Leaving Me Behind

Dumb Dumb Dumb

They both stayed silent neither one of them utter a single word after the said news. One is staring blankly at the white wall of their house while the other one continuously glancing at the person beside her. She sighs.

“Yoongie.”

Silence.

“I’m sorry.”

Silence.

“I’m sorry but you know that it is one of my dreams right?”

Silence. She sighs and holds Yoona’s both hands. Yoona sighs and looks at the girl besides her sporting an apologetic look.

“I’ll be back before you know it.”

“But you studying there will be too long.” Yoona said and the girl beside her only smile at her. Yoona sighs once again.

“Hyun..”

“Not when you don’t pay attention to the date and time Yoong.” Seohyun said and Yoona shook her head.

“That’s hard.” Yoona said and Seohyun tilts her head at the side with her eye brows furrowed cutely.

“And why is that?”

“Because....”

“Hmm?”

“Because it’s you. How can I do that? Not to pay attention to the date and time when it’s you we’re talking about Hyun?” Seohyun just chuckles at her best friend and Yoona pouts.

“It will be too long.” Yoona muttered under her breath but Seohyun manage to catch it. She squeeze Yoona’s hands.

“I know.” She said softly

“But I promise I’ll be back before you know it.”

Silence.

Seohyun bit her bottom lip because she knows Yoona is upset.

“Don’t be mad at me please.”

Silence.

“I hate seeing you getting mad, especially to me.”

Silence.

“Yoona ah. I am going to miss you aren’t you feeling the same?”

Silence.

Seohyun sighs and duck her head down. Yoona bit her lower lip.

“Yoona ah. I’m sorry but it’s one of my dreams to study abroad and you know that, right? So please don’t do this to me.” Seohyun said and her voice quivering a bit. Yoona pursed her lips together and closed her eyes for a moment, she took a deep breath and squeeze Seohyun hand’s lightly. Seohyun looks up at her and met by Yoona’s own pair of eyes that is looking directly to hers.

“I’m sorry..It’s just that.. I’m really going to miss you Hyun.” And with that Seohyun beam a smile.

“Of course you are. We are best friends since who knows when.” Seohyun said and they both chuckles before Yoona’s face turns in a serious one again.

“It’s not going to be long right?” Yoona ask but she knows that it is, that it is going to be long. Seohyun studying there will be long it will took years before you graduate after all and she’s very aware of that. Seohyun smile and just nod her head, because she knows too that it is going to be long.

“Okay then.” Yoona sighs and lowers her head.

“Just..please take care there okay?” Yoona said and looks at Seohyun with concerned eyes.

“Yes ma’am” Seohyun said playfully to at least lighten up the gloomy atmosphere surrounding them. Yoona chuckles a bit before she ruffles Seohyun’s hair playfully.

“Silly.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________