Dejavu

Timeless Love

The sunlight beamed on the windshield and blinded Jong Kook. He woke up to still be inside the car. He stayed up all night waiting for Ji Hyo but she didn’t return as he drifted to sleep. Did she seriously not get home? He tried to knock on her door, pounding it even. He was afraid that if it opens, how could he face her? But if it doesn’t open, what should he do? Report to the cops? No, he can’t do that.

He repeatedly pressed ring the bell. He called Kwang Soo again.

“Hello Hyung.”

“Kwang Soo, is Ji Hyo there?”

“Nneh, she is having a meeting with the CEO now.” He let out a breath of relief, as long as she had returned, he felt better. At least she has returned.

“But Hyung, did something bad happen? Why is Ji Hyo noona so depressed?”

“Why? Did something happened?”

“I- Hyung, I’ll talk to you later.” Then he hung up. Jong Kook was worn out. He decided to leave to take a rest.

*************************************************************************************

“So you’re not going to continue with C-Jes anymore?” Baek Chang Joo asked the woman in long sleeve laced pattern dress and wavy hair. Ji Hyo blankly nodded and crossed her legs.

“Can I ask why?” He stopped walking around and sat down. She just stared at him in response. “Song Ji Hyo, if this is what you want then I cannot stop you. But it will really impact the company.”

“So?”

“CEO Yoon is a big sponsor for us and mostly for you. If you leave C-Jes, he might pull out investments.”

“Sir, I think that guidelines have been set clearly.” Ji Hyo coldly stated.

“Okay, I won’t try to persuade you,” He raised his hands up. “But before your contract expires in the next two weeks, would you please do the honor and accompany CEO Yoon to the fashion show? This is my last request after your drama premier ends.

Ji Hyo just stared at him and curved her lips slightly up, “Yes, it would be an honor.”

************************************************************************************

Ever since that evening from when Ji Hyo was gone, Jong Kook hardly met Ji Hyo again. Every time he went out to accompany her, he would always be inform that she left already or else she is really busy. He didn’t even catch a glimpse of her when she was in the studio, taking photoshoots and stay on shows. Was she purposely avoiding him now? The thought of it pulled his heart strings. Why is it that she avoided him? Was she embarrassed? Angry? Upset? He didn’t know what to do to flush away the anxious feelings that lingers around him.

He missed seeing her argue with him, pranking and playing. Although she wasn’t much of a gamer, she knew how to played the game well. He missed pushing and pulling with her, making her angry, seeing her pouty face and the frowns on her forehead. Now that he thought about it, she never fully laughed, only smile. How he long for that smile, just a little glimpse of her image can satisfy his yearning.

He missed her scent, one that drives him crazy for a moment.

After having gone without Ji Hyo for two whole weeks, almost three, today he finally had the chance to see Ji Hyo. Kwang Soo had been occupied with Ji Hyo’s other schedules and asked Jong Kook to assist Ji Hyo to pick out a dress for her upcoming event with CEO Yoon.

Ji Hyo got out of her apartment and stopped before entering the car. Jong Kook was waiting for, if not physically glad, he was internally mentally happy to see her. But on the side note, he was worried too. She has gotten skinnier and paler. Still the beautiful woman he met the first time, yet becoming more pretty with time.

Before he could do open the door for her, she took her phone and called Kwang Soo.

“Why didn’t you pick me?” Her voice still sounds so sweet yet bitter. The ice queen has return. “Forget it.” Ji Hyo hanged up and walked to the car and opened it before Jong Kook could greet her. She entered on her own and waited for him to drive on. He proceeded to the store.

Every dress that she tried on, he couldn’t help it but glance at her. She was really gorgeous, classy.

“Do you know which dress you will wear?” the receptionist asked.

“I don’t know, all of the dresses are beautiful.” Ji Hyo smiled.

“Ani, they all match you perfectly Ji Hyo ssi.” She was wearing a Marie Claire dark blue dress with a slit on the side. “Isn’t that so?” The woman asked Jong Kook. His eyes weren’t blinking at all. She was drop dead gorgeous in the dress.

“N-neh.” He stuttered before looking away and exiting to the main lobby. Ji Hyo only glared at him before changing back to her normal clothes. She wanted to collapse but she tried to hold her stance. She can’t look weak in front of him. No, she won’t be weak in front of anyone. She’ll show them all, her worth and change. She’s never returning to that hell.

Jong Kook exit the room and waited in the lobby. His heart flutter, pulling him to go back in but he couldn’t bring himself to do so. After fighting with himself he decided to go back in. As he entered the room, he heard her scream inside the changing ward. He ran in there and held her in his arms, looking for anyone who could have been in there with her. But there was no one.

“Why did you-“ He realized that it was not Ji Hyo, but another woman.

Ji Yeon looked up at Jong Kook’s serious face that stared at her, and quickly pushed him away.

“I-it’s you.” She pointed to him. “Mr. Yellow Handkerchief.”

“I’m sorry.” He bowed and stared at her, still shock to have mistaken her for Ji Hyo. “How- How did you get in here? Where is Song Ji Hyo?” He asked, looking around frantically.

“Song Ji Hyo?” Ji Yeon looked around the room. “I think…” Jong Kook pushed her back and slid the cloth back to hide them as he saw someone similar from the reflection of the big mirror behind her. He covered and told her to be quiet as they both heard an old laugh, so creepy that Ji Yeon shut shut in fear.

“Which one should we choose sir? The young master would be drop dead handsome! Hehehe.” Mr. Choi hit him.

“He’s not dead.”

“I’m sorry sir. I’m sorry. I was wrong.” The minion apologized in fear. The old man continue to laugh again and looked at the suits beside the room with the mannequin.

“Take this one and that one over there.” He demanded before leaving the room with his minions.

Jong Kook let out a breath of relief and removed his hand from Ji Yeon’s mouth. He quickly let go of her as he realized they were close, too close. Ji Yeon’s heart beated wildly but she quickly recover.

“Excuse me, but do you know them?” Ji Yeon asked. Jong Kook didn’t say anything and opened the wardrobe to exit. “Wait!” She called after him and grabbed his arm. Her long white dress made her stumbled as he caught her. “Your handkerchief…” Before she could go grab it for him…

“Long time no see, Mr. Kim.” Jong Kook recognized the voice. Mr. Choi, the old man re-entered the room. “Or should I say, Business man K.” He clicked his tongue and laughed. “May I know who this woman is?” He gestured toward Ji Yeon.

Jong Kook flipped back on his serious look and pulled Ji Yeon behind him. “No one you need to know.”

“Is that so?” He walked forward. “Then we should probably meet again soon.” He chuckled again, “You too my dear.” He voiced toward Ji Yeon who held onto Jong Kook’s shirt as she hid behind him. He walked pass them and headed out.

Jong Kook looked at the timid Ji Yeon who held tightly onto his blazer. “It’s alright.” She finally look out to make sure they were gone. The looks from those minions behind him were no joke, every one of them were giving her the look of a hungry wolf.

“What’s your name?” He smiled at her.

“Lim Ji Yeon.” She quirk her hand to hold his.

“Kim Jong Kook.” She smiled after finding out his name.

“What’s the ‘business man K’ for? A nickname?” She curiously asked.

“It’s nothing.”

“Where have I heard that name before...? Business man K…” Ji Yeon’s light bulb lit up and she covers . “Are you that Business man K? The one who owns many of the K group resorts and companies around South Korea.”

Jong Kook just crookedly shook his head.

“You hesitated. I’m right.” Ji Yeon couldn’t believe her own mind anymore. Jong Kook quickly signals her to quiet down whereas she silently nodded after hushing down. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.” She winked at him and signal an ‘ok’ sign.

Jong Kook finally notices the white dress she was wearing. “By chance are you…?”

“Umm, actually,” Ji Yeon scratched her head. “Technically yes but not really.” He raised his eyebrows at her. “How do I explain this?” She wanted to clarify her relationship with Hyung Sik but it will only make her look awful in front of him.

“Congratulations.” Jong Kook smiled at her. “If he makes you cry, you can tell oppa to beat him up ok.”

“Oppa? You? My oppa?” She pointed back and forth.

“Of course, you said that you’ll keep my secret.” They nodded and he headed out. She was going back to change but then realize that the handkerchief was still in her hand. She quickly ran after him.

Ji Hyo was checking out with the dress getting ready for her. As she was turning to sit down, she bumped into Hyung Sik.

“Oh, it’s you Song Ji Hyo-ssi.”

“Hello President Park.” She bowed.

“Don’t need to be formal. Just speak with me comfortably. Ji Hyo.” He winked at her as Ji Hyo could only smile at his player ways.

They both settle down at the seats with drinks accompanying them.

“So are you feeling better?” Hyung Sik worriedly asked her.

“Of course.”

“I mean, are you alright, internally, mentally?” Ji Hyo stared at the table, remembering what happened the day Jong Kook kicked her out of the car.

*Flashback*

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckOh86bm798&ebc=ANyPxKq-qR8LLMAU2nGHOenaf1gexQaWbToKvfuWnXK2ybtU13fY1nGyuQRaSHYUngdYJGpwH37l )

Ji Hyo walked along the bridge down to busy square town. She gazed over at tall buildings. She walked for hours, balling her eyes out as the chilly wind blew over her cheeks. She didn’t even know where she was going, wherever the road went, she followed blindly.

It was quite a while when she realized how late it was, the sky was dark, no stars could be seen. Her tears dried, itching her skin, and clogged nose.

She had reached the steps of a neighborhood. That’s when she realized that she had walked home. Not to her house in Seoul, but her hometown.

Ji Hyo blankly stared at the long stairs that started to wind back her childhood, her past. She wanted to run away, but her feet couldn’t move.

‘Seong Im-ah, play with me.’

‘Seong Im-ah, let’s go fish.’

‘Let me help you.’

‘Seong Im-ah, I’ll show you a special place. Only you and I know about it.’

‘Seong Im-ah.’

‘Seong Im-ah!’ the voice screamed in her head.

She quickly shook her head and shut her eyes, holding onto the wall to stop her from collapsing on the hard ground. She was starting to shake. But she held her fist tight in her hand.

‘You’re sickening.’ ‘Disgusting.’ ‘Dirty.’ ‘I don’t like you.’ Jong Kook’s words marked her. She can’t back down like this. She has to stay strong.

Ji Hyo stood up and took a step up the stairs. She heard a sweet voice. A voice she longed for, a warm voice.

The woman beated her. The woman yelled at her. ‘Liar.’ she argued with the woman. ‘Go die!’

Those words were like needles that poked her skin, she felt her feet giving up strength as she got closer and closer to the top. The warm voice grew louder, more audible. She felt like she couldn’t breathe.

Reaching the top slowly, she saw an elder woman at the top of the stairs selling oranges at her booth.

The woman smiled warmly to the people left on the little street. She was starting to pack up and move her booth down the street. One of the boxes of oranges fell down as kids ran down the street. The oranges rolled to her feet, along the road. The elderly woman quickly grabbed them and tried to put them back in the boxes.

Ji Hyo’s heartache when the woman tried to catch the rolling oranges. She bent down to pick up some of the oranges. Looking at the bright orange in her hand made her eyes well up with tears. After she was able to pick up a few oranges, she walked up to the woman who was still crawling and picking the rest of the oranges.

She handed them to her.

“Thank you. Ommo thank you.” The lady then look up at her. She was stricken with shock as she saw Ji Hyo’s face.

“Omma…” Ji Hyo called her.

The woman then quickly grabbed the oranges and got up and ran to her booth. She put the box of orange their and dragged Ji Hyo along.

“What are you doing here?” her mother whispered raspy. “Why did you come back?”

Ji Hyo just glanced at her, her mother’s skin was all wrinkled up, her youth was gone.

“I’m asking why you’re here?”

“I…” Ji Hyo swallowed her last bit of courage. “I just passed by.” Her mother looked angrily at her and pushed away her arm.

“If you’re just passing by then leave now.” She ordered. “And don’t ever come back.” She started to leave and pushed her cart away. Ji Hyo was the only one to stood agape as her mother walked away further and further. A thief came by and tried to rob her mother. Ji Hyo ran quickly to help her. She fought with the thief.

Little Ji Hyo fought with the man as he hit her. She bit his hand and pushed him away. She took out the fruit knife and pointed it at him.

Ji Hyo was really anxious now. “Leave or I’ll kill you.” Her mother then screamed for help and police. The thief ran away, leaving them together.

Her mother brushed her away and pulled the knife away. She glared at Ji Hyo and started to push her cart away. Ji Hyo only gazed at her mother’s whose back is turned to her.

“Do you like it? Living like that...” Ji Hyo said angrily, trying to maintain her voice. Her mother ignored her and kept walking away. She ran to pull her mother’s arm. “Is this what you have become? After all these years, you won’t even look at me.” She asked, almost pleading.

Yet her mother turned to glare at her and grin.

“I don’t have a daughter like you. My daughter died a long time ago. Ani, I never had one.”

A tear fell out of Ji Hyo’s eye.

“Why are you crying? Miss, just who are you?”

“O-omm-“

“I am living happily without you. Why are you back now? Trying to give me problems? I should have thrown you away when you were young. Poor me,”

Ji Hyo drew a cold breath and nodded, keeping her face straight and smiled. “That’s good then. I’m living fine too. I am happy, even if there is no you.”

“Oh really,” she snickered at Ji Hyo. “Now leave and don’t ever come back you wench,” and she left Ji Hyo alone. She turned back to see Ji Hyo still standing in the same place. “Why are you standing there for? Do you want me to repay for your bravery? Alright.” Her mother quickly bagged some oranges and a couple of bills and threw them at Ji Hyo. “Now, leave. You want me to kick you out?” She hit Ji Hyo and shoved her farther away.

“You don’t have to kick me out and beat me to leave. I will.” Ji Hyo let go of the grip of her arm. “As for these fruits, I don’t need them. They are disgusting and dirty, just like this place. I don’t want to be stain with them.” She stuffed the bag of fruit with a handful of bills and shove them back at her mother and walked away. She stormed away frustratingly down the steps.

She slowly walked back to the neighborhood roads and dragged her feet, stopped herself from looking back. She doesn’t want to look back and she won’t. She forced herself to keep walking. She passed by a few houses and wanted to call Kwang Soo but then realized her phone was gone. She withered through the roads to get to the store.

“Seong Im-ah.” a drunk voice called her. Ji Hyo froze. She started to tremble as she heard the footsteps get closer. “Seong Im-ah,” The voice called louder. She then walked away faster, trying to escape the voice as she knew who it belong to. She refused to look back in terror. She started running as the footsteps ran in a fast pace after her. Whether it was a human or monster behind her, she doesn’t want to look back. She ran toward the alley that will lead to the closest store in the neighborhood. As she was a few feet away to the main street, the man gripped her shoulder while Ji Hyo shook off the hand that familiarly held her.

He strongly pulled her back before she reached the city street. He pinned her on the brick wall in the alley. Ji Hyo was too afraid to look up at him.

“Seong Im-ah,” he huffed for breath, “It is you.” He hugged her as Ji Hyo tried to struggle out of his arms. She closed her eyes shut and hit him with all the strength she had. “It’s me Seong Im-ah.” Alcohol reeked from his clothes and breath. Ji Hyo was so scared now. Her body was trembling. “Aren’t you happy to see oppa? Look at me.” but she refused to look at him.

Instead she bit his hand and kick him and tried to run away. But his grasp on her was tight as he pulled her against him again.

“Why? Are you that scared of oppa?” Her legs weakened as he touched her face. “Oppa, won’t do that again, trust me.” His lips curled up into a smile. “Or is it because you don’t remember me? It’s your oppa, Bolin oppa.” Ji Hyo look up to face him, his face with some facial hair, he has age too but he still looked the same, and drunkly looked at her and caressed her face. Her lips quiver at his touch and she pushed his hand away. Horror plastered over her face. She tried her best to avoid him for years yet they meet again. He leaned in to kiss her as Ji Hyo screamed at him.

“Get away from me!” She moved with all her strength. But he kept pulling her closer for a kiss. He tried to force her onto him as she struggled and hit him, moving her head fiercely back and forth to escape him. She bit his hand and he screamed in pain and let go of her, hitting her face. She fell on the hard ground and trip, hurting her ankle as she struggled to get up to her feet. He flipped her over and got on top of her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He angrily asked her. “You’re not going anywhere. You are staying here with me, Seong Im.”

He laughed hysterically at her.

“You are mine.” He hungrily gazed at her and tried to undress her.

“Please, let me go!” Ji Hyo pleaded him. Memories blinded her as her strength grew weaker and weaker. “Please, ah please!” She shut her eyes as the memories she tried so hard to block streamed back in.

‘I like you, Seong Im-ah.’

‘I like you too oppa.’

‘Not like that.’

‘What do you mean oppa? You don’t want to be my brother?’ a little Ji Hyo asked teenage Bolin.

‘I don’t want to be a brother to you. I want to be more than that.’ He held her hand desperately.

‘What are you saying oppa?’ Ji Hyo tried to push away his hand away but he gripped it tight.

‘Don’t you get it?’ he disturbingly looked into her eyes. ‘Oppa likes you as a girl, not a sister.’

Ji Hyo was so shocked and scared. She was going to run for the door as there was no one there. They were isolated in the area. Ji Hyo tried to get up as he was frustratingly pulling his hair after confessing to her. She bolted for the door as he flipped over the table and ran after her.

Ji Hyo laid there lifelessly as she heard the voices in her head scream. She started screaming hysterically as he tried to rip her tank top. She wiggle out of his grasp and grabbed anything she could and hit him with a glass bottle. She got up with all her might as she was reliving her biggest fears, screaming for help.

‘Omma! Help me!’ the voice echoed, begging in her head.

Eeeerrr!

The car stopped before it hit Ji Hyo while she fell in front of the car. Hyung Sik quickly got out of the car to help her.

“Miss, are you alright? Are you-“ He stopped before noticing she was half dressed and covered in marks around her face and body. She was crying and shivering nonstop. Her messy hair cover her face as it sticks onto her wet tears. She removed his hands from touching her. She refused to be held by him.

“Cheon Seong Im!” Hyung Sik and Ji Hyo looked over to see Bolin running after her from the alley. She started to panic as Hyung Sik pulled her to his car and speeded away. He ran after them, shouting her name over and over again he disappeared. They finally arrived outside of the police station as he looked over to see her. She was crouching over the seats, trembling and whimpering in fear. He couldn’t stand it and wanted to skin the man who did this to her alive.

He got out of the car to open her door. He softly touched her shoulder as she pulled back in reflex, scooted to the other side of the seats. She softly cried as he heard her muffled in her screams. He slowly reached for her again.

“Miss, you are safe now. Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to you. I promise.” He held his hands up to show her he has nothing in his hands. “It’s okay, you can come out now. He is gone. We are at the police station now.” He couldn’t see her face clearly as her hair covered it and she pulled anything she could to cover herself. She was left in her pants and tank top and half of her ripped sweater.

He took off his blazer and handed it to her as she cornered herself. When he got closer and moved her hair from her face, he finally notice who she was.

“S-Song Ji Hyo-ssi.” He stuttered as she faced him with her swollen pink eyes and drenched wet face. He quickly covered her body with his blazer. “It’s me, Park Hyung Sik, from Keyeast entertainment.” After realizing who he was Ji Hyo jumped into his arms and cried and hid herself. He cooed her and gently patted her back. “Don’t be afraid. You are safe now.” Ji Hyo cried harder as those events kept haunting her.

*************************************************************************************************************

Sorry if the flashback was disturbing, but this is where the connection starts. I hope it’s not too boring. See ya bunnies. Everyone has a secret, and behind every secret there is a reason.