Chapter 16

Dumb Dumb Dumb

As the night falls you can see two figures siting at one of the bench at the park silently admiring the night sky above them. They sat there in silence, a comfortable silence. It’s the older girl’s idea that they should have grab some ice cream at the nearest ice cream parlor at their house and somehow after they’ve got their doze of favorite ice cream flavor they both end up in the park that is also near to their house just a few blocks away. A sigh of relief escapes from the older girls’ lips and it catches the other one’s attention and when she turn to look at her side she saw an angel that came down from the heaven. Closed eyes, warm smile, and a serene face.

What a perfect view for the night. How can I not fall for you deeper when we’re being like this close? Just how can I stop myself from falling deeper to you Sooyeon?

Without her knowing a smile is slowly forming on her lips too. Admiring the view that is in front of her, the serene face that is enjoying the peaceful place.

I wish I can tell you how much I’m in love with you Sooyeon ah.

 

“Stop staring at me, I may melt you know?” Yoona almost jump to her seat when Jessica suddenly spoke but she has still her eyes closed. Jessica release a sigh of release once again before she slowly turn her head to her side where Yoona is and she slowly open her eyes only to be met with a perfect pair of eyes that is looking at her admiringly and smiling at her affectionately. Jessica’s heart skip a beat at the view in front of her. The light that came from the moon hits their faces and it seems like Yoona is glowing under the light of it.

Perfect. You are an art Im Yoona.

They stared to each other and it seems no one wants to break it anytime soon, as they stare longer to each other’s eyes Jessica realize something, she realize that she’s getting suffocated just because of Yoona’s stare she found herself hard to breath and it feels like her heart is being clench but in a nice way.

Weird.

And with that Jessica broke the eye contact and cleared awkwardly. She return to her original position once again and Yoona continues to stare at her side profile.

“Why?” Jessica ask suddenly and Yoona is confused at that moment.

“What why?” Yoona said confused and Jessica took a deep breath.

“Why are you staring at me like that? Why are you still staring at me now?” Jessica said without glancing to Yoona, she knows that Yoona is still looking at her the moment she break the eye contact and return to her original position because she can still feel Yoona’s eyes on her. Yoona form an ‘o’ shape to her lips and nods her head.

“So you know that I’m looking at you ha.” Yoona tries to play it cool and Jessica just nods before she throw Yoona an another question but she still not giving Yoona a look, she’s afraid that if she does she will experience a suffocation once again.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Jessica said and Yoona raised an eye brow completely confused.

“Like what?” But instead she got an answer from Jessica she receive nothing from the older girl. Jessica just remain silent and so Yoona too.

“Nevermind, let’s go home.” Jessica said and this time she turn to look at Yoona with a smile.

Play it cool Jessica. Play it cool. Nothing is wrong to you okay? Nothing is wrong.

Yoona return the smile before she stood up from her seat and offer a hand to Jessica to help her stand. Jessica got the message and held Yoona’s hand and Yoona pulls her up from her seat.

“Thanks.” Jessica said and Yoona just hums at her.

“Let’s go.” Yoona said and was about to walk but a bright idea pops out to Jessica’s head. Jessica’s laziness strikes this time.

“Wait!”

“What now?”

“Carry me home.” Jessica said and grins at Yoona who just look at her in disbelief. Yoona scoff.

“Oh come on you gotta be kidding me.” Yoona said and shook her head from side to side saying that she won’t carry her at their way home. Jessica nods her head eagerly.

“No. I won’t” Yoona stand at her ground but she can’t beat Jessica’s stubbornness.

“Yes, you will.” Jessica said

“No I….”

“And I’m tired from all the walking we did. So carry me at the way home, hmm?” Jessica said and open her arms wide so Yoona can carry her but Yoona just look at her.

“It’s your idea not mine so it’s not my fault. If you’re too tired or lazy rather to walk back at home then stay here. I’ll go home now.” Yoona said and waves her hand at Jessica before she turns her back at the latter, she’s not even taking a step but she felt a tug on the hem of her shirt, she turn to her side and she saw Jessica looking at her with her puppy eyes.

“Don’t pull out that look, it doesn’t suit you.” Yoona tries to say it cool that she is not getting affected at the look that Jessica is giving her but she knows deep inside her she likes what she’s seeing right now.

“Come on. It’s just a few blocks Yoona ah~~” Jessica said still clutching to Yoona’s hem shirt.

“No.” Yoona stay firm standing at her ground. She unclutched Jessica’s hand that is clutching to her shirt and she start to walk away but seconds later she felt someone kicked her leg causing her to bent down a little to rubs the sore spot but when she bend down she felt a weight that is on her back. Jessica just has to kick her leg but not too hard for her to get to Yoona’s back and to have her piggy back ride. She smiles to herself when her plan succeed. Yoona groan but get a hold to Jessica’s thighs.

“Aiish you….Aiish you’re so…Aiiish seriously? That hurts you know?” Yoona said still trying to balance herself and Jessica that is now at her back. Jessica giggles.

“Sorry, now let’s go. Hurry.” Jessica said and pats Yoona’s head like a puppy.

“I’m not a puppy stop patting my head in that way.” Yoona said and starts to walk to their way home.

 

They reached the house with Jessica still at Yoona’s back. Yoona opens the front door and receive a weird look from Taeyeon and Tiffany who are cuddling at the couch at the living room. Yoona sighs before she puts Jessica down.

“She’s just too lazy to walk and I can’t do anything.” Yoona said and plops beside Taeyeon who immediately detach herself to Tiffany and scoots closer to Yoona. Tiffany almost groaned at the loss of contact but she understand that Taeyeon cares for Yoona the most, she is been like a mother to Yoona so she understand the bonding of the two. She turn to look at Jessica and raised one eye brow and Jessica shrugs at her with a smile. Tiffany rolled her eyes at the latter’s lack of answer.

“You okay Yoong?” Taeyeon ask while she press her hands softly at Yoona’s back.

“I am unnie. Thanks.” Yoona said and smiles to Taeyeon who smiles back at her.

 

 

Sunrays hits her gorgeous perfect figure and she stirs from her sleep before she slowly opens her eyes. Blocking the sunrays with her hands she slowly make her way out to her room with still sleepy eyes. It’s not usual for Yoona to wake this late at the morning but somehow she feels like to stay at her bed today doing nothing and just laying down at her bed. She makes her way down stairs.

 

 

 

“Now tell me.”

“Tell you what?” Tiffany raised an eye brow to Jessica who is doing the same with her. She scoff and cross her arms above her chest.

“Come on don’t act like you don’t know what I’m saying Jessie.” But Jessica just looks at her and shrugs her shoulders.

“Well, I really don’t what you’re saying, really Tiff. I don’t even have a slight idea what you’re talking about.” And she receive another scoff from Tiffany.

“It’s Yoona, so now tell me.” Tiffany said and taps her foot at the floor. Jessica stares at her for a moment.

“What about her? What about Yoona?”

“You like her don’t you?” Tiffany ask straight to the point this time. Jessica was slightly taken aback but she manage to compose herself quickly.

“Yes.” This time it’s Tiffany’s turn to be taken aback at the sudden answer. Tiffany raise her both hands in the air.

“Wooah, hang on there, girl. I thought you said you don….” But Tiffany’s words were cut off by Jessica.

“I like her as friend, no more no less. Got it?” Jessica said but she felt something is not right when she said those words it seems like she’s lying to her own self. Tiffany’s wide smile from before faltered and replace by a confused look.

“But I thought..” Again Jessica cuts her off.

“You thought what?” Jessica said and Tiffany release a sigh.

“Look Jessie, you two are now really close as in really close we all notice that and I bet you too,right? And I thought you already develop a feelings to her because the way you act around her and the way you care for her is…different.” Tiffany said the last word softly. Jessica stares at her and Tiffany is waiting for her to say something.

“Tss, come on Tiff, she’s my friend of course I care for her.” Jessica said nonchalantly. Tiffany looks at her confused.

“But you didn’t care for me I’m your friend too.” Tiffany said and pouts a little and Jessica just have to laugh at her.

“Well, that’s a different story.” Jessica said and receives a playful push from Tiffany.

“You’re so mean.” Tiffany said and Jessica just shrugs her shoulders and Tiffany once again remember what this talk about so she returns to their topic before once again.

“And the way you look at her…” Tiffany paused a bit and looks straight to Jessica’s eyes trying to find something but she can’t find any of it so she continues.

“Is somehow the same way I look at Taeyeon or vice versa.” Tiffany said and she saw Jessica flinch a little but she chose to stay silent waiting for Jessica to say something. But all she receive is a stare and a scoff.

“Look, I like Yoona but only just a friend, okay? Just like what I’ve said to you the last time and I will say it you once again now, I don’t and I won’t like Yoona the way you see it, okay?” Jessica said but she feels her heart clench but this time it is not in a good way, she felt…pain? But she herself don’t know what she is feeling right now.

“But..” But Jessica was fast enough to raise a hand in front of Tiffany and beats her from speaking.

“Don’t push it Tiff. It’s not all what you think is right just because it is the way you see it. I and Yoona are friends, only friends.” Jessica emphasize the word ‘friends’ so Tiffany won’t push her anymore. And she succeeds when Tiffany hums and nods her head. But somehow Jessica felt like she was stabbed right straight to her heart and she herself don’t know why she feels this way. But one thing she’s sure about to herself that she doesn’t like Yoona, or that’s what she thought. Without their knowing someone heard them, all the words that have been said heard that someone that is passing through that room that time with the door being slightly, open she didn’t want to eavesdrop but when she heard a sudden mention of her name she can’t stop herself but to listen and now she regrets it from doing it because now she feels something is breaking inside her and she’s now hearing a shuttering glass and she herself knows that it’s her heart that broke into million pieces. A smile form to her lips, a sad one. She puts her hands in the wall for support because she’s feeling that her knees are getting weaker in every second.

“Friends, Only friends. No more no less.” She mumbles to herself still with that smile on her face.

“She don’t and she won’t like you Yoona, why do you even think that she’s feeling the same with you too just because you two are now close doesn’t mean that she now likes you too. Stupid. You’re so ing stupid for believing in things that won’t happen because just like what she’d said she won’t like you. She won’t!” Yoona continues to mock herself she felt stupid for thinking about her and Jessica being together. She wants to cry but there is no tears that are falling.

“Stupid.” Yoona mumbles again before she makes her way to the living that she was supposed to be done before.

“Damn it hurts.” Yoona said to herself while she makes her way to the living she stops at the middle of the stairs and clutch at the railings tightly before she closed her eyes tightly to brush away the pain.

“Yoong?” She heard someone calls her softly and when she opens her eyes she saw Taeyeon looking at her at the bottom of the stairs worriedly. Yoona forces a smile to her and she walks down to her.

“You okay?” Taeyeon ask her when she reaches the last step of the stairs.

“I am perfectly fine unnie.” Yoona said and force a smile to Taeyeon once again before she leave Taeyeon to get some drinks.

I am perfectly fine. I am.

Taeyeon looks at her back until Yoona was not on her sight anymore.

“No you’re not, I know you.” Taeyeon said to herself but she chose not to pry further because she knows Yoona will tell her what’s wrong when she’s ready to talk about it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(evil smirks) Soooo? haha I notice that you guys are enjoying yourself to sweet and weird Yoonsic ha. It's pay back time now I guess hahaha I'm not that evil to turn things like this I'm just trying to make this story more interesting about this 'all bull thing' that Jessica unnie is doing all her denial is making e frustrated too hahaha. Don't kill me okay? Who knows maybe this the way to get them together? (evil laugh). Please do leave your thoughts down there, yes? hahaha. I hope you guys won't kill me? I did give you Yoonsic moments so maybe now I'll give you guys a not so sweet Yoonsic moment. Teehee XD

Annyeong~~