Chapter 21

Dumb Dumb Dumb

As days past nothing changes. Yoona is still avoiding Jessica, whenever the older girl tries to talk to her she will immediately brush away the older by making excuses. Jessica knows that the younger girl is really trying her best to avoid her. And she knows to herself that the pain in her heart is getting more and more unbearable. Every time she saw the younger girl with the other girl named SinB she can’t help herself but to feel the sudden clenching of her heart. Seeing Yoona all smile when she’s with the girl and the fact that Yoona can’t even spare her a glance hurts her more. Its’s just like it was yesterday they were all fine and with just a blink of an eye everything changes, everything changes between the two of them. And Jessica felt stupid because she just let this thing happened to them. If she only listen to herself that there is something wrong to Yoona that day, that Yoona’s actions around her that day is kinda off, if she only believe to herself that Yoona is slowly distancing herself to her. But she didn’t, Jessica didn’t believe herself because she just shrugs it off thinking that maybe, maybe Yoona is not just in the mood to those days, not in the mood to talk to her, not in the mood to give her a attention, not in the mood to approach her and not in the mood to even spare her a single look. Jessica felt stupid for letting this happened, she felt stupid for not doing something, for thinking that Yoona and her is okay. She felt stupid and she hates herself for not believing to her own self, to her own instinct. But Jessica didn’t give up to make things between Yoona and her to be back to old times. She tries her best to approach, talk and everything to younger girl.

 

 

As Jessica walks towards to their usual spot at the cafeteria with her mind is on something, someone rather, she didn’t notice that there is some students coming to her direction and before she notice it she already bumped to one of them, she stumble backwards and soon fell to the floor, bottom first. The person that got bumped to her immediately bows at her saying sorry and helps her to stand. Jessica who is being not in the mood to give any today just nodded her head and tells that it’s okay. On the other hand Yoona who is looking at her all the time, since she walks inside the cafeteria saw everything. Yoona is looking at her since she notice that the older girl seems spacing out even while she’s walking. When Yoona saw what happened she immediately stood up from her seat, ready to go where the older girl is but she stops herself from doing so when the person who bumped to her helps her to stand up. Yoona sat down again to her seat, eyes not leaving Jessica.

 

“You can always approach her you know.” Tiffany said who is at Yoona’s side. It’s just the two of them since the other girls said that they are just going to somewhere and will just follow them after. Yoona only looks at her and Tiffany beam a small smile.

“You can’t always refrain yourself for approaching her Yoona ah she misses you.” Tiffany said and Yoona just scoff at her words.

“Misses.” Yoona said bitterly.

“Wow just wow.” Yoona hiss while she shook her head. Tiffany just look at her before she pats Yoona’s thighs.

“I felt sorry for you when you heard everything that day.” Tiffany said and Yoona’s attention are now on hers. Yoona is sure that no one knows that she heard their talk that day except for Taeyeon of course.

“TaeTae told me.” Tiffany said when she saw Yoona’s confused look. Yoona sighs in relief and just nod her head.

“Jessie is just….” Tiffany paused and sighs. Yoona just stays silent waiting for her to continue.

“In denial. I know that she feels something towards to you. Because like what I’ve said, the way she looks at you is sometimes the same way I look at Taeyeon. But she said she’s not. I let her off, because I want her to realize it by her own self Yoona ah.” Tiffany said and looks at Yoona straight to her eyes.

“But I guess she got enough. Yeh I know you’re hurt, but…she is too, Yoona ah. Even though she doesn’t show it to us, I know, I know that she is. Because every time I saw her looking at you, she has this smile, a sad smile to be exact and her eyes, her eyes that telling that she’s missing you.” Tiffany said and holds Yoona’s hands. She squeeze it as if telling Yoona that she should stop herself for restraining herself for approaching the older girl.

“I am not saying that Jessie is the one who’s more hurt at this because I know you are hurt as much as she does. But…” Tiffany paused and smile at Yoona again.

“I want to see you two getting into each other’s nerves once again. I want to see you two bickering nonstop once again. I want to see you two getting along to each other once again Yoona ah.” Tiffany said and Yoona just stays silent, not knowing what to say. And Tiffany took this a good sign, because she knows Yoona is somewhat considering her words.

“Take your time Yoona ah, but please don’t be too long.” Tiffany said and with that she let’s go of Yoona’s hand and at the same time Jessica arrives to their table. Tiffany of course smile at her and Jessica returns it. Jessica looks at Yoona and when their eyes met Yoona is the first one to look away again. Jessica bits her lower lip and hang her head low before she took a sit opposite to the two of them.

 

 

“So what is this all about?” Sooyoung said who is sitting at her chair looking at Taeyeon with bored eyes.

“I know you guys notice it too.” Taeyeon said and the three looks at her confused except for Sunny, the only one who gets what Taeyeon mean.

“You mean, Yoona and Jessica?” Sunny said earning a ‘ah’ from the three and a nod from Taeyeon.

“So?” Sunny said and took a sit at Sooyoung’s lap who immediately wrap her arms around Sunny’s waist to hold her still. Taeyeon raised an eye brow to the sight in front of them but shrugs the flirting off immediately.

“Ow god, we really need to find someone Yul.” Hyoyeon said who saw the little flirting of the couples.

“Let’s hunt for some tonight Hyo.” Yuri said and grins to Hyoyeon who is nodding her head eagerly. The trio just look at them and shook their head.

“So? You have something in your mind Taeng?” Sunny said who is still sitting on Sooyoung’s lap.

“Well.” Taeyeon trails off and now all of the attention are on her.

“We need to do something. I just can’t bare the two of them…you know.” Taeyeon said while she makes some gestures through her hands and the four nods their head.

“Well I can’t bare Yoona’s look face whenever I look at her….aww bunny that hurts.” Sooyoung groan in pain when Sunny elbowed her at her side with much force. But Sunny just ignore her.

“So what’s your plan Taeng?” Sunny said but she only earn a toothy grin from Taeyeon.

“Make sure that this plan of yours is going to work out Taeng or else.” Sunny threatens but Sooyoung in.

“I’ll kiss you.” Sooyoung said and grins to her girlfriend but she receive another nudge from her side. She groan again at the sudden pain and just like before Sunny just ignore her while her friends only laugh at her. Sooyoung just pout and she cares her side where Sunny hits her twice.

“Of course, trust me on this Sunny ah.” Taeyeon said who is still sporting a toothy grin.

“Okay then.” Sunny said and nods at her.

“Can we go to the cafeteria now? I’m already…” Sooyoung paused when Sunny glared at her. Sooyoung nervously gulp.

“Okay I’ll just wait for you guys to finish what you are talking about first.” Sooyoung said ignoring her grumbling stomach. Sunny clicked her tongue and stood up from Sooyoung’s lap. She intertwine their hands and pull Sooyoung up from her seat.

“Let’s get your beloved foods Shikshin.” Sunny said and smiles at her. Sooyoung grins and nods her head like a kid.

 

 

It’s been early in the morning this day when Sunny and Sooyoung goes out, telling them that they are going to a date since it’s been a while already since they last did it. It’s strange since they are always going out every week much strange that she is already awake early in the morning. Jessica just shrugs the thought off and just think that maybe Sooyoung and Sunny really wants to go out early in the morning, for God sake early in the morning. Noon came and Sooyoung and Sunny is still not there, it’s just her, Yoona, Taeyeon and Tiffany are now in the house since Hyoyeon and Yuri left too after lunch saying that they are going to the gym. And Jessica furrowed her brows because as far as she remember the duo does there work out at the exercise room that they have in the house. The duo never goes out to hit a gym since they have all the gym equipment’s in the house. But just like before Jessica shrugs it off, thinking that maybe, just maybe the duo wants a new atmosphere for working out their killer body.

 

“Everyone is going out today, what’s happening?” Yoona said looking at Taeyeon. The four of them are sitting at the leaving room but of course with Yoona far away from Jessica. Taeyeon just shrugs her shoulders and lays her head at Tiffany’s thighs. Tiffany immediately sits properly for Taeyeon to lay her head comfortable on her thighs. She caresses Taeyeon’s hair which earns a satisfied sigh from Taeyeon. Yoona looks at Taeyeon skeptically, sensing something is isn’t right. Taeyeon feels Yoona is looking at her.

“Don’t give me that look Yoona.” Taeyeon said before she closes her eyes because Tiffany’s soft touches makes her want to sleep. Yoona clicked her tongue and just leaned back at the couch with a pout. Jessica who saw the act giggles quietly but as she giggles Yoona turns to look at her causing her to stop. Their eyes met for a second but just like before Yoona is always the first one to look away but this time Jessica catch a glimpse of a light shade of pink to Yoona’s cheeks before the latter turns to look away from her.

 

Damn those giggles, I missed it….so much. Damn this feeling, damn you heart! Why are you beating fast again? Tsk.

Yoona’s thought’s got interrupted when Taeyeon clears . Yoona and Jessica looks at Taeyeon but Taeyeon just grin at them before she stood up from her laying position, tugging Tiffany too to stand up from the couch.

“We’re going out.” Taeyeon said. Yoona catches Taeyeon’s eyes and by that, she already get a grab on what’s happening, from Sooyoung and Sunny’s date to Yuri and Hyoyeon’s working out at the gym to Taeyeon and Tiffany’s sudden date. Yoona knows and she’s now cursing herself because she’s not yet ready. Not yet ready to face Jessica alone.

 

I knew it! I knew it! This is all planned damn it.

Yoona shoot Taeyeon a threatening glare but Taeyeon shook her head before she completely drags Tiffany upstairs. Yoona mentally face palmed herself. No she’s not ready, not yet, not now, she still needs time. On the other hand Jessica is mentally panicking as much as Yoona does. But she knows it’s now or never, she wants to get mad at her friends because now she realize that this is all planned, she felt betrayed, she wants to get mad but she can’t, because she knows that they friends just want them to be okay once again.

 

You can do it Jessica. You can do it. Just talk to her and everything will be back to normal again. You can do it Jessica.

And with that Taeyeon and Tiffany walks down the stairs and bid their goodbyes as they quickly shots the front door closed. Jessica and Yoona looks at the now closed door. They both stays silent, only their breathing and the voices that coming from the television is the only thing that can be heard. They can also hear the ticking of the wall clock because of the deafening silence that engulf them. Yoona keeps fidgeting on her seat while Jessica keeps glancing at her from time to time. The silence engulf them for another damn minute until Jessica decided to break it.

 

“Can we talk?” Jessica said her eyes not leaving Yoona’s figure. Yoona flinch at the sudden question even though it’s already ask to her for a million times this time it seems different because it’s just only the two of them in the house. Yoona nervously gulps.

 

Play it cool Yoona just play it cool.

Yoona took a deep breathe.

“Hmm.” Yoona just hum and nods her head, eyes not leaving the TV in front of them. She flinch once more when she felt Jessica scoots closer to her. She tries her best to calm herself, she breathes in and out.

“Can you please turn off the TV and look at me?” Jessica said softly and Yoona feels her breathing hitched at the softness of Jessica’s voice. Yoona closes her eyes trying to come up with a better answer but she failed.

“I’m listening Jessica Unnie.” Yoona said and wants to slap herself for calling Jessica in her full name and at the same time with an unnie attached to it. She knows that Jessica doesn’t like her to call her by her full name, Jessica once told her that. Yoona is mentally cursing herself.

 

Stupid Yoona. Stupid.

Jessica looks at her for a second before a sad smile appear on her face.

 

Jessca. Unnie. Yeh Jessica Unnie, so now I’m Jessica and an Unnie.

But never the less Jessica didn’t let Yoona’s words to discourage her. She took a deep breath and scoots closer to Yoona. And Yoona once again flinch because now they are now just a few inches away from each other.

“Yoona ah” Jessica said and before Yoona can answer her she froze from her spot when Jessica suddenly hugs her with Jessica’s face buried to Yoona’s chest where her heart is. Yoona gulps nervously, afraid that Jessica might hear her loud thumping of her heart.

“Y-yeh?” Yoona stutters and she wants to dig a hole on the ground now and let herself in there. Jessica stays silent and hugs Yoona tighter than before afraid that Yoona might run away from her once again.

“I missed you.” Jessica said with her face still buried to Yoona’s chest but Yoona manage to catch it and she can’t utter a word, completely surprised at the sudden confession. So Yoona just stays silent.

“I miss you.” Jessica continues and pulled away from the hug to look at Yoona straight to the eyes. Yoona looks back at her and Jessica smile to her because Yoona is not looking away from her this time.

“And I am missing you.” Jessica said and holds Yoona’s hands with her. Yoona stays frozen at her spot still not knowing what to do.

“I missed you. I miss you. And I am missing you Yoona ah, I really do.” Jessica repeats and she squeeze Yoona’s hands which brought Yoona back to her senses once again.

“I…I…” Yoona can’t construct a sentence just now because her mind is still in haze. So she come up to an answer that she and Jessica didn’t expect.

“I forgot something inside my room. So, Yeh I’m going upstairs.” Yoona said and retracts her hands from Jessica’s hold and stood up from the couch and makes her way to her room leaving Jessica broken once again. Jessica followed Yoona with her eyes until Yoona was nowhere to her sight anymore.

“I though we’re going to be fine again after this. I guess I’m wrong….once again. Because you just have to brushed me away….once again.” Jessica mumbles and without her knowing she’s on her tears, once again.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oww shoot so yeh that's it hahahahahhahaha. Still in a mess ha? hahaha I see. So yeh my brain got drain once again, damn I run out of my english vocabulary words to this chapter hahahahaha I need to rest this stupid brain of mine hahahaha. So yeh, leave your thoughts down there hmm? I really really as in really appreciate it when you guys leave your thoughts. And hey shoutout to the silent readers there. I love you guys hahahaha. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter like how I enjoy torturing your Yoonsic heart (evil laugh) what I mean is on how I enjoy reading your comments below hahahaha.

Annyeong~~