t sleep since she knows that she and Yoona are not okay. She can’t blame the latter if she is mad at her. She wants to say sorry but she can’t, she’s too afraid that Yoona might give up on her. She don’t want that to happen. Yoona’s words keeps on replaying and replaying through her head. As she remembers Yoona’s looks before she felt scared to many circumstances. She felt scared that Yoona burst out for the first time. She felt scared because that’s the first time she saw Yoona that mad. She felt scared because the Yoona before is very far different from the Yoona she knows. And lastly she felt scared that Yoona might leave her and she didn’t want that to happen.

 

Jessica took a drink at the fridge before she makes her way at the living room. Staring blankly at the table that is on the center. She put down her drinks and closed her eyes. She released a heavy sigh before she slouched at her seat. She felt someone took the space beside her. She look at her side and saw Sooyoung drinking the same drinks like hers. Sooyoung lifted up the can and gives Jessica a friendly smile.

 

“Cheers?” Sooyoung said while grinning at Jessica like a fool. Jessica chuckles before she grabs her own can of beer.

“Cheers.” Jessica said and they both took a sip from their drinks.

“So?”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you still up?” Sooyoung said before she leans her back at the arm rest of the couch. Jessica sighs and shook her head.

“Can’t sleep I guess?” Sooyoung continue to ask and Jessica just released once again a heavy sigh. Sooyoung eyed her for a moment before she scoots closer to Jessica and pats her head lightly.

“You okay?”

“I’m definitely far from that Soo.” Jessica said with full of sarcasm and Sooyoung just chuckles at her friends’ antics.

“Of course you are. Why are you being so emo again?”

“Yah!” Jessica said and gives Sooyoung a deathly glare. Sooyoung shivers a bit and scoots away a little to Jessica, just to make sure you know.

“Okay okay. I’ll stop.” Sooyoung said while her both hands are up in the air. Jessica took a deep breath and bit her lower lip.

“She’s mad at me.”

“Yeah, we all know that.” Sooyoung answers casually and Jessica once again throws her a deathly glare.

“What? I’m just stating the fact.” Sooyoung said and Jessica just clicked her tongue and nods.

“Fine just shut up and listen to me.” Jessica said and Sooyoung just hum as a response.

“She didn’t even look at me when we cross paths.”

“Of course she will not. She’s mad at you, remember?” Sooyoung immediately puts her hand on when Jessica glares at her again.

“Okay I’ll shut up. Continue.” Sooyoung said and Jessica continues with Sooyoung listening to her until she finish all her whatnots.

“And that’s it Soo. I’m…I’m too scared that she might leave me….I…I don’t want that to happen.” And with that Jessica finish her long speech with Sooyoung being her listener. Sooyoung smiles a bit to her not quiet sober friend.

“You should clear your mind Sica. Now go to sleep, you’re quiet drunk I guess.” Sooyoung said and Jessica shook her head and Sooyoung gives her a confused look.

“Yoona is not with me, I can’t sleep without her beside me.” Jessica whines and Sooyoung is sure that she heard a little aegyo on it. She cringes and clicked her tongue.

“Oh my goddess of deer, why am I here again?” Sooyoung said and Jessica just giggles and clung to her arm and pouts at her cutely. Sooyoung scoffs and rolled her eyes.

“Oh god. Please spare my life.” Sooyoung said and Jessica pinch her arm when she heard it.

“I heard that.”

“Of course you are. Heol, you’re just sitting beside me if you are not aware.” Sooyoung said with full of sarcasm and Jessica just huffs and cross her arms above her chest.

“Hmmp!”

“Oh come on, I’m not Yoona, that won’t do to me.”

“Tsk. Annoying.”

“Thanks.” Sooyoung said and grins widely at Jessica. Jessica clicked her tongue in annoyance.

“You guys are just the same. So annoying, no doubts you’re friends with her.” Sooyoung just chuckles before she stood up from the couch and tug Jessica too to stand up.

“Okay that’s enough, let me bring you to your room now.”

 

As she tucked Jessica in she turn off the lights too and silently walks at the door until she heard Jessica calling her name and she stops at her tracks and looks back at the latter.

“Soo?”

“Hmm?”

“Thanks.” Jessica faintly said before she drifted into the dreamland. Sooyoung smiles.

“It’s nothing.” Sooyoung quietly said even though she knows that Jessica won’t hear her anymore. She silently walks out at the room and closed the door gently.

 

 

She’s having her hot chocolate at the kitchen when Yuri walks in and prepare her own hot chocolate too before she took a seat adjacent to Yoona’s. Yoona glance at her and Yuri gives her a nod.

“Morning Yoong.”

“Morning.”

“So?”

“Hmm?” Yoona turns to look at her while Yuri took a sip at her drink.

“Seohyun is back. You know it already?” Yuri said while she leans her back at the chair. Yoona just nod and took a sip at her drink.

“Yeah.”

“Taeng told you?” Yuri raised an eye brow.

“Hmm.” Yoona hums and give Yuri a curt nod. Yuri looks at her skeptically.

“You okay?” Yuri ask and Yoona sighs. Yuri nods understanding Yoona’s feeling now.

“She called me last night.” Yoona said and Yuri widens her eyes.

“She what? Who?” Yuri ask and Yoona just rolled her eyes at her overreacting friend she guess.

“Hyu…Seohyun called me last night.”

“Oooh~~” Yuri nods in amusement before she brings up the topic again before.

“So you okay?” Yuri ask and Yoona didn’t answer. Yuri didn’t push any further and just sat there too in silence.

“Still not okay I guess.”

“Yeah, we kinda…you know…” Yoona makes a gestures through her hands and Yuri nods in understanding.

“Got in each other’s throat and I don’t know what to do.” Yoona continues and sighs once again and ducks her head low. Yuri hums.

“I see. You didn’t meant all of that, don’t you?” Yoona shot her head up and looks at Yuri.

“Of course I don’t. It’s just that…it’s..” Yuri pats her shoulder and chuckles a bit.

“It’s okay Yoong. Just let the two of you cool down first I guess.” Yuri said and Yoona slumped at her seat and nods like a kid.

“Yeah, I guess.”

“So you already knows she’s back, right?”

“Yeah.”

“So any plans?”

“Who’s back?” Suddenly a voice interrupt their talk. They both turn their heads to the owner of the voice and saw Tiffany making her way to the fridge to get some drinks. She opens the bottle of water and looks at Yoona and Yuri. She wiggle her eye brows and to tell them to answer her question before.

“Oh hey Fany.” Yuri said and Yoona just gives Tiffany a curt nod.

“Yeah. So, who’s back?” Tiffany ask and leans at the kitchen counter. Yoona just shrugs and took a sip to her hot chocolate.

“Hmm. Just a person that were part of our lives before.” Yuri said and Yoona immediately shot her head to Yuri’s direction. She glance at Tiffany then back to her cup of hot chocolate.

“A person that is part of our lives.” Yoona corrects and Yuri just chuckles while Tiffany is looking at them a little confused.

“Okay okay, Chill Yoong.”

“Yeah yeah.”

“Oooh” Tiffany said and nods her head. Then the atmosphere suddenly goes down when Jessica enters the kitchen.

“Oh, Hi Jessie.” Tiffany beams trying to save the atmosphere but fails. Jessica took a quick glance at Yoona’s direction before she hums at Tiffany as a response.

“Should we leave here now?” Yuri quietly ask Yoona who shook her head and stood up from her seat. Yuri and Tiffany gives her a confused look and Yoona just nods her head.

“I’ll leave.” Yoona said and she silently walks to the kitchen door until Jessica spoke from behind. Yoona turns to look back at Jessica whose back is facing her.

“Where are you going?” Jessica ask still not facing Yoona’s direction. Yoona raised an eye brow before she answer.

“I’m going to meet someone. I gotta go now.” Yoona said before she fully left the kitchen, leaving the trio in deafening silence. Jessica close her eyes at how Yoona said those words coldly, she bit her lower lip and took a deep breath.

“Ahhm Jessie?” Tiffany hesitantly calls. Jessica didn’t answer and Tiffany shot a look at Yuri telling her to talk to Jessica. Yuri shook her head afraid that Jessica might burst out in no time. Tiffany widens her eyes at her and Yuri can’t do anything but to obey her.

“You okay?” Yuri carefully ask and Jessica turns to face them. Yuri and Tiffany gulps nervously.

“I am.” Jessica said before she beam a small smile to them and makes her way out in the kitchen. Tiffany and Yuri released their breaths that they didn’t know that they were holding before.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________