Fear II

Timeless Love

At the hospital~

Ji Hyo’s wrist was bandage as she laid unconscious in the bed.

The doctor came out to Jong Kook and handed him the note.

“I suggest you take her to a bigger hospital.”

“Why is that doctor?” Jong Kook was curious.

He looked at Jong Kook strangely. “You said you were her fiancé, but you don’t know what happened to her?” Jong Kook only blink at him. “Follow me.”

They sat in the doctor’s office as the doctor handed him a medical check-up of Song Ji Hyo. Jong Kook opened the envelope and look at the contents. His eyes widen and tremble.

“What’s this doctor? How come…” The doctor observed Jong Kook closely and worriedly.

“Song Ji Hyo-ssi… is a ually abused patient.”

Jong Kook felt his heart drop and throbbed. He was holding his breath.

“She was injected with LSD, a dangerously illegal drug that distorts visual judgment, sensations, moods and feelings. She will experience terrifying thoughts, feelings of despair, fear of losing control, fear of insanity or even death. Even unexpected and fatal accidents can happen.”

Jong Kook gulped at the description of the side effects of the drug. Damn that Choi Seung Hyun. He clenched his fist and compose his posture to listen further.

“It also causes flashbacks, HPPD (Hallucinogen-Induced Persisting Perceptual Disorder), psychosis and severe depression. The even more dangerous thing is that, Song Ji Hyo is already taking anti-depressant medication. For her to inflict self-harm, it shows sign of self-rejection and the verge of giving up one’s life.”

Jong Kook looked at him intensely, his eyes flicked.

“Look here, Kim Jong Kook-ssi. What I mean is that Song Ji Hyo needs urgent help right now. If not, the only result will be death, most likely committing suicide. If you want to save her life, I recommend going to a bigger hospital and treat her through psychotherapy. There is a memory that she is suppressing, a door that she had locked up. Only she can open it, but she refuses to. ually assaulted and harassed victims all have one thing in common.”

“What is it?” Jong Kook asked in a hoarse whisper. The doctor leaned in closer as he looked at Jong Kook.

“Fear.”

****

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo as she slept restlessly in the hospital bed. She had never slept peacefully. He noticed the frowns between her brows as she tense at his sudden movement of moving her hair out of her face.

Ji Hyo moved back and forth and stir awake, looking at Jong Kook who was looking at her bandages wrist and hand. He look up at her and notice she was awake.

He quickly sit on the bed beside her and gently held her other hand.

“Ji Hyo, can you hear me?” He worried scan her. “Follow my hand.” He moved his finger back and forth as her eyes follow. He let out a breath of relief. Her lips were dried out and her face pale.

“Are you thirsty?” and she lightly nodded. “Oppa will get you water.” He got up and quickly got some water for her. He slowly sat her up and fed the water to her.

“I can do it myself.” but Jong Kook stopped her.

“No, let me do it.” He smiled at her and gave her the straw and water. She coughed and he quickly took it away and got some tissues for her. He wiped away the water around the corner of her lips. She shy away and stopped him.

“Mmian…” He moved back.

“Gwenchana…” she whispered. “But, why am I here?”

“Don’t you remember?” and she shook her head. “Do you know… who I am?”

She stare at him for a while, he was waiting nervously. She lightly nodded her head.

“Who?” he asked again.

“Kim Jong Kook.” she faintly smiled. He finally breathe again. “That’s good. Really good.” He held her hand tightly and smile.

“Ji Hyo-ah,” he called her again. He notice that her actions were softer but a bit taken aback. “We are going to go to a bigger hospital.”

“Waeyo?”

“Because… you are hurt and oppa wants you to feel better.”

“Why am I hurt?”

He tried to come up with something. “Um… because… because you were using the bathroom and slip. I want to make sure you’re okay.” She lightly nodded.

“Really….” she tried to think but her head hurt, some flashbacks come back to her.

*flashes

She was sitting in the corner of the warehouse laughing and crying. Like a crazy person. Then she was in a dark bedroom  and a girl was in the corner crying and laughing to herself.

*Flash back

Ji Hyo held the side of her head and grunted in pain.

“Ji Hyo-ah.” Jong Kook tried to hold her. “What’s wrong Ji Hyo-ah?”

“It hurts… oppa it hurts. My head hurts… argh.”

“It’s alright. Oppa is here. Don’t think about it. Don’t think of anything.” He pulls her into his chest and held her as she groan in pain. He tried to hold her still as she tightly tug on his shirt. She started crying for no reason as he felt his chest wetting with her tears. She finally stopped after some time.

He pulled her back and wiped away the tears that stain on her face. Her eyes were swollen as she sniff.

“Why are you crying? I’m right here.” She looked up at him with her blurry eyes.

“Don’t leave me…alone…”

“Oppa is not going to leave you alone.” He manage to say, he wanted to comfort her. Her safety is his personal priority now. “I won’t let anyone do anything to you. I promise.” He smiled and cupped her face.

She lightly smiled back. “Promise for real?” He nodded.

“I promise,” he pinky promised her. He put her back on the bed. “I’m going to check us out and we’ll leave to Seoul okay? Wait right here for me. I’ll be right back.” She nodded as he exit the room.

****

They transferred to a hospital in Seoul. Ji Hyo was given the upmost VIP private ward.

He walked her in the big room.

“Do I have to stay in here?” Ji Hyo looked at the big room.

“For now.” Jong Kook placed somethings in the room. She looked out the big window and sees poster of her face on endorsements. Jong Kook walked behind her.

“You’re pretty.” She jumped and moved away from him.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to.” Jong Kook stepped back to give her space. She looked down at her feet only.

“I want to be alone…” she whispered. He stepped back.

“Then I’ll leave for a moment.” Before he go out the door, “I’m sorry, Ji Hyo-ah.”

As soon as he stepped out, he leaned back on the door. He didn’t want to leave her alone. He waited by the door for some time before knocking on it again. No answer. He opened the door.

“Ji Hyo-ah…” He crept through the cracks and doesn’t see her. The room was really dark as the curtains covered the windows and the lights were turned off. He rushed in to find her. “Ji Hyo!” He looked around the room to see her behind the bed, covering her face. He walked up to her. She was shivering, whimpering to herself. He reached to touch her head.

“Go away!” She yelled out and turned her back to him. “Don’t come near me!” He reached for her shoulder this time. She cowered into the corner. “Please. Please don’t kill me. I have to live… No, I need to live… Please!” She begged him as she shook her head back and forth. Jong Kook deeply frown and stopped his steps. Her voice changed, so vulnerable and little. She looked like a child begging for forgiveness and it hurt him.

“Ji Hyo ah,” He softly call her, kneeling to her height and touched her shoulder again.

“I’ll be good. I promise. I swear on my life. I’ll be a good girl. Please don’t hurt me…” Ji Hyo cried out.

“I-It’s me. Jong Kook oppa. Kim Jong Kook.” She stopped and slowly turn to see him. Tears filled up his eyes as he barely smile at her anymore. The face she can recognize, realizing that it was him, no one else.

Ji Hyo turn to him and hid herself in his chest, holding onto his shirt desperately. “Why did you leave me alone?” She started crying. “I waited so long… I… I was so scared.”

Jong Kook closed his eyes as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry I took so long. It’s all my fault. I’m sorry Ji Hyo.” He let her cry in his chest.

He put her in bed after giving her a new medication. He was about to sleep on the couch when she grabbed his hand.

“Stay with me… please.” She looked at him. He held her hand.

“I’ll be right here.” He moved the couch beside her bed and slept there. He let her hold his hand to sleep as the bed and couch was side to side. He sees her frown and tightly grip his hand when he was about to move. He stopped moving as he looked at her clearly.

“Don’t… No… no…” She moved her head back and forth and bit her lips. He got on the bed and cuddle with her. He rested her head in his chest as he put his arm around her.

“It’s alright. I’m here. I’m right here. No ones can hurt you.” he whispered to her. She mumbled in her sleep and cuddle near him. She lie still and he hummed to her while patting her back like a baby.

The betrayal he had hurt badly but Ji Hyo needs him now. He needs to help her first. What matters now is that she gets better. Ji Hyo needs him most at this moment.

“I’m scared…” she mumbled as he pulled her tighter in his embrace.

“Don’t be afraid. I’ll protect you.” He whispered in her ear.

He continue to hum to her and patting her back. They slept together peacefully throughout the night.

****

Morning struck as Jong Kook stir up. He peeked down and sees Ji Hyo sleeping peacefully in his arms. He moved her hair out of her face and lean in to see her face. Her dark circles have gotten better although her eyes were still a bit swollen. Her face has lost its natural glow but he still found her charm. He didn’t move and just kept looking at her and snuggle her in his chest.

A warmth fill him as he embraced. He was scared of being betray like a fool again yet he wanted to trust her. He wanted to trust that Ji Hyo really like him, that her feelings and confession was sincere. Just thinking of Bora made his head hurt, throbbing in pain. How dumb he was to trust her and give her his heart. He’s got no one to blame but himself.

“I don’t what to do anymore…” Jong Kook whispered to Ji Hyo. “You won’t break my heart will you?” He caressed her face with his right hand. “I can trust you right?” He long to hear her answer but she was still asleep.

Ji Hyo stir awake in his arms as he only look at her. She squinted to see as the light hit through the gaps of the curtain. She sees an innocent Jong Kook looking down at her as he touched her face.

“Good morning beautiful.” He patted her head and gave her his biggest smile.

She looked at him blankly then smile faintly. She look at their circumstance and looked wary as he released her.

“Last night, you were having a nightmare so I just…” He didn’t want to make her misunderstand and be scared of him like yesterday. She just nodded her head.

He got up and moved the couch back to its original spot before going up to her with a towel.

“What are you…”

“You need to take a shower. Your first session is today.” Jong Kook walked her to the bathroom. She turned to him and stop him from going in.

“I can bathe by myself.” Ji Hyo whispered. He nodded and handed her the towel. She gripped it tightly but held the door still.

“Don’t lock the door, I’ll wait for you right here.” She hesitated to his request. “Don’t worry, I won’t peek. I’ve already called a nurse.”

Ji Hyo looked up at him and curved her lips and closed the door lightly, leaving a thin gap.

He let he nurse in as there was a knock. The nurse helped Ji Hyo bathe and shower although she was reluctant to let anyone see her body. She was dressed in the bathroom as Jong Kook fix the bed and got them breakfast.

Ji Hyo sat on the couch as she held her knees to her chin and circled her hands around them. He put the food on the table and sat beside her. Her blank and natural face has always attracted him. He remembered when he camped out in her living room. She always hid herself in the room, only came out to eat. other than that, he barely saw her.

“Here’s the food.” He happily announced.

“I’m not hungry.” she whispered as she only look at her feet.

“You haven’t eaten for a few days now.” But she only looked away. “At least eat with me. It’s so lonely and I haven’t been able to eat much either,” he pouted his lips.

Ji Hyo looked at him and his pouty face. “Can’t you see oppa is trying to be cute just for you?” he squinted his eyes.

She took the fork and got the sausage and raised it up to him. “Eat…” She looked away shyly. He smiled and took a bite before doing the same to her. She looked up at him nervously. She took a bite and he smiled brightly at her. They kept feeding each other until she was full. He went to grab a bottle of water as she sat alone, waiting for him.

Ji Hyo look a the tray of plates and utensils. The cutting knife bling at her. Se reached out and picked it up. She held it in her hand as she look at it subconsciously.

“It won’t hurt.” Bolin whispered to her ear. Ji Hyo glared at him as he grin widely. ‘Just a tiny scratch and pinch.”

The knife was already at the tip of her wrist when she turn back to it. The knife was touching her already bandage wrist. She hesitated but flashes kept appearing in her head. Whispers echoing to her and telling her what to do. She was still suffering form the after effects of the drug.

Jong Kook turn around and sees Ji Hyo holding the cutting knife in her hand on her wrist.

“Ji Hyo!” He ran to her and pulled the knife out of her hand. He pushed her to the side of the couch and forces her to stay still. “What are you doing? Are you in your right mind?”

Ji Hyo stared at him as she saw how worried he was. He grabbed her shoulders and tried to shake her.

“Answer me. Why are you doing this to yourself? I’m here. Do you want to leave me all alone? Are you going to throw me away?” He desperately demanded for an answer.

Ji Hyo confusedly look at Jong Kook as he fazed then she glared at him coldly.

“You… You hate me too don’t you? You’re going to hurt me and throw me away. Just like her. Just like my mother did…”

*Flash*

Her mother smack her face harshly. “Don’t ever speak another word of that nonsense again! You hear me???”

*Flashback to reality

Jong Kook hugged her tightly. “Don’t do this. Ji Hyo-ah. I won’t abandon you so don’t abandon me.” He was on the verge of crying. The image of wrist and bloody floor made him shiver. Her pale face of hopelessness kicked him to the edge. He bit his tongue as he tried to calm down.

*Flashback*

“Don’t leave. Don’t throw me away.” Teenage Bolin whispered to her as his voice was cracking with a cry.

*Flashback to reality*

She stopped as her mind wander in confusion. Was her memory playing tricks on her? Jong Kook’s voice became hoarse as he was about to crack. He locked her in his embrace and snuggle onto her. As if she was going to disappear if he let go.

“Ji Hyo-ah… I won’t leave you. I won’t hurt you, trust me. I… I love you…” He closed his eyes as he felt his hot tears threatening to fall.

She just froze and let him hug her. Tears dripped down her face as she felt him trembling against her. She raised her hand to hold his back.

“I’m…sorry…” she whispered as she closed her eyes tearfully.

****

Jong Kook took Ji Hyo to the psychotherapy room as her doctor entered the room and sat in front of her.

“Hello, I’m your doctor for the time being. Bang Sung Joon.” Sung Joon put his hand out to shake her hand. Jong Kook smiled and shook his hand instead of Ji Hyo.

“Hello. I’m Kim Jong Kook, Song Ji Hyo’s bodygu- Actually, her fiancé.” The two man smiled and greeted each other.

“I need to be alone with Song Ji Hyo for the time being. An assistant will lead you to another private room.”

Jong Kook look at Ji Hyo who hesitated to and gripped her hands together.

“It is required, per circumstantial for privacy between a doctor and the patient.” Sung Joon noticed their discomforts and reassures him.

Jong Kook kneeled to Ji Hyo and held her hands tightly.

“Stay here or a while, I’ll be right back. Alright?” Ji Hyo hesitated but nodded lightly.

"Il Kook oppa," Jong Kook turn back to Ji Hyo, confused. "Come back quickly, alright."

"I'm Jong Kook..." Jong Kook whispered.Her smile changed to a blank face as she turn back around. He rubbed his fingers together anxiousl and lef the room.

He exit the room and follow the assistant into another room. To his astonishment, he was in a soundproof room where he could see Ji Hyo and Doctor Sung Joon in the previous room but they can’t see him.

“What’s this?” He asked.

“This is a monitoring room where the records are kept confidential. Doctor Bang Sung Joon uses this method to help his patients and uses the data to help other patients. Don’t worry, he is really trustworthy.”

“Are you sure?” Jong Kook worriedly look at Ji Hyo as she bit her lips.

“Of course, he is friends with the President of Keyeast Entertainment. You know him right? President Park Hyung Sik? He’s having his wedding in less than 2 weeks with actress/ model Lim Ji Yeon.” The assistant smiled.

Jong Kook shot his head to the assistant then back to the screen. Doctor Bang Sung Joon is that Park Hyung Sik dude’s friend??? Wait, he was at the fashion party too… This is so messed up…

****

I hope this story brought in some spartace moments. Sorry, I'm not much of a great romanticist... hehe... pls leave comments, it means alot to me and kudos to those who are reading it. thank you :) see ya bunnies. hope you enjoy the chapter, although it was quite long. once again, sorry for the complicated history.